Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon8 Yarcofin's Ultimate Free Deck

Note: This strategy is only usable by people whose starter deck was Nature sphere. If you have one of the other decks, I can work with you to create your own deck though.

My goal is to create the best non-member free deck, fully capable of competing with people who have bought booster packs. I use only my starter deck (Nature) that I got when I signed up, and the cards I gained through the non-member Card Duelist quest path. I'm kind of new to the whole card game thing, but here is what I've put together so far...

Name: Ultimate Deck
    Type: Primarily Nature, with some Chaos tricks
    # of Cards: 42
    Avg Flip: 2.7

*I am currently in the process of adding two more heros to my deck, which will raise the deck size to 48 and increase Avg Flip slightly, to 2.8. I'll have to do some testing to see if this is better or worse than my current setup. I might also continue to tweak it in other ways.

Creatures:
    3 x Fire Toad
    2 x Changeling Mage
    3 x Arctic Frostfang
    3 x Mushroom Giant Warlord
    3 x Ari The Fish

Trick:
    2 x Dive Bomb
    3 x Shuriken Toss
    3 x Ice Nova
    3 x Berserker Shout
    3 x Spin Attack
    3 x Bat Attack

Resource:
    2 x Bandages
    3 x Easy Money
    3 x Harvest The Crop
    3 x Sudden Strength

Many people feel that the Nature deck is mainly designed for hunting rather than attacking, but I feel my deck is fairly well-rounded in both. If I get lucky, I can hunt at the beginning of the match and pull out to an early lead (especially with the Easy Money resource card,) but I also have some quite strong cards for attacking and defense later in the match.

As my starting creature, I use the Fire Toad. I chose to replace the various 1-coin changelings from my starter deck with fire toad because of it's increased attack. I don't know the statistics to calculate it, but it feels like I draw my Fire Toad on either the initial hand or the re-draw roughly 80% of the time, or 4 out of 5 matches. On an unlucky hand (about 1 in 5,) I only have a Changeling Mage and can't put out a creature on my first turn.

My intermediate creature is the Artic Frostfang, which makes a good transition from “hunting mode” to “attack mode.” Once I have 5 coins per turn, I can pull out my heavy hitters: Mushroom Giant Warlord, and Ari The Fish. Once I have 2 Mushroom Warlords and Ari on the table, it's very hard for my opponent to get them off, especially with some good tricks backing me up.

Which brings me to my tricks. By far, my favourite trick is Bat Attack, since it can be used both offensively and defensively. Combined with my 5-coin cards, it can make some pretty brutal attacks. Other good attack boosts are Shuriken Toss, Dive Bomb, and Ice Nova. Then we come to a curious Chaos card among my tricks... Berserker Shout. It seems a bit out of place in such a green deck, but actually works quite well. If you look closely at my deck, you will see that nearly all of my cards have either yellow or blue gems, almost exclusively. This, combined with the fact that all the special abilities of my cards either work with the entire deck or nature cards, means that all of the cards work together based on gems rather than sphere. The main thing is to not have a creature where it's special ability is something like “Discard two (X Sphere) cards for a +3 attack boost”, when you don't have any (X Sphere) cards in your deck! Finally we have Spin Attack... a great defensive card that can zap and block your opponent scoring 2 points or more in a turn. Works especially well when both players have three creatures on the table, and saves you wasting a lot of tricks and resources to defend yourself, when you don't have to.

Preliminary matches show that my deck is strong against other Nature decks, neutral against Machine decks, and weak against Order decks. I haven't played a Chaos deck yet.
    Last edited by Yarcofin; 06-17-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Kimmy Sweetblossom is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Yarcofin's Ultimate Free Deck

ooooooooohh lol i thought you where going to put up virtual rewards =P
    Im back! :3

ImDoneItsOver is offline Explorer

the deck is a bit large if you ask me.... but hey I'm at 42 myself My starter was Nature as well and my deck is of the free type even though I'm a member My Deck ratio is 20 monsters 12 tricks and 10 Resource and its at 2.5 and doing well against everything but Chug.......

Yarcofin is offline Amateur Gamer

Lol. If 42 is too much, then you don't want to see the modifications I just made to this deck... I turned it into a 52 card monster. It seems to be playing just as well, if not better... that's just some very limited testing though.

But like I said I'm not a pro. Haven't played any other TCG. When I was a kid, I only collected pokemon cards for the pretty pictures, and to trade them haha. Just hoping to show other beginners that you can make a pretty solid deck for free, and maybe give some people ideas for their own decks.

Now I think that Avg Flip is a bit overrated too. You can get a high number like 3+ from making a great deck, but you can also get a really high number just by loading your deck too full of 5-coin creatures and 4-star tricks. So it can be a sign of an unbalanced deck that doesn't have enough lower creatures. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Yarcofin; 06-17-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Kimmy Sweetblossom is offline Master Gamer

i collect pokemon cards to make money off them =P
    Im back! :3

Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

That's pretty close to the nature deck I made except I don't use the chaos cards and I have ernie and Morning Glory for card destruction if I get a slow start.
    I think the biggest strength is in it's ability to quickly move through your deck to get the important cards into your hand.
    I do find a nature deck seems to have some trouble dealing with a deck that is heavy on stuns and ally buffs like the blue cards are though. It does really well against aggressive decks like chaos and machines.

RedBear is offline Amateur Gamer

i hate this deck. its what i got stuck with and its so weak. my son got machines and its SO much better.

been trying to beat jammie (i think thats the name). one of the final (if not the final) quest for level 20 and i cannot beat her. she keeps destroying all my points with her fancy deck. my son, on the other hand, has his own destroyer cards.

ImDoneItsOver is offline Explorer

So true. Nature has NO Stun protection except to replace the creature... And Jamie is quite the pain, I can take her 1st 2 decks just fine but when I try her creature and resource decks I cant for the life of me beat them SHE ALWAYS FLIPS HER STUN ALL abilty with that dang pixie. She however is NOT the last as you will need to find and Duel Ari the Fish...... the game is SOOooooooo rigged Comps get to start 1st and have creatures AND resources AND they ALWAYS get the right draws AND FLIPS....... I dont get why they would Stack this TCG's "Story" mode so poorly then again this TCG REQUIRES more LUCK than ANY other TCG EVER..... (I have no luck.... and "Skill" wont carry you very far in this TCG) Its still for some reason fun though.....

Sleepingwolf is offline Amateur Gamer

Yea, I hit a wall when I had to beat her resource deck, have come within 2 points by making use of card destruction but I think I am just a few cards light on resources to pull it off.
    If not for her starting with a card out, plus getting first go she wouldn't be a hard win but that's a huge advantage.
    I disagree about the machine decks though, I have yet to lose to one with the nature deck.

Carlos Fierceflare is offline Amateur Gamer

dude that really is an ultimate deck