Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Title: Did you keep the PHYSICAL cards?

IRLGuy is offline Explorer

Default Did you keep the PHYSICAL cards?

Hi Gang!
    New guy here. I've been researching TCGs that I could get to introduce my son to the style of game... and that I would enjoy playing with him. I'm looking for physical cards that we can play on the table together. He already gets too much screen time as it is. Looked at Pokemon... but then learned about FR TCG. It looks like a great game... but sadly it's not printed anymore.

Looks like there are plenty starter packs still available... but all the booster packs are long gone as they were likely pillaged for their virtual goodies.

So to all you virtual FR TCG'ers... what did you all do with your physical cards?

Looks like the starter packs have multiples of 14 different cards (chaos sphere)... so there's still over 170 different cards out there from the 1st printed physical series.

What are the odds of ever finding any of these for sale?

Cheers!

bla
    bla is offline Explorer

Default Re: Did you keep the PHYSICAL cards?

Just a heads up, don't buy ANY physical cards for you will be cheated.
    Instead do these steps:
    1. Make Free realms a window instead of full screen
    2. Go to the Free realms trading card game
    3. Go to the Free realms trading card game settings
    4. Turn on "Show cards I don't own"
    5. Go to the card collection
    6. Take a screenshot with all the cards
    7. Print them all out three times for each person playing
    8. Make your own deck and play!

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Close to none. You may be lucky enough to find someone selling their cards (without the goodies) but nobody can vouch for them, so it's a gamble.

Your best choice is to play online. Only the first pack was ever printed and now the TCG is on the 5th set, I think? So for maximum enjoyment, I suggest the online play ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bla View Post
    Just a heads up, don't buy ANY physical cards for you will be cheated.
    Instead do these steps:
    1. Make Free realms a window instead of full screen
    2. Go to the Free realms trading card game
    3. Go to the Free realms trading card game settings
    4. Turn on "Show cards I don't own"
    5. Go to the card collection
    6. Take a screenshot with all the cards
    7. Print them all out three times for each person playing
    8. Make your own deck and play!
    Interesting... very creative way to get around the no longer in print issue... print your own. That seems like a lot of time to screenshot, cut, paste... for lots of cards.

But would be a quick way to try the game and see if the kids like it.

Thanks for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by AangXD View Post
    Close to none. You may be lucky enough to find someone selling their cards (without the goodies) but nobody can vouch for them, so it's a gamble.

Your best choice is to play online. Only the first pack was ever printed and now the TCG is on the 5th set, I think? So for maximum enjoyment, I suggest the online play ^^
    So did you toss your cards or give them away? I'm just curious. I'll have to give the online game a try. Guess I'll have to create a FR account.

Can you get to the TCG separate from the VR world? Or do you have to log into the VR world to access the TCG?

Thanks!

You guys both mentioned not buying cards because it would a gamble or might get cheated? Are you referring to someone selling a card that has virtual items on it... and that the code might already have been used... and thus the card would be worthless virtually?

Or are you warning against someone saying they have physical cards to sell and then taking my money and running?

Curious... is this a common occurrence?

Thanks!

bla
    bla is offline Explorer

They will take your money and run. And if you actually get the cards, the code has been used.
    I would be glad to help you screenshot all the cards. Its way cheeper to print than buy.
    If you look for some in amazon and other places, they are above $100

Thanks for the warning. I can see how dealing in virtual stuff could be tricky.

I'd like to think buying physical cards... using real money (through PayPal)... and having the seller take pictures of the physical cards (nothing virtual)... would possibly be a tad less risky.

Quote Originally Posted by bla View Post
    I would be glad to help you screenshot all the cards. Its way cheeper to print than buy.
    If you look for some in amazon and other places, they are above $100
    Thank you for the offer. I wouldn't want you to go to any trouble... but if you already had them in a file somewhere... that would be sweet.

On that same note... I see folks post pictures of cards... like in this post:
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/forum/f145/tcg-ice-wolf-trainer-64514/

They included a 'Ice Wolf Trainer' card picture. Do the cards exist somewhere as separate files like that? Or has someone gone to the effort to screenshot and create all these card files?

Thanks!

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

I still have a ton of physical cards -- both actual playing cards and VRs. The odds of finding normal booster packs of old TCG cards are very slim, but you may be able to find a few starter packs. The reason why they're so scarce now is because the old normal booster packs had very high demand virtual rewards in them while the starter packs had a less wanted reward. I would offer to sell you the physical cards I still have if it weren't for the whole "I don't want anyone to know where I live" issue. That would be hard to avoid in this situation, hahaha.

I think the printing idea is a very creative one. I like it a lot. 8] Even though ink can be pretty pricy, it's a good way to get around overpriced packs due to scarce availability even with the starter packs. I think the scams that are being mentioned have to do with the virual rewards people sell for $200 on ebay. They will most likely take your money and run, but it would be much less likely if you're just trying to buy starter packs. Since you said you were new (I wasn't sure if you meant just Insiders or Free Realms itself), I'd be happy to help you out with getting pictures of cards to print. I have a very large library of virtual cards built up and I would be happy to take some pictures. 8]

If you decide against Free Realms TCG, Pokemon is always a good one to try out. I know you mentioned you were looking at it. 8] Yu-Gi-Oh is another one that I remember being pretty kid friendly. I would also recommend Magic: The Gathering, but I'm not sure how old your son is and that one can get pretty complicated.

Good luck and welcome to Insiders!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast