Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Hello!

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

Default Hello!

Hey guys! It's great to see that some of you are still lurking around this ghost town-- I know it seems dismal and utterly quiet, but there are still active community members (mostly due to the rising popularity of the project, FreeRealms:Sunrise), which is really promising to see.

I can't remember the last person to post on this thread-- I apologize for already forgetting your name-- but I enjoyed reading your post and recollecting similar decisions I made, contrary to the game. I remember being young and naive as to remembering proper online etiquette (revealing personal info and what have you), but I sympathize with you. I remember the feeling of being pressured by the community to reveal my age and identity because it seemed as everyone else did it, especially those more prone to popularity in the game *cough* *cough* anyone associated with Golden Hearts or Hearty/Poptart. But anyways, that was the beauty of FreeRealms back then, I guess... You could learn and grow from other and yourself. I feel kind of dumb for saying it, but I feel like this virtual, fake game was not an isolation from the outside world like other games. You could interact with human beings your age, younger, and older through the virtual interface, which was one of the most satisfying features of FR. You were allowed to be honest or dishonest, cruel or kind, happy or sad.... free from the reality you were living to step into a virtual one without limitations. That's what I miss most growing up over the years-- that lifted limitation of who I was in the eyes of other people like me.

I wish this game was still active, as most of us do. From the 2008/9 beta to the sunset, I really nurtured a better sense of what mold I could fill into beyond the game because I learned what I could do/say, act and feel. I could experiment with myself in an interactive and fun way (which feels pathetic to say), but it is really true.

I would encourage any of you who were brought up by this game through the aches of reality to seek a sense of your own individualism and grasp onto what nurtured you throughout the game, let it be your sense of humor, your addiction to fashion-- whatever you can find! Disconnect from your virtual reality and meld your own character to the one submerged in the real world because expressing your hidden figures is one way to break the mold.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my Ted Talk lol. I really do hope everyone is doing okay. Keep your heads up and make smart decisions. In the meantime, I might contact Daybreak to see if they have consulted any plans in the past to do anything with FR, or if they have been approached by other community members in regards to the revival of the game.

Much love and tata,

Cambri <3
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri

Lilah Dimdal is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Hello!

P.S these threads lock up faster than usual, so don't feel like you're being annoying if you make a whole new thread to reply to an old thread.
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/23s6mu0.jpg/IMG]
    ❀ Smell the sweet scent of nature
    Cambri