Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Useless Card?

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Default Useless Card?

Lol There is 1 card that Iv'e never seen in a Deck........
    And the Award goes tooooooo (Drum Role!) Frostfang Wolf!
    It is a Cost 3 Nature card with 3 Attack and 3 Defense,It's ability is the following..........
    ''When one of my Zapped allies is about to be destroyed, stun it instead.''
    it also Gain's 1 Attack and Defense if it flips a Blue Gem.
    I have never ever seen any1 play this card while I have been playing TCG!
    It's ofter dwarfed by It's other Brother the The Artic Frostfang,which has a better Attack and Defense and A improved ability if I say so.
    So why Use Frostfang Wolf when you can use the much more powerfull Artic Frostfand which is Also Nature and a Cost 3?
    The main thing I would say is that it need's a Blue Gem flip in order to activate It's Attack and Defense while the Artic Frostfang need's a Yellow Gem to activate the same ability.
    So what's the point of it?
    And is there any way it could be intergrated into a Deck?

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Useless Card?

For sure; it's not useless at all. It's generally used in Giant Toad decks. You use it to hunt if possible while it's allies, generally animals, attack every turn, even in unwise battles. If the ally loses the battle, they get stunned instead of dying, then you chase them with a Giant Toad the following turn. You can also put in a couple of Move Out resources to ready a stunned animal so you have a second chance at attacking if you lose a battle (Mushroom Ring will not work for this purpose). If you have a pet trainer DoD hero, that then allows a third animal creature to attack, lose the battle, be stunned by Frostfang Wolf, which is prevented by the DoD hero who then zaps it. And of course, because of the pet trainer hero, the Frostfang Wolf then becomes a 3/6 creature.

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

yea it isnt useless, yes the frastfang is better, but ive seen many decks with it, even some of the good card duelists.

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Hmmmm sounds like it works lol!
    Well i have never put it any of my decks but I should try maybe 1 day?
    Thx for the info!

lol i put my forstfang wolf in my nature deck but i use machine soo yeah....

leolemon is offline Amateur Gamer

frostfang wolf stuns the zapped card that is about to be destroyed. If you have something in your deck that can ready the stunned creature, it can be better than arctic frostfang, because you can still use the wolf to hunt or attack. Plus, it has a flip for +1 attack and +1 defense. It's not guaranteed but likely to have a 4 attack and 4 defense with frostfang wolf AND keep it in play.

When you use arctic frostfang, you lose the ability to use it to hunt or attack.

IMO it's a little more of a risk, but has a little more payoff if you decide to use it. I'm still deciding wich I like better
    In Game Name: Fiona AppleSinger

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

I've seen only 1 person use "Frostfang Wolf" with their Toad Deck. (So Far)

SuperVidgame is offline Explorer

I have like, 4 Frostfangs in my deck. I like using them because they are tough wolf...thingies...

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

I have 2 Frostfang Wolfs and I don't plan on using them in my deck. I can't seem to find a good strategy for its effect atm.