Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Iam Whoiam is offline Newbie Explorer

Default No rewward for winning a Single-player casual game?

I've played and won a copple of these, and as far as I can tell no reward is given.

How am I supposed to get new cards to add to my deck - that is without spending real money ....

Also, past the basic tutorial there seams to be no help...
    What do the little cards below each of your 3 card slots mean?

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: No rewward for winning a Single-player casual game?

You can get free cards by playing in tournaments and by following the Card Duelist quest line (started by Sam Potts in Sanctuary). Casual games are really just for practice.

The little cards are just your scored cards (add them all up and it will be the current amount of battles as the attacker you've won plus hunts you've made).

Some cards use these for effects, by placing some creatures in a slot with more scored cards you will get attack bonuses, etc. Some tricks will use these as well.
    Last edited by Holton; 06-22-2010 at 10:03 PM.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

You can win a few cards by obtaining a certain rank or number of wins in the tournaments that are regularly played in the TCG. You'll find it near the Casual Games button.
    You can also play the Card Duelist quest series to get a number of relatively useful cards. You can start the quest Become a Card Duelist to get a Take Me There to begin the quest series (you'll find the Become a Card Duelist quest in your Activity Finder in the Game Guide).
    If you are a member, you'll receive a free booster pack each month starting with your first visit to the TCG. You will also be able to trade with other players to get TCG boosters.
    There is a code in the Codes section of the website that gives a free booster pack.

It is a tutorial, after all, so it will not tell you every single detail of the game. Those cards are the scored cards for that column for you. This is really only important for the ability/effect of certain cards.
    If you are curious about any detail of TCG, don't hesitate to ask. There are plenty of experienced TCG players around here that are more than willing to help.

As vague as this sounds, you can spend SC without spending real money. There are occasionally sales for SC card codes in this forum in the Free Market forum (requires Explorer status - 10 posts - to post in). You can purchase these codes from members here with in-game coins, although it is not an extremely safe method of purchase since scamming is very easy.

Edit: And then there's the daily wheel that Holton mentioned below. Good luck getting good cards or even a booster pack from it.
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 06-22-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

Oh, and don't forget the Daily Wheel! Land on the card (or bag occasionally) to get extra cards.

Iam Whoiam is offline Newbie Explorer

I have just started playing free realms - only about 3 days now - but I have already realized free realms is not free - it should be called "buy a winning game" realms

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

yes....i wish there was a reward for winning those single player games...i would have been RICH lol and yes...agree with RP, and Holt.

Keith Lifemetal is offline Amateur Gamer

no. 'friad theres not, sorry.
    If you are an Insider, I would love to be your friend. All you have to do is sent me a request. I am usually on server 1 so just send me a request and I would be happy to accept!!!

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

The tournaments and quests can help you refine your deck (They give some great cards there) and like what Holt said, the daily wheel (though those are only Common cards).

It would have been nice to get a small reward from winning single-player matches. Kai is like my personal TCG punching bag. lol
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Whoiam View Post
    I have just started playing free realms - only about 3 days now - but I have already realized free realms is not free - it should be called "buy a winning game" realms
    That's easy to say.
    The TCG is an easy game to learn but a hard one to master. You can "buy" a great deck, but you can not "buy a winning game." A great deck does not always equal a great player. I won my first tournament with a starter deck, slightly modified with a couple of cards from the Duelist Quest. If I can do it, so can you.

If you are looking for a free game; I would suggest Solitaire.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>