Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

kalimushroomwave is offline Newbie Explorer

Icon12 a couple of newbie questions

I just started playing free realms about a week ago and I have gotten addicted to the card game. I have only starter/quest cards and a single booster that I got for my membership. I have done pretty well in the tournaments and my record is something like 120 wins - 60 losses.

I have accumulated a whole lot of coins (about 60k) and honestly im not sure what to do with them.

Is it possible to trade coins for cards? Are players willing to do so?

I would be in much better shape even just to get my hands on some commons and uncommon cards for my deck. Anyone willing to give me some advice and help me with this?

Thanks,
    Kali Mushroomwave

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: a couple of newbie questions

You can trade coins for cards, yes, and some players are more than willing to do so. It is, however, unsafe. The card is given first, then the coins, or vice versa, since card and coin trading are two different things.
    There are other card players in this forum much better than me that can give many tips for you. Just wait a bit and they'll come rushing in.
    Right, so I was wrong about them rushing in.
    Last edited by RandomPlayer; 05-30-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Check the Free Market in the forum from time to time, but heed the warning from RP. That is the only place I am aware of where you can buy cards for coin.

If you have a record of 120 - 60 it sounds to me as if you are doing pretty well with that Starter deck.

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Just get the cards first, or break it up into pieces, a few cards, a bit of gold, a few more cards, a bit more gold, rinse repeat. I'm not sure what a fair price for commons or uncommons would be in gold though, with the game economy always changing - now you can harvest gold on a tree each day that you water or buy it with station cash.

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Wow it sounds like you are a great card player! Have you done all the TCG quests? You can get some great cards that way and if you have some extras you can set up trades in the TCG for other cards. I am leaning toward concentrating on one certain sphere so I have extra card in the other sphere that I am trading with. Good luck and heed the advice of those very intelligent people who have spoken before me. Be very careful who you are trading with. Good luck in your card playing.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Kadira Kindleriver View Post
    Have you done all the TCG quests?
    Oh my...How did I forget that. Good advice Kadira.
    I noticed you said you have only been here a week Kali. You said you had some quest cards, but I can't imagine you have done the entire quest in such a short time. If that's the case; Heres three good reasons to focus on the TCG quest line.

1. It's the quickest and least expensive way to add cards to your deck.
    2. It's the quickest way to add freestyle clothing to your collection.
    3. It's the quickest and easiest job to level up. If you are a non-paying member, it's one of the few jobs you can level all the way up.

You also made mention of your (impressive) tournament record. As you have no doubt discoverd; Thats another way to pick up free cards. New card prizes come out every Friday.

Want a free booster pack? Check out the Codes section of this site for free in game goodies. You will find a code there for one free booster pack which you can redeem in game.

Are you a paid member? If not you might want to consider it. One of your membership benefits is a free booster pack every month. The cost for monthly membership is only a little more than the cost of a booster pack.

I look forward to seeing you in the tournaments but please go easy on me. My record isn't as good as yours. I would not be doing that well at all were it not for the power of the Pink.

Good luck
    Layla
    Last edited by Layla Littlenymph; 05-31-2010 at 02:01 AM.