Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title: Free Wins?

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Default Free Wins?

Hi guys i just want to talk about a subject in TCG whcih is happening more and more often.........
    ''THE GIVE ME A FREE WIN!''
    Honestly today i was playing and a top player who's won 6 touneys and when i ended up playing him he asked me to quit the game so he could get ahead!
    me being quite stubburn said ''nah youu can work for the good things cause im not going to give you a free win!''
    nwayz he won in the end but it felt good not to give in and say ''ok take the win''.
    Its so frustrating when ''TOP'' players ask for free wins somtimes i think thats they win and make it to the top!
    In my whole time playing Freerealms and with my bad record i have never ever asked a player for a free win!
    even when i know that i may have a very good chance of winning a tourney i still dont do that,I dont really get angry or unnoyyed when a newbie asks me for a free win but instead feel sorry for them BUT when a very good player asks me thats when the sparks start flying lol!

I just want to hear your guys opinions on this matter!

Karennn is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Free Wins?

Yep I have been through it too. There was this guy called Tony-something. He said that if I let him win (he won 5 games in a row but he was on the 7th rank) he would give me rare elite, and sports shades and all those. I can't be bought so obviously I kept duelling him til I was 7 and he was 2. He went "Answer me!" Lol. And after I striked for my 8th hunt it said "VICTORY" Mwahaha! I had won the game because he left annoyed and un happy because he didnt get the 1st rank that day.

I think that if we were to say yes to these people who asks for free wins, every one on tourneys would start doing it. Its best to not let them get what they want.

Exactly!
    You did the right thing there i mean rare elite for 1 win i think he was having you on!
    And its true we will make bad examples to other players and they may start asking for free wins as well!

Ralsar Blake is offline Explorer

I find it annoying as well. I'm there to compete. All the begging is annoying. Wins should be earned, not given.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Good for you. I'm glad to see players willing to compete for their badges.

I am ashamed to admit that I have given out about four free wins in the four months I have been playing, but it is a practice that I promise I will stop doing right now. Reading your thread made me understand that giving out free wins to others is unfair to players like you that try to win according to the rules. I guess I felt sorry for them because I remember how tough tournaments can be to a new player with little more than a starter deck.

By the same token; I wish more veteran players would show some generosity. I have given up a couple of badges because the player nipping at my heels was a newer player without a tournament win. I did not give them the win, but I quit playing long enough for them to earn their way past me. What's the point of winning a tournament if you don't actually win it by playing. If you are not going to compete, why bother to play at all? I guess winning is more important to some people than playing. I often will not play an entire tournament if I have won all the prizes already. I will play a few games to get the coins, and then fade back so others can have a shot at the prizes. It bothers me a little to see some players play for the sake of stacking up badges. It bothers me almost as much as the begging.

It shocks me a little to hear a player with badges was begging a win. I have never had that happen to me before. I can see why that would bother you, but you did the right thing. Thanks for posting this thread. I hope beggars and givers alike will read this and learn something from it.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Bryan3Tears is offline Master Gamer

People will always ask for "Free Wins".

Even the Veterans that play TCG everyday....
    My Youtube My Xfire
    My Second Youtube channel
    Status: Quit FR and FRI, Will occasionally check notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Layla Littlenymph View Post
    Good for you. I'm glad to see players willing to compete for their badges.

I am ashamed to admit that I have given out about four free wins in the four months I have been playing, but it is a practice that I promise I will stop doing right now. Reading your thread made me understand that giving out free wins to others is unfair to players like you that try to win according to the rules. I guess I felt sorry for them because I remember how tough tournaments can be to a new player with little more than a starter deck.

By the same token; I wish more veteran players would show some generosity. I have given up a couple of badges because the player nipping at my heels was a newer player without a tournament win. I did not give them the win, but I quit playing long enough for them to earn their way past me. What's the point of winning a tournament if you don't actually win it by playing. If you are not going to compete, why bother to play at all? I guess winning is more important to some people than playing. I often will not play an entire tournament if I have won all the prizes already. I will play a few games to get the coins, and then fade back so others can have a shot at the prizes. It bothers me a little to see some players play for the sake of stacking up badges. It bothers me almost as much as the begging.

It shocks me a little to hear a player with badges was begging a win. I have never had that happen to me before. I can see why that would bother you, but you did the right thing. Thanks for posting this thread. I hope beggars and givers alike will read this and learn something from it.
    Np Layla i just want everybody to know thats its not just the newbies who are the bad guys here,even the most respected TCG player can be the culprit sometimes.
    And like Ralser said ''WINS SHOULD BE EARNED NOT GIVEN'' he is right and i know players want to win tourneys and thats np for me its just the way they win them!
    And i don't think you should be ashmed that you gave free wins thats a very kind thing to do,but you might want to stop as it may spoil the the outcome of the tourney and would really make players who have worked very hard to get to the top quite angry!

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zac321 View Post
    ... but you might want to stop as it may spoil the the outcome of the tourney and would really make players who have worked very hard to get to the top quite angry!

Here, here, Mark. I've gone on record before how I feel about free wins. Maybe you want to help somebody, but by giving a free win you are just ruining someone else's chances. Why can't we just play the game as it was meant to be played..?

Zachster96 is offline Master Gamer

I'll admit I've done it a few times when I only needed 1 win to get the Case.
    Of course they didnt so I didnt get it so I ended up in 2nd.... I still dont have that case.....
    Zach Aurahero
    <Insiders>
    [My Twitter account]

spazking55 is offline Pro Gamer

Nobody should give out free wins or ask for free wins.It ruins the tournament for other players! A guy good get all the way to 1st place with free wins and the 2nd place person could have acually won the games and deserves 1st.But there is nothing that we can do to stop these people besides not having anything to do with free wins.
    The Magic It Calls To Me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast