Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Scoring Rant

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default Scoring Rant

What do you think?

I won 19 out of 21 games in a tournament today.
    To bad I lost to someone who won 19 out of 22. What really gets me is that it was someone I had beaten during the tournament. It seems a shame to beat a player, have a higher average than that player, then lose to that same player.

Please don't get me wrong. If I could think of a better way to do the tournament scoring in the TCG I would suggest it. I can not honestly claim to have a better idea.

Do you?
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Scoring Rant

It's backwards, I agree, however, speed of winning will always be important, because even if they some day fix how tie breakers are scored, the player who wins 12 out of 28 games will still beat the player who wins 11 out of 11 games.
    Last edited by Archer; 07-02-2010 at 07:59 AM.

10Fingerz is offline Master Gamer

Does anyone know what happens when they are equal?

i.e. 12 of of 28 vrs 12 out of 28 (for example????)

Layla, we complained and complained and complained about this when the tourneys first started, and I could go and research the post but the response was is that it was NOT going to change. I dont think they ever gave an explanation as to why though, just that it wasn't going to change.

I think it stinks! The person with the best record should win. period.

You and I both know the solution, it should go to the most wins, and if tied, then the least number of loses.

The way it is now is the reason Chaos decks are so popular, you can win less than half your games and still come out on top!

If you wanted to start a petition I would be right there with you protesting with sign in hand but i doubt it would do any good...

Oh well, see ya in-game!

Dorian Silvervale & Baron Von Boomer

Her Majesty's Secret Service

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fingerz View Post
    Does anyone know what happens when they are equal?

i.e. 12 of of 28 vrs 12 out of 28 (for example????)
    I had that happen to me once. We were both declared winners.
    It is supposed to go to a tie break, the duelist with the best over all record but I don't think that system is operating right now. I'm sure a fix for that is "coming soon." ...not
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>