Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

Default Time Waste Rant

Sorry just venting a little...

I know I've won a lot of tourneys but I join to play the game and win fair and square. I played three people this evening who claimed they had lag even though they managed to subsequently "win" over 3 games in a little over five minutes.

I don't normally mind a bit of 'playing' but that was almost 45 minutes!!!! No way I was letting them win (I didn't lose any of those games).

I am very annoyed!!

I want to name and shame them (but I won't). They should be banned from the game. I know people want the case but that's no reason to cheat. What are the chances of reporting them to get them banned?

Oh, and while I'm angry, I DIDN'T GET MY SPIN TODAY!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Holton; 08-01-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: clarify

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Time Waste Rant

Occasionally I run across an opponent who surruptitiously or not so surruptitiously runs down their time on the first turn or two by playing real slowly (but not slowly enough to hit the three minute window for an automatic forfeit) and hoping I will quit. In such cases, I tend to return the favor and run down my time similarly. That way I can at least cause them to wait twice as long before they try their antics again with the next opponent. I suspect that sometimes this may be a player with more than one account that they are playing simultaneously on adjacent computers, but in other cases it's just a player who isn't good enough to win fair and square so they try to manipulate their way into winning.

I had one person actually say to me something to the effect of "You should just quit. I'm just going to waste more of your time." to which I retorted "I don't care." and I might have added something like "I'm just here for my for wins today" which was the case on that particular occasion.

Then when their time gets down to 1 minute, I drive home my point by saying something to the effect of "A whole lot of good that did you to waste all that time. Now you're going to lose anyway." or in the case they get lucky and still manage to win, I might say something like "Too bad you wasted all that time, you could have won too or tree games by now."
    Last edited by Archer; 08-01-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    I suspect that sometimes this may be a player with more than one account that they are playing simultaneously on adjacent computers, but in other cases it's just a player who isn't good enough to win fair and square so they try to manipulate their way into winning."
    Wow, now that is sad indeed Archer. I like to win at this game, but it is just a game. I would play it win or lose. Against the likes of you and Holton, it's usually less win, and more lose.

I feel your pain Holton. I have run across some of the same type. When I first started playing this game a few months back, I seldom ran across rude players. As the number of players expands, the amount of rude play has expanded as well. I have no idea what to do beyond ignoring them. My usual response is pretty much the same as Archers. I had a player last week that kept telling me to hurry up, but when I looked at the timer; I had 12 minutes left, compared to his 9. After the third time he rushed me, I made sure to take almost 3 minutes every turn. I missed winning that tournament by one game, but he missed winning a foil by one game. Was it worth it? Well...yes! Sometimes Layla can be a little vindictive. I'll have to have a talk with her about that.

Oh, by the way Holton; The spin feature is broken.
    It should pop up after you have been on line for half an hour (or more), but you can not select it from the welcome window. The Update Fairy strikes again. It should be fixed sometime in august.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that i am also sailing the same boat ^_^, yesterday a girl (cant tell the name) was dueling me, and she used to wait for 2:58 minutes, then play a new move. I got VERY annoyed, and yelled "Hey! HURRY UP!" And then she goes like, "Ah you're the top duelist..why dont you quit?" And i am just like....wow. And it ended up that she beat my chaos deck, and she won when she had about 1 minute left cuz of my draw, and i go like "Wow, you wasted your own time there, you could have played a lot more matches during this time." and then she goes like, "Yeah i'm very sorry about this" and i got it that these players are just so irritated with losing, that they cant let other players win that easily either.

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

It may also be a scenario when a group of friends has the goal, "Let's help Fred win" so while Fred plays, friends will tie up good players to slow them down, and of course when they are matched against Fred, they will forfeit. Unfortunately, you probably won't realize when you are in that scenario and will end up wasting time.

There is actually one player I know who often draws out games, but I suspect she is just afk a lot and she often wins anyway, but I still give her a hard time if she is drawing a game out.

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

I get the same problem too at times. The thought of stalling other players just to annoy them to submission is very unsportsmanlike. I have already wasted many tournament chances for the foils because of them.

What I don't get is that one time, I fought a player who took almost a minute for a move. However, when it was my turn, he was like "HURRY UP!" or "....you're slow" even if I was just thinking about what to do for at least 10 seconds.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

Lol Holton,Anu and Arie! This happens to me as well.
    Theirs either someone who just likes to stall the game when their about to lose, or just someone who is slow in the duel, but I could understand the lagging part because I seem to lag sometimes also.And then their are beggers.... Not getting started on them. And their was this dude stalling the game and he was actually saying "Hurry Up!" and he kept spamming it xD.Then I dueled this girl,she didnt even get not 1 score,and she kept spamming "Cry" and "Sad" I almost felt bad but I was like.... And the stallers have cost me 1st place alot of times =/
    Last edited by Chaz Morrison; 08-02-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Rosierulez is offline Master Gamer

Wow, I don't do tournaments or anything like that..............

I notice it causes a lot of frustration..........

~ ‚ÄčKISS KISS FALL IN LOVE ~

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Rosierulez View Post
    Wow, I don't do tournaments or anything like that..............

I notice it causes a lot of frustration..........
    Actually, the tournaments are a lot of fun.
    It is a small number of players that cause frustration.
    Most of the regular players in the TCG are among some of the nicest people you will find on FR.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>