Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Title: May we please have our forum back?

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Default May we please have our forum back?

When FR allowed the TCG to decline for such a long period of time, interest in this aspect of the game declined as well. It seems now that a large number of you have little interest in the TCG beyond VR's and tournament rewards. I guess part of that arises from the fact that the TCG has it's own trade lobby. However, this does not mean that this forum need be nothing more than another market forum. Of the 18 threads on tis page (at the time of my posting) only 4 of them are about game play. All of the others are about trades and items. I can understand the threads about the TCG trade lobby itself, and those that seek information about which VR's belong to which sets, but all the trade threads need to find a new home. To be blunt...

If you are selling an item......
    You are in the wrong forum. Please post to the Marketplace instead.

If you are buying an item......

If you wish to trade items......

If you are trying to determine the value of an item......
    You are in the wrong forum. Please post to the Price Check sub forum in the Marketplace.

If you have questions about the TCG trade lobby itself, or questions about VR's or card series.....
    Congratulations. You ARE posting in the correct forum.

Although I prefer to talk about the game itself, I have never minded discussing VR's and the TCG trade lobby when those questions have arisen. What I DO mind is having to wade through a page worth of buy/sell/trade threads to get to an actual TCG thread. I have nothing against those that enjoy trading and collecting, but their is a place for that, and this is not that place. I do not go to the Marketplace to discuss the TCG, and would ask that you not come to the TCG to advertise your trades.
    That said......

May we please have our forum back?
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Yoshinator is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: May we please have our forum back?

Mhm tho I don't understand this thread I will support it Layla you should be a mod on here! Your vocabulary and just sense are perfect as a gold watch! Kade and them should really make you a mod!

1st Generation Free Realmer
    3rd Generation Insider

Knight is offline Amateur Gamer

PREACH .......
    "The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained."
    - (not sure saw it in a picture)

Tiffany Darkhoop is offline Amateur Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    PREACH .......
    If you don't like it then don't read it o.o?
    I love you Toxicccc Candys (As a really good friend) and I know that you quit, but you will always be in my heart <3

cathearder is offline Pro Gamer

I suppose it is time to just start reporting this type of thread to the mods so they can be moved to the Market area where they belong.
    Someone just listed another one, lol
    Layla Littlenymph likes this.
    IGN: Cathearder Phil Lightguide -Mystic Mayhem

hahafunny is offline Explorer

whats wrong with it?

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Layla: I do agree with you.

Yoshi: I concur that Layla will make a great site moderator.

Knight: "Preach?" Even Jesus administered whipping to the traders and money-changers in the temple (John 2:14-16) to beat away their evil deeds. Nobody should desecrate the temple of the TCG forum (:

Cat: When I joined this site in March 2010, I have observed that the Mods then were active, automatically moving posts to the appropriate forums, where the threads/posts were supposed to belong to; the FRI site was on cruise-control. Nowadays, people have to "report" posts, to bring them to the attention of the Mods. If you look at the Staff list at the bottom of the Forum Main Page, "View Site Leaders;" you see a lot of Mods listed. I heard from Celestina that most of the Mods are inactive, except Ashley; occasionally FireHawk; and seldom Kade, if there is a network problem, lol.

Hahafunny: "What's wrong with it?"... IMHO, it is just plain wrong, ha-ha funny, lol. Joking aside, people don't want clutter, plus we must try to abide by the forum rules.

Most of the offenders were "Newbie Explorers," who would like to trade items. With less than 10 posts, they couldn't post in The Free Market. Impatiently, they decided to make a bee-line to the TCG Forum, without bothering to read its description, "Are you a fan of the Free Realms Trading Card Game? Come in and share your TCG decks and strategies!". It is not really difficult to make 10 posts. When I was a "Newbie Explorer," I remembered going to the "Our Member's Creations" Forum and posted the following phrase, "Great Job" x 5. Then, I went to the "Hi, I'm Joe & I LOVE Free Realms!!" Forum, and posted the following greeting, "Hello! Welcome to the FRI Site!" x 5. Voila! I had 10 posts, lol. Then, I was able to post at The Free Market.

May we please have our forum back? Leggo my eggo! Lol.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Thanks for the love guys. *feels warm and fuzzy* I guess this fell on deaf ears since I had to bump this thread above market oriented threads, posted after I made this appeal. As for being a moderator, I am flattered you would think so. I do moderate at another FR fan site but, for reasons best left unsaid, doubt seriously I would ever be invited to do so for FRI. No hard feelings. I still support FRI and, enjoy sharing opinions and insights with my friends here. That said......

@ Yoshinator: Don't feel bad. A lot of people don't understand my threads. I have a hard time expressing myself because I find it difficult to type in a straight jacket but, the Administrator insists I wear it for the protection of my fellow inmates... errr... guests.

@ Knight: HERETIC!

@ Tiffany: Thanks for getting my back. Knight is actually a friend of mine. That's just how he says I love you. That's also how he says I talk to much and my posts are too long but, deep down, I know he loves me.

@ Cathearder: Good point. I have reported (and will continue to report) off topic threads but, so far only a handful have had any action taken. Still, it's a good suggestion to take an active part in helping these forums stay spam free.

@ Hahafunny: Seriously? Or are you trying to be funny? *small joke* It's a matter of respect for the rules and guidelines of the forum, consideration for your fellow members, with a little common courtesy thrown in. When people abide by the rules and respect one another this is a great forum. When they do not, it is less so. That my friend is "what's wrong with it."

@ Brett: Nice post. You made a point at the end there that I failed to consider. The posting requirement is another one of those "rules" that many people do not understand but, serve a valuable purpose. I would advise against trading with anyone that does not make a habit of posting to the forums so we can get to kno them a little better. As you pointed out, meeting the posting requirements is not that hard to do. Those that come here to trade only remind me of those players that spend all their game time yelling trades into the chat box. I so do NOT get those guys and, I will so NOT trade with one of them. Trades are supposed to be a small part of the overall of the game, not the main focus.

So how about it guys? Can we please have our forum back?
    Please use the report feature to put an end to off topic threads.
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 04-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    cheetaramon likes this.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

cheetaramon is offline Amateur Gamer

I agree whole heartedly with what Cat Brett and Layla have said
    IG: Kaya Kittyfeathers, Selina Starkat (FR); Solara Starfeline (CWA)
    Forums: Panthera (FR);

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post

@ Brett: ... I would advise against trading with anyone that does not make a habit of posting to the forums so we can get to kno them a little better...
    This advice might be difficult to impose in The Free Market. If somebody has posted a "great deal" or "rare item" trade, regardless if that poster is a newb or a veteran poster; peeps will jump into that trade like a "piranha" frenzy, lol.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast