Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Nate is offline Master Gamer

Default Need help making an unbeatable TCG deck

I've been fond of TCG since I came but gave up every time on it. Why, you may ask. Well the answer is simple, my deck wasn't good at all so I never won one game. So I am asking for assistance from the best TCG player in all of FRI. Just tell me a deck that will ALWAYS win. Just name the cards and I'll be able to get those cards. Thanks.

BUMP! Anyone? Just asking anyone that can give me a deck that can not get better. (and by not get better I mean it's already the best)
    Last edited by Nate; 06-29-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10Fingerz is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Need help making an unbeatable TCG deck

Dorian Silvervale & Baron Von Boomer

Her Majesty's Secret Service

BUMP! And Dorian I meant to give me the card names and how much each to put in my deck.

I gave an example of a VERY nice deck in my post, did you read it?

And there are several requests for "winning" decks, but sadly very few people post them since they want to keep it secret because, after all, they want to win the tourneys...

So good luck, I hope you get more, but i seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fingerz View Post
    I gave an example of a VERY nice deck in my post, did you read it?

And there are several requests for "winning" decks, but sadly very few people post them since they want to keep it secret because, after all, they want to win the tourneys...

So good luck, I hope you get more, but i seriously doubt it.
    I read it but I don't have those cards

Dont mean to beat a dead horse, but you did say "Just name the cards and I'll be able to get those cards."

Anyways, its not the BEST deck, but it wins around four out of five... which is not too shabby.

Anyways, look through this forum, I havent seen more than a half dozen decks listed.

I would like to think more people would post them, but they dont.

I'll post my daughters Chug-a-wug deck as soon as i find the piece of paper its written on.

Oh, and if you want an "unbeatable" deck, there is no such thing.

I typically stay in the top ten in the "Top Duelists" and I've seen the best of the best lose to starter decks!

No deck is unbeatable.

I'm not on the list currently since the are repeating the rewards, and I already have three of each foil / cards. Also, I dont have a lot of badges, because I dont need them, I'll land top 8 and always let someone else take the badge, the two extra i have were really kind of a mistake, i was going for the foil, and no-one was able to catch me...

Anyways,

If you REALLY REALLY want to contend with these Top Duelists, prepare yourself to spend some cash.

Return to Sender and Extend Claws go anywhere from 2000-3000 SC (and I've actually seen them for more), Giant Toads around 1200-1600 SC (or three or four booster packs), and most 6-point rares are going to cost you a booster (around 400 SC).

My advise to you is find a sphere you like, and keep messing around until it is YOU that discovers the deck you like best!!!!!!

But really, you should be happy with getting three of each promo card, and be able to hold your own during those FRI Tournaments!

Last edited by 10Fingerz; 06-30-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Sorry Nate but, you are asking for something that does not exist. I am currently (as of today) #3 on the "Top Duelist" list. I won 20 of 22 games in my last tournament win and, one of those losses was to a starter deck. By the same token; My first tournament win was with a starter deck. There is an element of luck in any card game and, the best decks around can lose to a starter with a good draw.

As you know; There are four spheres in FR TCG. They are all fairly well balanced so; The best Order deck can be vulnerable to the best Nature deck which can be vulnerable to the best Order deck, etc., etc., etc. Each sphere has it's strengths and weaknesses so, pick the shere hat best suits your character (style of play) and build from there.

10Fingerz is pretty good at this game, In fact; He's better at it than I am. The advice he gave you in the posts preceding this one are about as good as you are going to get. Just remember that a deck of cards that support one another and work well together will usually trump a deck full of great cards.

Best of luck
    Layla
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Ralsar Blake is offline Explorer

You really have to play a lot of games to excel at the TCG. It wasn't until I had played well over a hundred games before I really started to excel. Every loss should teach you more.

A big part of the game is decision making and gaining an understanding of all the various deck builds out there. You should know what your opponent is going to play on their turn.

Lets take me for example. I go first. With my opening hand, if I draw them, I am going to play a Changeling Sentry or a Changeling Cook. Why? The Sentry is an obvious defensive play but why would I play the Cook? Why did I put a Cook in my deck over all the other nature one-pointers?

Second turn I'm probably going to play my Spider that stuns (can't remember the name). This should tell you that I am probably playing a stun/animal deck. What does that mean for turn 3 and 4? Especially what is your focus on turn 3?

Turn 3 I am dropping a wolf, another animal....

You should know what is going to happen if you don't deal with it before my next turn. Everyone hates me for it, but I love it! RIBBIT!

It is stuff like the above that will let you move to the next level. You need to spend time understanding the spheres. We don't have a large amount of cards to work with so there isn't a ton of variety.