Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Chaz Armstrong deck

I have been undertaking lately to put together a successful Chaz Armstrong deck that uses at least 2 Chaz Armstrongs. Chaz Armstrong is the 5 attack / 5 defense exclusive hero who can attack without zapping for 2 coin. I have found that he is difficult to use successfully in a deck because he is about the strength of a cost 4 creature and to use his ability, you generally have to be on turn 7 or greater.

So I wanted to see if anybody could come up with a deck where Chaz actually shines. I actually have been able to come up with something where he shines at times, but unfortunately my deck as a whole doesn't do well, especially the first 4 turns.

Anyhow, here are my suggestions for starting the deck, and then you all can create from there:

• 2 Chaz Armstrong
    • 2 DoD Wizard Hero (Gain coins equal to creature cost whenever a creature is chased)
    • 1 Level DoD Hero (Allies hunt without zapping when played)
    • 2 Hold 'Em Down
    • 2 You Go First
    • 2 A Little Help
    • 2 Shuriken Toss
    • 3 Digging for Treasure or Discovery (depending on whether this is a nature deck or other)
    • 2 Blade Strike (so that Chaz doesn't have to be the only creature to attack without zapping).
    In my opinion, this could work in theory as a Troll deck or as a Plant deck. You could do a dwarf deck as well, but unfortunately none of these heroes have two green gems, and you definitely need the 2 DoD Wizard Heroes to make this work. I don't see this working well as an order deck.

I've been working on my deck a bit; which is a plant deck. Here is the current version:
    • 1 Mad Fungaloid
    • 3 Hidden Floren
    • 3 Wolf Vine Golem
    • 1 Forest Giant Sentry
    • 2 Netallie
    • 1 Crafty Man-Eating Plant
    • 1 Mushroom Giant Warlord
    • 2 Chaz Strongarm
    • 1 Eoj Collectors (Level 1 DoD - "when you play me, all your ready creatures hunt without zapping.")
    • 2 Robert Wolfgale (Wizard DoD - "Whenever you chase a creature, gain a number of coins equal to its cost.")
    • 1 Banshee Boss
    • 1 Mushroom Giant Boss
    • 2 Hold 'Em Down
    • 2 Shuriken Toss
    • 2 Come Get Some
    • 2 Echoing Roar
    • 1 Ice Nova
    • 2 Royal Decree
    • 2 Razor Teeth
    • 1 Spin Attack
    • 1 Scary Chest Thump
    • 2 Extend Claws
    • 2 Blade Strike
    • 1 Revenant Gloom Armbands
    • 3 Digging for Treasure
    • 2 Fresh Sprout
    • 2 You Go First
    • 2 A Little Help
    48 cards total; average flip 2.7
    Last edited by Archer; 08-25-2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Poetic_Raven is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Chaz Armstrong deck

Nice job,
    Thanks for sharing!

If I can get together all these cards I'll give this deck a try.

" I Became Insane, With Long Intervals Of Horrible Sanity. "
    - Edgar Allen Poe -

Ralsar Blake is offline Explorer

I always have a hard time wrapping my head around your decks. So many different cards, it just seems like chaos.

Well the idea is that based on using A Little Help along with the level 20 Wizard DoD, I can bring Chaz into play and have coins sufficient to make him attack on turn 5.

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

Archer, i too have a hard time finding that "E" hero a place in any of my decks, just dont know his correct use yet. I'll be sure to try this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Since I posted this, I've tried him out in troll and dwarf decks as well. The troll deck didn't work too well, and the dwarf one did ok, but neither the plant nor the dwarf have as high a success rate as I would hope for. The weird thing about the plant deck is the level 1 DoDs actually do better in that one than Chaz, especially when you have more than one A Little Help out and/or Hold 'Em Down in hand to make ready creatures hunt repeatedly.

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

another good job archer