Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

SoccerBoy is offline Amateur Gamer

Icon4 Nature Deck Problem

Hey everyone, I am currently trying to make a nature deck, but it's not working out to well. I am not a very good deck builder... If anyone could give me some advice or tips or anything about building I good nature deck... Please let me know! I have been trying to make one for awhile. I hope I could get some really useful information about nature deck building from many other TCG players. Thanks!

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Nature Deck Problem

What do you want your Nature deck to do?

- Score
    - Stun
    - Anti-Stun?

Lollipop is offline Master Gamer

I build a lot of decks, but I am not sure how helpful I'd be. I just grab all my Nature cards and throw them into one deck. It's pretty powerful, but my Order one is the best. The defense is really good. So, I'd recommend building an Order deck if you could, but you need to have patience sometimes when playing with those. Nature can do both attack and defense and that's what I like about it. If you are a member, you get packs every month with cards in it that you can add to your deck to make it stronger. If there are certain cards that you want to appear more often in your deck, you should add more than one copy of that card into your deck. All of my decks have a bunch of heroes in them, but if you want to add heroes, you should probably pick ones that have something to do with Nature. Like Maple Sugarleaf for example. I am pretty sure she has something to do with Nature. My best advice would be to play around with it. If you're going to enter tournaments with your deck, I'd test it out on players that aren't in the tournament before I go to the tournament. If there is something you don't like about it, you can always go back and change it. I change my decks all the time. Basically, you want cards of the same group to be in the same deck. I tried making a deck of all the powerful cards from every group (Nature, Order, Chaos, and Machine). Didn't work that well. So now, I am sticking to just one group and I mostly use the Nature or Order decks. But I think you made a smart choice in choosing the Nature deck. I don't think it really matters which cards you have in there, it matters if you know how to use them and what they do. If I were you, I'd throw all my Nature cards into a deck and play around with it, but don't feel like you have to do this. Hope this was helpful. If not, that doesn't surprise me since I am not the best at explaining things.

"There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for." -Samwise Gamgee

Ahliadre is offline Master Gamer

Hi SoccerBoy (:
    There is lots of wonderful, helpful information about decks here in the TCG forum. I have had so much fun reading through everything, though it takes a little time (lol).

Below in yellow is some super info on general deck building posted in the "winning decks" sticky by 10Fingerz.
    Have fun! Ahli

=====originally posted by 10Fingerz

For a 40 card deck you GENERALLY want;

18 Creatures
    12 Tricks
    10 Resources

For creatures you want;

6 x 1-point
    4 x 2-point
    3 x 3-point
    3 x 4-point
    2 x 5-point

Or if you want to use 6-point creatures, same idea;

6 x 1-point
    4 x 2-point
    2 x 3-point
    2 x 4-point
    2 x 5-point
    2 x 6-point

Make sense? make it so you have less of a chance to draw the larger creatures than the lower cost creature...

Same thing for Tricks, stagger them so you have a better chance of drawing low point tricks early, and high point tricks later;

4 x 1-Point
    3 x 2-Point
    3 x 3-Point
    2 x 4-Point

These are just general rules of thumb, of course, but if you want proof, look at the starter decks...

Anyways, thats the best advise I can give. There are all sorts of really cool combos, and you just have to learn from losing to these well designed decks.

But all winning decks have a couple of things in common;

DRAWING CARDS - its like rolling doubles in Monopoly, try to get in as many low point draw card cards as possible for your design

A DECENT FLIP - I'll be honest, I cant design a chaos deck for the life of me, but there isn't a Chaos deck out there without a decent flip that I cant beat blind-folded. When gem count is bad the deck is bad.

LOW CARD COUNTS - A well designed 40 card deck is always more effective than the best designed 60 card deck. Simple fact.

In closing, what I did was take a starter deck (they really are very solid decks) and simply replaced cards until I found something that worked for me. When I added a cost three creature, I removed a cost three creature. When I added a trick that cost two, I removed a cost two. Keep the basic deck design, and test your decks.
    =====
    IGN: Ahliadre

Alright thank you so much for all the advice and tips you all gave me!! I really appreciate it! I think I have a much better understanding on how to build a better TCG deck. ^_^

Oh to fllow up on what Aang was asking, I kinda like scoring... but stun deck is also a plus! XD

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Maybe try a basic plant hunt-stun deck. In my Nature Hunt/Stun decks, Clancy Blackheart is one of the cards that is an absolute must, since he readies a creature for 1 star. Clever Kick is also great because it's 4 gems and it stuns 2 opponent's creatures.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever