Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default Share your 'must have' cards and hints and tips

I would love to have an on going thread for those of us who enjoy playing the TCG game but don't really know how to play well.

I am pretty new at the game but I have finished the Card Duelist line and have finished leveling up the card duelist job in FR.

I have been playing in the lobby with other players and am starting to see some strategies that confuse me.

Okay so here is my first strategy that I would like explained.

Sometimes when I am being attacked or I am attacking... my opponent is able to come back with two cards instead of one. Does anyone know which card they are playing to be able to do that?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Share your 'must have' cards and hints and tips

You mean that they're creatures get to flip two cards in battle instead of one? Some cards, which can include creatures, have the ability to let their allies draw extra cards.

Personally, I took my Machine Starter Deck and edited it so that I have only two cards without a green gem (two Kart Drivers) and a Garrison Gold (and I probably replaced a few of the really, really bad cards). When I get lucky, I use Garrison Gold with my two Kart Drivers; the Kart Drivers' abilities let them continuously attack, even if they lose, since their abilities are definitely going to activate (since I have all green gems in my deck); Garrison Gold's ability prevents them from being destroyed, so they remain on the field while their ability lets them attack once more. The only real fault to this is that Garrison Gold is vulnerable.

And I'll be honest, I dislike the TCG game more than FreeRealms.

dargone is offline Explorer

Lots of cards can have that efect, so I'm not 100% sure.

I think Machine decks are good for beginners because they are very forgivving, I think nature decks my self.

Oboy... this is really good stuff. I am going to have to study my cards more and pay more attention to the details.

I wonder why guys are better at this game than girls. At least in the tournaments it is probably only 5 or 10% girls compared to guys. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadira Kindleriver View Post
    I wonder why guys are better at this game than girls. At least in the tournaments it is probably only 5 or 10% girls compared to guys. Any ideas?
    I, myself, think of my own strategies rather instinctively. If it's not going to work, I'll discard it.
    It may be coincidental, though. Perhaps it concerns the actual interest in the TCG game. Less population of a gender will result in less ideas bouncing around, and also less ideas being built upon.

Garrett SH is offline Newbie Explorer

Generally I'll try to find some cards, regardless of the sphere, that work extremely well together, and then build a deck around that combo. For example, I have an extremely successful machine deck that has cards with almost exclusively red gems, and tricks and resources that control what I flip like sqeuaky wheel and big red button. The combo uses these cards and sword wielding ninja and ninja master, both of which destroy an enemy creature upon flipping two red gems. As long as you keep a deck to 40 cards, the combos will show up in 9/10 games and work successfully. That's how I play my decks, and they are almost always successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett SH View Post
    Generally I'll try to find some cards, regardless of the sphere, that work extremely well together, and then build a deck around that combo. For example, I have an extremely successful machine deck that has cards with almost exclusively red gems, and tricks and resources that control what I flip like sqeuaky wheel and big red button. The combo uses these cards and sword wielding ninja and ninja master, both of which destroy an enemy creature upon flipping two red gems. As long as you keep a deck to 40 cards, the combos will show up in 9/10 games and work successfully. That's how I play my decks, and they are almost always successful.
    Hmm.. this is great advice. I am going to check out those cards. So far I have only been playing the Nature sphere and it gets beat pretty bad by the machine sphere so I am very interested in this.

Oh and hey Garrett, welcome to Free Realms Insider!

A TCG player fails when they're stingy enough to pay nothing for cards and only take the freebies. I should know.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

lol...I was freebee before and I was fine. Until the other players bought cards.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Father View Post
    lol...I was freebee before and I was fine. Until the other players bought cards.
    I suppose I'm just as bad with strategy as I always thought, then. Or I just can't find useful combos... I'm hoping the latter.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast