Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Title: TCG Deck Building Tool

Enct is offline Amateur Gamer

Default TCG Deck Building Tool

Hello, I made a FreeRealms plugin for the card program LackeyCCG. Hopefully you all find it as useful as I do. If you find any inconsistencies in the card details, let me know.

Screenshot:
    Spoiler: show

Program bundled with plugin (don't need to do any work): http://puu.sh/1cZIo

pluginfinder.txt (need to do work, but you don't have to trust me): http://puu.sh/1cZHy right click -> save link as

FAQ

Q. What is the purpose of this?

A. To provide a (hopefully) better and easier alternative to in-game deck building.

Q. What do I do with pluginfinder.txt?

A. Launch Lackey, click Preferences, and click Plugin. It should then download the official pluginfinder.txt to the main folder. Replace that with the one linked in this thread. Then re-launch Lackey, go back to Preferences -> Plugin, and click "Install or update this plugin". After you again re-launch Lackey, go back to Preferences -> Plugin and click "Browse installed plugins to load one...". Choose freerealms and then you should see all of the cards in the Deck Editor tab.

Q. What exactly does updating the plugin do?

A. It downloads updatelist.txt, which then tells the program to download more text files, which tell the program what images to download when you mouse over the cards in deck builder, and also all of the card information. The 599 card images are about 280 mb in total.

Q. What is LackeyCCG?

A. Quoting them: "LackeyCCG is a tool for playing any CCG (collectible card game) online (or offline in solitaire mode). It's also a great tool for building and designing decks. You can create your own CCG or download a plugin of an existing game and play with your friends. "

Gems: total number of gems
    Max Att/Def: maximum attack/defense after creature abilities (numbers above 9 don't get ranked properly)
    Type: Creature/Trick/Resource/Human/Pixie/Chugawug/Thugawug/Miner/Bixie/etc. I tried to make everything with related cards searchable, like how undermine only works with miners
    Red/Green/Blue/Yellow: number of gems for each color
    Effect: I tried using short words to describe what each card does. For example, "att def self, destroy creature, discard" would mean they can increase their own attack and defense, have an ability that can destroy a creature, and have an ability that involves discarding a card.

If you typed 'Loose' in quicksearch, you wouldn't get Screw Loose. To search for non-exact names, use the name filter on the left.

RAR size is just under 6 mb, because the pictures automatically get downloaded when you mouse over the cards.
    Last edited by Enct; 10-10-2012 at 11:07 PM.

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: TCG Deck Building Tool

Does it include any decks?

It might if I forgot to remove mine.

Here's a pixie deck I made, though: http://puu.sh/1cZT7 (right click->save link as, then put it in plugins->freerealms->decks)
    Last edited by Enct; 10-09-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Zoro Muzi is offline Amateur Gamer

Wow, this is great!

The Daydreamer
    Found on dead servers, TCG advocate, "Dreams are the key to imigination." -The Daydreamer

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Thanks much, Enct.

This software is very promising. I'm wondering if the program could compute the deck's "flip rate" regarding gems, and/or other stats.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Firemumbles View Post
    This software is very promising. I'm wondering if the program could compute the deck's "flip rate" regarding gems, and/or other stats.
    I'm actually not that familiar with Lackey but I don't think so. If you manually add up the total number of gems, then divide by 40 (or whatever your deck size is) in a calculator, you get the average flip.

Example for the pixie deck I uploaded: average flip is 2.4
    Last edited by Enct; 10-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Enct View Post
    I'm actually not that familiar with Lackey but I don't think so. If you manually add up the total number of gems, then divide by 40 (or whatever your deck size is) in a calculator, you get the average flip...
    Cool, I got it... Thanks!

I think the LackeyCCG program is amazing because it can store the card art for each card; thus, it can be a good reference to look what a card does.

I primarily use a Machine or a Nature deck. I think it is important for me to know and get familiar with the other cards from the other spheres, Order and Chaos, to be a better card duelist. Internet game content is blocked in my school. If offline or no WIFI access, and/or tired/bored from school-related activity, lol; I could probably use LackeyCCG and "study" other cards, what they are capable of doing, and not be blindsided in the tournament, lol.

Congrats, and thanks, for creating a plugin for Free Realms TCG.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

I added a new image for Pumpkin Prince, now that it's in the game. Just update the plugin (download plugininfo.txt if it got replaced), then re-launch and you should see it.

Have any cards had their text changed besides deep cave bat and ground pound?

kadenwolfbane is offline Amateur Gamer

Hey Enct, looks like nice work with this. Did you create all the card images yourself? If so, how did you go about doing that? Seems like it would have been a lot of work O.O

Also, I have my own card list, and it counts 619 cards. Yours says it only has 599? I think you may be missing some. Most likely they are the variations of duelist on demand (1P34-1P52 except 1p44 vittorio). Would account for 18 of them. I'm not sure what the other 2 I have listed that you don't would be though.

Good Job
    Last edited by kadenwolfbane; 10-22-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast