Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Default EXCLUSIVES.........CHEATING!

ARGHHHH.....
    i hate EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    man they suck,i mean come on i know i dont have any but still i find them so frustrating i mean whenever im in the lead......whoosh out comes the exclusives and ruins my plan!
    i mean i was playing a match against 1 of the ''top notch players''
    and for once i was WINNING!
    i was about a 8 point lead ahead when suddenly after using my pit crew member and turbo charged he uses ''RETURN TO SENDER''!
    and then he gets a lead and starts to catch up using yet another ''RETURN TO SENDER''!
    and destroys all my cards,just before i make a comeback a sign comes up saying ''ERROR YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVOR''
    i was just about to.......
    CRY!

please leave your opinions and thoughts on this.

P.S. im also seeing a increase in the top players using exclusives such as
    return to sender and extend claws.
    this gives a really small and proberly none at all percentage to lose for players who are not that experienced,also these players are mostly players who have won a tourney already more then once.
    come on guys support me!

Holton is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: EXCLUSIVES.........CHEATING!

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd call it cheating, but I feel your pain it does get frustrating when you get whacked with three Extend Claws/Return to Senders in a row.

But that's the game I guess. Part of the fun is getting hold of those exclusives and trying to build an unbeatable deck. I know I'd use them, if I could get hold of them.

There are non-exclusive cards that can be as devastating and tactics to minimize their damage, for example, using destroy cards from Order, free-score cards from Machine or the stun/hunt/extra-score move for Nature.

The only thing that really gets my goat is when players moan about me using Sam Potts and then use Extend Claws/Return to Sender several times in a row, an equally cheap shot, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Holton; 06-02-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

There are ways to counter Extends Claws, but no ways to counter Return to Sender unfortunately other than attacking using Briarwood Standoff or an instakill card. However, Return to Sender does often give you your creature back the following turn (assuming no battles ensue before then). If you are up against an opponent who uses Return to Sender, try to attack his heroes first, because Return to Sender can only be used with order creatures, not heroes.

Now Extends Claws can be particularly frustrating in combination with a Changeling Mage who keeps retrieving the trick or with Mushroom Giant Boss for an easy three cards scored by one creature.

Now there is a limitation to these particular exclusives, that being they can only be used with 5 or more stars present, which generally means if you can build a good deck to win by turn 4, you shouldn't have a problem with them. I wouldn't always promise this, as there are combinations whereby they could be used sooner (generally involving Thorns or Vine Wolf Golem who cause there to be extra stars in a battle), however, that is what I would recommend.

Against an order deck, this means finding ways to attack what are generally quite defensive creatures rather than having defensive standoffs where nobody attacks. That's my 2 cents.

cam3r0n is offline Explorer

i think that using exculsives is fine in tourements. but not in NPC battles because in the Wild Card Showdown battle against Maple Sugerleaf is a pain. because the exclusives she has are Stolen Away, Staight Shot, Crafty Man Eating Plant and she manages to beat me before i can play my heros
    IGN: Cameron Thunderchaser

i love the snow i've spend most of this month off school

JadelaMei7 is offline Explorer

Icon9 Re: EXCLUSIVES.........CHEATING!

Wow, all the above information is some good card strategy advice. I have been trying to learn how to play the card game but I am only somewhat good at it. I understand the pain of loosing when you get disconnected from the server because that is a bad feeling, especially when you are the one that is about to win in a second. When you get disconnected from the server, you surrender your game to the other opponent even if you were in the lead. I do not have a problem losing against someone who knows how to play the game better or have better cards than I do but I do have a problem with certain players who delay the game before the tournament ends. I know there are some players who need time to think like me or are new to the game but there are a few players who like to stall so they can not lose their position in the tournament. Well, thats all I have to say for now. Thanks to all those who shared some valuable card tips, I will consider them and I might use them.
    Jadela

ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Well, I don't think they're cheating but they are super tough to avoid or counter. Many of them do feel like cheap shots though (Yeah, I'm looking at you Claws and Return...)
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

yeah well i think holton is right....
    its not cheating but i get really peed off when they keep on using them,
    i mean if i had exclusives i would use them indeed.
    the only problem is that i cant get exclusives where i am which is in the UK.
    i mean the really really unnoying part is they know you are gonna lose yet they still use Extend Claws and really rub it in my face.

i do respect all the top players like Archer,Arielle and the rest even if they still use exclusives i dont hold a grude against the player,but against the card lol!
    i would very much like it if maybe players did not use that many exclusives.

and i know there are cards to counter these effects bu it depends on which sphere you use,i mainly use machine all the time and somtimes those cards that can stop the effect of Extend Claws and others may not fit in my stratagy.

Undead Father is offline Master Gamer

Extend Claws is easy to avoid with "Can't be destroyed" cards. Return to Sender is unavoidable.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Technically, machine has exclusive cards too, the most useful of which is Breakthrough, but people don't complain as much about that one, even though scoring an extra card or two here and there can win you the game. The chaos exclusives tend to be less useful, except for the one that stuns an opponent creature and readies your creature, which works well with Banshee Boss, but still doesn't get a lot of use.

I use Return to Sender sparingly (I have one currently), however I normally don't play order. I do have certain decks that use Extends Claws. These are decks where I prefer to attack if possible, but when people keep attacking me with attacks that I have no chance of defending against even with Hat Trick, then I will pull out the claws. My favorite use of claws is on turn 6 or after in combination with Mushroom Giant Boss for a generally impossible to avoid 3 cards scored just with that creature alone.

I try to find uses for even unpopular exclusives in some of my decks, such as Golem Rampage. But I have yet to make a deck where Chaz (the exclusive hero) would be helpful.

lkluce is offline Amateur Gamer

Just Dont Get me started on You have been disconected from the server -.-'' Happens every turneyment :I
    Lkl
    He he -killed chatty- O_o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast