Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Title: Such thing as TCG tournament "cheaters" ?

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Default Such thing as TCG tournament "cheaters" ?

Hey all, I've been wondering about something lately but I know what kind of response I'll get lol. Some ppl try to say there's no such thing as "cheaters" in the TCG tournaments, because after all the cards are available from FR and if they didn't want you to use them they wouldn't have them. But I feel some people use unfair advantages. Example...
    I just came from a TCG tourney. Everyone knows that you win after you make 12 points. I just played against a guy who made all 12 points in one turn...(*
    Edit* I should now add in here that the card responsible for this is the Wizard DoD card, to avoid confusion)
    Forgive me for saying, but I don't think that's right. How can you even play against someone capable of making 12 points in one turn?! that's obviously an unfair advantage, how can there even be a tourney if someone can beat everyone without letting them make any moves? in my opinion, the other player needs to make moves for it to be a fair game. That also goes for the certain players who love to keep every single one of their opponent's cards stunned the whole game, so the opponent has no chance to make any moves. I believe it's not fair to make your opponent incapable of ever making any moves.
    My defintion of "fair" is that both players get to make moves, sure go ahead and score yourself a few 'free' points if you can, but don't make it impossible for your opponent to play at all, because how is that fair? the game is supposed to be based on "luck" but it's certainly not "luck" when your opponent can't do anything at all.
    And before anyone tries to tell me I'm wrong, what is the point of any "game"? for both sides to use their skill to the best of their ability. What fun would it be to watch a football or basketball game if one side made all the moves and made the other team unable to do anything? that takes the point, and the fun, out of the game..
    Last edited by JesterGirl; 05-18-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Added the name of the Wizard DoD card, so people don't accuse me of hating on Stun decks in general xP
    tmorningstar likes this.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Tom FlameBolt1 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Such things as TCG tournament "cheaters" ?

I agree, the game should be won by strategy not just by who has the best cards. Luck should only be a small factor into the game, currently, it is the most vital factor, which is the exact opposite of a fair and fun game. There should be more limits and restrictions on cards this can help balance things out.

Default Re: Such thing as TCG tournament "cheaters" ?

I do agree there should be a restriction on certain moves. There's nothing wrong with using "stun" moves here and there, or scoring a few 'free' points when you have the ability, but when your WHOLE game relies on stunning every one of your opponent's cards every turn, or scoring all 12 points basically at once? that's beyond ridiculous.
    tmorningstar likes this.

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

I had 11 points and my opponent had 1.
    My opponent won.

True story!

Quote Originally Posted by Baybo View Post
    I had 11 points and my opponent had 1.
    My opponent won.
    Oooh yea I went through kinda the same thing, how does someone make all 12 points in ONE turn outta nowhere?? wonder if its the same person, prob not allowed to say names on here but it was a guy and his name started with A.

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGirl View Post
    Oooh yea I went through kinda the same thing, how does someone make all 12 points in ONE turn outta nowhere?? wonder if its the same person, prob not allowed to say names on here but it was a guy and his name started with A.
    Nope.
    It was a girl, I forget her name xD

True story!

It's probably like some type of cheat online...or a hack...People thses days are just mesed up and crazy in the mind.

Ashley Preciousfable is offline Master Gamer

The best thing you can do is write down the players name & report them to the referees. That way they will at least be able to look into it and see if cheating took place.

Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'.
    I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Actually I know the method ... it's using a WIZARD DOD, A Mushroom boss and the wizard hero right?

With those cards you can score about 12 points in one turn, that's too overpowered, I agree it should be controlled however, it's kinda not cheating ...
    Last edited by AangXD; 05-17-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Well Aang to be honest I didn't see the cards they used because by the time I realized they'd even drawn a card, they had 12 points suddenly materialize outta thin air and won the game =/
    I finally did submit a ticket, not trying to spoil anyones fun, but wanted to ask FR why they don't put some kind of limitation on being able to make moves like this. Some players struggle through tournament after tournament, and they are REALLY good players who play legit, but they never get the credit they deserve cuz people like this swoop in with these cheap moves and mess up everyone else's mojo.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast