Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Title: Wizard Chase Deck

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Wizard Chase Deck

In the TCG tournament last night, I just found out that the resources Runaway Mine Cart's and Silversnow's Fruitcake's abilities have been limited after the FR update 2 days ago; previously, I can use these resources repeatedly; but now, I can only use these once in 1 turn. I also encountered a player with 24 badges, and I thought I was winning the game, 8 - 0, until at turn 6, he/she brought out Netallie, followed by a series of chasing, stunning, and hunting, with Archnos, Wizard level 20 DoD, Mushroom Giant Boss, Banshee Boss, etc. using tricks like Ground Pound, etc.; no resources in his/her inventory. My creatures in the 3 columns were sitting ducks. In 2 turns, my opponent won 8 -12. My creatures didn't even get destroyed. I know this is the infamous "Wizard Chase Deck," lol. I am not at a "liberty" to divulge the player's name. Watching my opponent's cards moved, while eating popcorn, was very entertaning, but unfair, lol.

Even before the FR update, anybody could be able to get Runaway Mine Cart and Silversnow's Fruitcake from buying booster packs or by trading. Anybody could use these resources as they please. In my Steamer deck, I have some tricks/resources (like Sneakiness, Keep the Beat, and Sudden Strike) to counter my opponent's Mine Cart and Fuitcake resources. It is a level playing field. Some players use exclusive cards like RTS and Extend Claws; that is ok, at least they get used in 1 turn, not repeatedly. I heard that Burt "Wrecking" Crewe's ability to score a card for each power-up is limited, not allowing you to score > 3 cards; Keep the Beat's ability to turn the opponent's resource face down is limited to certain number of resources. My question is, why don't $OE limit the number of coins gained by the Wizard level 20 DoD?

I decided to send a ticket, not to complain, but to inquire. I was asking when $OE will sell DoD cards again, to level the field, lol?; is the Wizard DoD's ability to gain coins, with multiple chasing, stunning, and hunting in 1 turn glitched?; will they limit number of coins gained by the Wizard DoD in 1 turn?

My TCG knowledge is very limited, primarily playing a Machine sphere deck. I was just wondering if there are strategies to counter a Wizard Chase Deck. Thanks.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Wizard Chase Deck

I'm not sure if it is a design flaw or not, but m begining to suspect such. I would like to hear what SOE has to say on the issue. Please post back when you get a response.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    I'm not sure if it is a design flaw or not, but m begining to suspect such. I would like to hear what SOE has to say on the issue. Please post back when you get a response.
    This was the ticket I sent:

"Not a problem, but a question. Will the DoD cards be available again in the marketplace, especially the Wizard level 20 DoD? I know the abilities of Silversnow's Fruitcake and Runaway Mine Cart have been limited during the last update; will the ability of the Wizard DoD be limited too, its ability to gain coins in the game? I am not sure if you are familiar with the Wizard Chase Deck, where the player chases, stuns, and hunts many times in one turn using Archnos, Wizard DoD, Banshee Boss, Mushroom Giant Boss, etc.

I wish the DoD cards will be available in the Marketplace to level the field.

Thanks,
    Brett"

-o-o-

This was the reply I got:

"What's up!

This is Referee Amethyst from Free Realms.

I understand that you would like to know if the TCG Duelist on Demand Cards will be coming back. Unfortunately those awesome cards will not be returning to Free Realms. = ( If you need help with anything else just let us know.

See you around Free Realms.

Unicorns and Glitter
    Referee Amethyst"

Rφb is offline Banned

Haha I remember the first time when the Wizard Chase Deck was used on me. I was winning 9-0 and then I lose.

Since I know the cards in my deck, and if I 'm losing 8-0 due to a bad draw; I will likely lose. I would throw the towel and concede the match. On the other hand, the Wizard Chase Deck is like a phoenix rising from the burning ashes, lol; despite an 8-0 loss, that special deck still wins.

The Wizard Chase Deck is brilliant, but annoying, lol. I thought my opponent has a bad draw, and I would likely win; however, I "shouldn't count my chickens until they've hatched," lol.

Silver Shamrock told me about his thread on this topic at the MM site. To counter the Wizard Chase deck, people recommended using resources/tricks to turn the opponent's resources down; using exclusive cards like RTS and Extend Claws; Snowed Under; series 3-star Chaos tricks; a fast Chaos scoring deck; Apprentice Mage; Speed Demon; Hold 'em Down with a Chugawug deck; ...

I am thinking of building a Robgoblin Junkpile Deck, and incorporate exclusive RTS and Extend Claws cards (this is the only time I am going to use them, since I primarily use Machine sphere cards, lol). Luckily, there are variations of Robgoblin Junkpile Decks as guides made by great TCG players, including Archer, Shark, and Anuraag.

N.B. Off topic, "Stop SOPA and PIPA - Don't Censor the Web"...

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

I lost 11-12 when someone used this deck on me ... I used a chugawug defense deck.

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

I can understand why they will not be producing more physical DOD sets, but why can't they produce virtual sets? Everything they need to produce virtual DOD cards is (was) already there. If they put them in the SC shop I would most definately buy them if the price was right. It would be a rather easy way for $OE to turn some revenues using graphics they have already paid to produce. I think they are missing out on a good earner here, and we are missing out on the opportunity to have these cards in our decks.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

I am with you, Layla. It just boggles the mind why $OE does not make virtual DoD sets. For instance, if I decide to buy Wizard level 20 DoD in my character's likeness, lol, from the SC Marketplace; $OE will then put 10 digital copies of this card in my inventory. There is no need for codes. These digital copies could easily be traded in the TCG lobby, live or posted.

Without codes, players who would like to get these cards are required to be members so that they can trade in the TCG lobby. There is no need to reinvent the wheel, unless they are improving the virtual sets by adding foil animation effects, lol. The graphics templates/packages for the DoD sets are already created; $OE could just put them back in the SC Marketplace - anyway, $OE does a great job regurgitating the same special events' "hairball" packages every year, like Spooktacular, Snowhill Days, etc. I have no use for the physical cards.

If the DoD cards become available in the SC Marketplace, it will be a win-win situation for $OE and the enthusiastic TCG players. $OE will profit a lot and the players will have fun playing the game in a level playing field (except for the exclusive TCG cards; that is another story, lol).

Benny Solarhammer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Firemumbles View Post
    In the TCG tournament last night, I just found out that the resources Runaway Mine Cart's and Silversnow's Fruitcake's abilities have been limited after the FR update 2 days ago; previously, I can use these resources repeatedly; but now, I can only use these once in 1 turn. I also encountered a player with 24 badges, and I thought I was winning the game, 8 - 0, until at turn 6, he/she brought out Netallie, followed by a series of chasing, stunning, and hunting, with Archnos, Wizard level 20 DoD, Mushroom Giant Boss, Banshee Boss, etc. using tricks like Ground Pound, etc.; no resources in his/her inventory. My creatures in the 3 columns were sitting ducks. In 2 turns, my opponent won 8 -12. My creatures didn't even get destroyed. I know this is the infamous "Wizard Chase Deck," lol. I am not at a "liberty" to divulge the player's name. Watching my opponent's cards moved, while eating popcorn, was very entertaning, but unfair, lol.

Even before the FR update, anybody could be able to get Runaway Mine Cart and Silversnow's Fruitcake from buying booster packs or by trading. Anybody could use these resources as they please. In my Steamer deck, I have some tricks/resources (like Sneakiness, Keep the Beat, and Sudden Strike) to counter my opponent's Mine Cart and Fuitcake resources. It is a level playing field. Some players use exclusive cards like RTS and Extend Claws; that is ok, at least they get used in 1 turn, not repeatedly. I heard that Burt "Wrecking" Crewe's ability to score a card for each power-up is limited, not allowing you to score > 3 cards; Keep the Beat's ability to turn the opponent's resource face down is limited to certain number of resources. My question is, why don't $OE limit the number of coins gained by the Wizard level 20 DoD?

I decided to send a ticket, not to complain, but to inquire. I was asking when $OE will sell DoD cards again, to level the field, lol?; is the Wizard DoD's ability to gain coins, with multiple chasing, stunning, and hunting in 1 turn glitched?; will they limit number of coins gained by the Wizard DoD in 1 turn?

My TCG knowledge is very limited, primarily playing a Machine sphere deck. I was just wondering if there are strategies to counter a Wizard Chase Deck. Thanks.
    I'm not sure what a Wizard DoD does... so can you give me some details about its powers?

Anyway... from what I heard, you could use a brawler DoD, which has a 'I can't be stunned' power. Also, the resource 'Move out!' readies a creature that is about to be stunned. Since you use Machine, you could also use Speed Demon, which prevents its opponent from being readied.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Solarhammer View Post
    I'm not sure what a Wizard DoD does... so can you give me some details about its powers?

Anyway... from what I heard, you could use a brawler DoD, which has a 'I can't be stunned' power. Also, the resource 'Move out!' readies a creature that is about to be stunned. Since you use Machine, you could also use Speed Demon, which prevents its opponent from being readied.
    Level 20 Wizard DoD: "Whenever you chase a creature, gain a number of coins equal to its cost."

For more information, Archer Cherubgrin wrote an article about the DoD cards at the Mystic Mayhem site; here is the link:

Mystic Mayhem - A Free Realms Community - DoD card text

Level 10 "Any Job except Fisherman/Soccer Player": "I can't be stunned."

I use Speed Demon in my deck but it's too late to use it; either it doesn't get drawn from my deck, or damage has already been done, lol.

If you haven't seen a Wizard Chase Deck, I recommend you ask somebody with that deck type to show you how it works. It is awesome and ridiculously insane; it is poetry in motion, lol. He could show you in a 2-player 'no time limit' (not ranked) game in the Casual Games Lobby.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast