Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Use of Level 20 Blacksmith DoD

There are not many of these Level 20 Blacksmith Duelist on Demand cards floating around, but basically it's a 6 attack / 5 defense hero with ability "When I attack, draw a card".

On first blush, this hero is overall less useful (aside from the +6 attack rather than +5 attack) than the Level 20 Card Duelist DoD with ability "When you flip a card during a battle, put that card in your hand instead of discarding it." which applies to all your creatures on play whether offense or defense and if you flip an extra card, you get to keep that too.

I have come up with basically one scenario where you can get benefit out of the level 20 Blacksmith DoD versus the level 20 Card Duelist DoD. That is the following

Put a level 20 Blacksmith DoD in a deck with at least two level 20 Card Duelist DoDs, as well as at least 2 Hold 'Em Down tricks and preferably at least 2 You Go First. Once you attack with the level 20 Blacksmith DoD and draw your card, use Hold 'Em Down to chase the Blacksmith DoD with a level 20 Card Duelist DoD (presuming you don't already have one in play), and now you will draw another card for the battle flip, and another 5 cards immediately for every You Go First in your inventory that you used

I highly recommend this setup in a deck involving Artifact Detector who will double your combat flips. I also recommend using at least 2 Slide tricks in this type of deck to allow for the possibility of doing a second (or sometimes third) attack and thereby drawing another card in the same turn that you attack with your level 20 Blacksmith DoD.

Anyhow, the overall lesson is the level 20 Blacksmith DoD is secondary in usefulness to the level 20 Card Duelist DoD, but together, they can work well.

Back to Decks by Archer Cherubgrin and Other Links
    Last edited by Archer; 03-16-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Use of Level 20 Blacksmith DoD

Wow, cool! :O
    Thanks for sharing this helpful info.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

That's a very crafty ploy, Archer. I don't ues Hold 'Em Down or You Go First that well. That has to be very useful for your decks since you tend to put less than 3 copies of 1 card very often.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Yes, that's true. There's not much that I put 3 copies of, unless it's something I want to see a lot of both in flips and in my hand. I was trying a version of a deck tonight as I described above and it did well, but could have been a little quicker. It was a machine chugawug deck. Next I'm going to try a blacksmith/golem deck as described above. I think it may work better as far as scoring quickly.

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

Yes, Archer's decks a more sophisticated, and are very complicated to use. Archer I actually think that the Blacksmith guy is better than Poe Tatters or Nirvi. Another use of that card would be Attack + Come Get Some (Will work only if the opponent uses Sprint or something like that.)

I would agree about being better that Nirvi. Poe would be more advantageous in a deck that uses Steam Engineer who readies him, which then readies Steam Engineer and the other ally.

As far as the Come Get Some, that would work, but since most of the cards you want to use to support this hero are Machine, I would be more liable to go the Intimidation route (chaos resource with green gems that readies your choice of creature when you win by 4 or more aka crush) or The Boot.

Drakie is offline Pro Gamer

O_O I have no idea what you guys are on about O_O

Hence why i have played like 20 games of TCG and won two O.e
    Lost in fog and love and faithless fear,
    I've had kisses that make Judas seem sincere..

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

wow archer thats a great strategy... i probably couldnt have figured that out