Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Dwarf Deck

Ralsar Blake is offline Explorer

Default Dwarf Deck

Nothing new here really, but this is the deck I've been playing a lot lately. It is a standard dwarf deck, but Dorian posted his tournament winning nature deck, so here is my tournament winning dwarf deck.

3x Dwarven Digger
    3x Dwarven Salvager
    2x Pyrotechnician
    3x Weed Wacker
    3x Crystal Mine Foreman
    2x Esther the Brains
    2x Demo Driver
    2x Fall Back
    2x Spring Forward
    3x Duck
    3x Screw Loose
    3x Turbo Charged
    3x Discovery
    3x Long Shot
    3x Alive Again

Average Flip: 2.8

Turn 1 - If you go first you are hoping to play Dwarven Digger for obvious reasons. If you go second then pop out the Salvager, if you have it, to take out whatever creature they played.

Turn 2 - Digger, Salvager, Pyrotechnician as needed. Try to keep their side of the field cleared with the Salvagers and Pyros if you can. Hopefully you have a Duck on hand for when they try to attack you.

Turn 3 - Now the magic starts. Ideally you'll have a Weed Wacker and a Screw Loose. If your opponent has a slot with a couple scored cards then these two cards will give you a quick double score. You can use it on a Pyro as well. And if you are on defense I'll often have luck using it on a Digger.

Turn 4 - Crystal Mine Foreman + Turbo Charged makes for a good double score or single score if you are on the defense

Turn 5 - Esther helps any creature on the field with her double flip capabilities

Turn 6 - Make sure you get Demo Driver out with a Turbo Charged or Esther in play (or Screw Loose if you are feeling lucky). You'll get a triple score quite often this way. Though if you don't have a Demo Driver available (there are only 2 in the deck) just keep Weed Wackers and Foreman working.

General Advice

- Screw Loose is a reckless and dangerous card if you aren't careful. Do the math, make sure it is a battle you will win 95% of the time outside of a disastrous flip. Don't give your opponent a free score. And don't whine when it doesn't work. Suck it up and move on.

- Keep your Weed Wackers on the field with Alive Again as much as possible. Given the choice I always bring Weed Wackers back in the mid to late game. Make your opponent regret every score they make.

- Use your Long Shots. Don't worry about getting a little behind in score, you can fix that with Long Shots. If you have a choice between hunting for 1 point or Long Shotting to destroy 2 scored cards of your opponent, go for the Long Shot. It sucks losing a game with unused Long Shots on the table.

- Don't use your Long Shots! If you have a column you are about to Weed Wack and you do a Long Shot on that column first you'll feel like the biggest idiot in the world. I do it to myself all the time, drives me nuts!

- Don't waste your coins. Use Discovery whenever you can to toss out unneeded cards and replace them with new ones. Use the card draw ability of your Foreman when you have extra coins as well.

- Only 18 creatures?! I know, generally I run with more, but Discovery takes care of any creature problems easy enough. Plus Pyro and Foreman can draw extra cards. I hardly ever have a problem and if I do my extra scoring ability and Long Shots can fix any slow start I may have had.

Problems

- Stun decks can really mess you up sometimes since you have no way to recover from a stun.

- Those stupid Order decks that drop your defense and spend all their time killing everything with 3 or less defense can be devastating if you let any part of their combo get started.

- I rarely find myself actually using Esther. Nirvi might be a better choice for her card draw ability and the double red gem she has. Or Garrison Gold. Or just skip Heroes completely. They just don't have enough umph in turn 5 when I can be scoring extra with a Foreman or Weed Wacker
    Last edited by Ralsar Blake; 08-26-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: adding some stuff, fixed ******* which was filtered out as profanity

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Dwarf Deck

Good Deck!
    Although id probebly add a Mining master or 2 to draw cards and plus it would work well with this deck!
    Also id replace pyro with pit crew member since its easier to work woth but thatts just my preference.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

As a victim of this deck; I will attest to the effectiveness of the Weed Wacker, Alive Again combo. I have a tendancy to spread my captures across slots. Cards like Weed Wacker can take advantage of that style of play. Ralsar made me quite aware of that the last time we played.

I'll get you for that my dearie,
    and your little dog too!
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Ralsar Blake is offline Explorer

My daughter will mess you up if you try to get my dog!

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

That's some serious muscle!

I'll lay off the dog, but the next time we meet; I shall feed your Weed Wacker to my Giant Toads!

Bwaa-haa-haa!!!
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Nate is offline Master Gamer

I'm going to give this deck a shot! It will be so fun finally having a good deck! Thank you very much Ralsar!

Jimienta is offline Pro Gamer

good deck!!!!!!!!!!!
    RYAN HIGAAA<333
    School = Sevin cra-ppy Hours of our lives, xD

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

nice deck ralsar, i would suggest adding drawf mining master instead, he draws cards and he will work well with the crystal mine foreman