Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    soulfirepoet is offline Newbie Explorer

Icon8 Newbie with a million questions

I started playing a couple of days ago and immediately got hooked! I signed up for a lifetime membership, redeemed the booster pack code and bought 1 regular booster pack and 1 shattered past booster pack. I am using a nature deck now, with 50 cards, flip rate of 2.8. I am a card duelist of lvl 20 but stuck at Garrison where he has 1 card and 1 resource to start. I have a lot to learn and I have some questions I was hoping some experienced players could help me with.

What is a good wealth of information/resource (aside from the articles and stickies at the top) any good websites, etc?

Is 50 cards too many? I have an avg flip of 2.8 and:

6 lvl 1 creatures
    3 lvl 2 creatures
    3 lvl 3 creatures
    3 lvl 4 creatures
    12 heroes
    2 1 star tricks
    5 2 star tricks
    3 3 star tricks
    1 4 star trick
    10 resources

If 50 cards is too many what should go?

Where is a good place to go to play people? So far I've noticed the casual area is pretty slow and the tournament is only once in a while?

What should I buy to supplement my cards? I can probably get about 1000SC, considering what I've bought (1 reg booster, 1 shattered past booster), what should be my next purchase?

This may sound like a really stupid question but I am not sure why I can't type text in when I'm playing it only has the pre-made options, I tried to check settings on the Free Realms website but I didn't see anything to fix this.

I guess that's a good start, and thank you ahead of time for your help

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Newbie with a million questions

Well this is not a stupid question and i would be happy to help!
    you may want to try the TCG tutorial to figure out the basics although it sounds like you already know.
    And actually you could not have chosen a better place to seek infomation we have some of the best players here,(not metioning any names Anurag lol),that can help you learn how to make a good deck.

Well first off your deck sounds pretty good! and the average flip is just about right as well.

The only problem i can really see is the amount of hero's it has i would try to put only 3 hero's or maybe 6 depending and what type of deck it is.
    Also where you have stated your tricks i dont understand do you mean gems or stars if gems then your deck should try to have more 4 gem cards as this can improve you flip.
    Also your deck should have 40-45 cards minimem although this may be opinion but thats how i like my decks!

I know the casual and tourneys can be hard and sluggish but the best way to practice is with a friend who knows how to play TCG.
    If you wish to buy more cards then i suggest buying real life packs from your locak TOPPS store although Topps stores are only available in some countries.but they are worth it since they may provide you with EXCLUSIVES which are powerfull cards only available through real life packs.

When you play looke for a small chat box in the bottem left corner then click and type what you wish ,sometimes your text may not so because of lag or because of the filter.

Hope this helps!!!!

It's a nature deck, I removed some of the heroes and changed a couple other small things and the average flip went down a little to 2.6 but I think that's still ok.

I played the tutorial so I have the basics down ok (I think)

Hmm topps store not sure where that is.. yeah I thought about buying physical packs but I have no idea where they sell them and if the local stores even have them.

I figured out the chat box though I don't see it when playing someone else.

I don't have any friends to play. Guess I need to make some

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Oh ok thats good!
    well you may want to add 4 gem cards and remove some 2 or 3 gem cards to make your average flip higher.

Also you should be able to see the chat box otherwise i dont know what the problem is.

TCG is a great place to make friends so it should not be too hard hopefully also you may want to ask the top players for advice such as.........
    Anurag Kulkarni,Holtan Coalfields,Archer Cherabgrin,Rux Wolfheart,Drake Moonshield and Kensho and theres alot more lol!

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by soulfirepoet View Post

I figured out the chat box though I don't see it when playing someone else.
    You just need to press 'enter' in game and a chat box will appear, type, then press 'enter' again to post it.

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

lol, I keep my deck at 40 cards,so I can get the cards i need much quicker.

Thats a lot of questions haha. Zac did a good job of answering them. I can try to help too. Your first question.. another good place too look for information and tips and such is the free realms section on Zam.com. Here is the link: http://fr.zam.com/. They have tons of info on everything to do with free realms.
    And no I personally don't think 50 cards in a deck is too much but some more advanced tcg players might differ with their opinion on that. I believe I have... 240 in mine . Its not just a nature deck or anything though. Just all-around kinda haha. You could try playing friends in game instead of waiting in the tcg lobby or waiting for tournaments to come. And you could also try making your deck better by looking for packs of cards and trying to find exclusives. I know Walmart carries the tcg cards and I'm pretty sure Target stores do also. Some gas stations may if they carry the SC cards too. And for your chat, like Zac said, sometimes it can be prevented from showing because of a lag. Also, for some types of accounts there used to be what some of us called Canned Chat I think. It was where you couldn't use the regular chat due to specifics or something you filled out when you made the fr account; there was only pre-made sayings. I dont know if the chat is still like that or not though. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Brad Sharpsword; 08-04-2010 at 09:57 PM.

LOL thanks for all of the replies I figured out the chat thing LOL I feel pretty dumb

I actually have seen a couple of those experts you mentioned, I actually played Kensho and requested for him to be my friend but he declined me having a hard time finding friends

I ordered some cards online so just waiting for them to get here

wildsjkt is offline Amateur Gamer

i beat garrison with starter machine deck and my card duelist level is twelves wise one will always win
    God is my hero!

Also if your selling Staion Cash cards please tell me if your selling

I finally got Garrison now I'm back to Poe lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast