Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Title: * Bye, Deep Cave Bat... I'll miss you! (: *

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: * Bye, Deep Cave Bat... I'll miss you! (: *

Having a common card that can be used to such devastating effect is not right. That's why the bat was nerfed. Stuck in a tree is NOT nerfed. It's bugged.

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by AangXD View Post
    Having a common card that can be used to such devastating effect is not right. That's why the bat was nerfed. Stuck in a tree is NOT nerfed. It's bugged.
    IMHO, any card that is readily available to any player regardless of its ability/function (either relatively "devastating" or not) is fair game. Sure, I can use this common card with "such a devastating effect" against you, but you could also use that card against me. What matters is how the player has created a balanced deck with tricks/resources, supporting that common card.

It is a level playing field because any player can use a card that is easily available, compared to other cards you could only obtained from tourneys (promotion cards like Shadow Ambush, Magic Unleashed, Thorns, etc.); physical booster packs (Exclusive cards like Extend Claws, Return to Sender, etc.), now obsolete - recently available as tourney rewards except RTS, lol; and from the SC Marketplace (certain cards in the Starter decks and Pumpkin Prince; DoD cards, now obsolete).

Who makes the call if a particular card is "devastating or overpowered?" Is it the players in the Official $OE Forum and/or the TCG Devs?

These recent TCG "nerfing" updates remind me of a "TCG Inquisition," when an innocent card is "accused" of being overpowered, and the people with pitchforks go to the TCG Dev "Grand Inquisitor" that such a card is powerful and the card should be burned at the stake, ROFL.

Cards, IMHO, which I think are "overpowered" include:
    1. Apprentice Mage: a wizard who is also a "son of a witch;" he could destroy any stunned creature; definitely "overpowered," no doubt. I hate Mage Decks, lol.
    2. Steam Engineer: suspected "heretic;" machine sphere is my first starter deck and I like my Steamy Deck (:
    3. Giant Toad: a shapeshifter, likely a heretic, lol
    4. Ninja Master: a "destroyer" of creatures with ≤ 3 defense

etc. and the list continues on...

IMHO, Free Realms TCG is the only TCG where rules can change in the middle of the game, (: probably because it is being played online. There are other famous TCGs like Magic The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokémon TCG, etc., which I think their cards' abilities are NOT changed at the whim of their players or their TCG Devs, once the cards are finally printed and sold to the players . For example, in Magic The Gathering, I could not imagine their company sending notices to their players that the "Big Furry Monster" card is way too overpowered and its function has to be changed, so the card is being "recalled." Whoever owns this card should mail it back to the company, and the card will be replaced with a new "nerfed" ability, and mailed to the owners at no expense. ROFL.

IMHO, if a card is deemed to be overpowered/devastating, $OE should create new cards to counter it, NOT change the card's ability (way too easy to do; C'mon, $OE, be creative!).
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Bat cards were being abused, you could score 8 points per turn. If that's not OP I don't know what is. For a COMMON card, it's ability is OP. The DEVS search to see which cards are being abused and the players help. The developers talk to us and there is excellent TCG communication going on on the FROF, if you don't like what is going on or how they change a card, go post a thread there. An OP card makes the whole deck around this card only. Everything will be used to protect it and people will forget about actually playing. Steam Engineer is being discussed about on the FROF as well as Extended Claws and Return to sender. Which are also not OP considered they are EXCLUSIVE cards.

Creating new cards is an option, but they can't just add a card randomly every-time. Especially when they know that the card still is OP. Bat card could be countered by what? Stop hunting? That would be OP. According to Wikipedia, Pokemon TCG had several changes MOST were by BANNING a card, would you want that?

...Steam Engineer is being discussed about on the FROF as well as Extended Claws and Return to sender. Which are also not OP considered they are EXCLUSIVE cards.

Creating new cards is an option, but they can't just add a card randomly every-time. Especially when they know that the card still is OP. Bat card could be countered by what? Stop hunting? That would be OP. According to Wikipedia, Pokemon TCG had several changes MOST were by BANNING a card, would you want that?
    So, Steam Engineer is next in the chopping block, eh, lol?

I mentioned in my previous post that the Deep Cave Bat could be countered by turning down his supporting resources, like Stampede, Easy Money, and Savage Sting Bow. With an attack 2/Defense 1, lots of creatures/tricks/resources could defeat him - Royal Archer, Apprentice Mage, Lt. Snibug, Ninja Master, Straight Shot, RTS, Extend Claws, etc.; cards that have the ability to do something (: "next to its foe" like Silversnow's Fruitcake, Snowhill Defender, Frostfang Growler, etc.; the strategy list is endless... (:

$OE might as well "ban" the DCB since I won't be using it with its nerfed ability, ROFL. Changing DCB's original ability is no different from "banning" it. (:
    Cards in other TCGs, like Pokemon (including Sneasel, Slowking, Birthday Picachu and Ancient Mew), Yu-Gi-Oh! and Naruto, are being banned because these games have physical versions of these cards. You don't expect these Card Companies "recalling" these cards for a 'nerf' update and a new card reprint, ROFL.

Anyway, I move on, and I enjoy playing Zoro's "Chug Deck." (:

Like I said, instead of staying here, go to the FROF look at the opinions there and post your own, the devs will do what's right. They might have made DCB weaker, but what they did to Ground Pound was very good and strategically planned. Pokemon, Yu-gio oH and all those banned them because like you said, they weren't going to re-call them. So, it's just like FR.

Brost is offline Explorer

what they did to ground pound was wrong how many more cards need to be nerfed so they can go straight to the junkpile deck? There's already a card from series 4 i beleive that stun both creatures in my opinion instead of making it only for chaos and low gem they should have only remove the ability to stun both creatures. All i wanted was a card that could end the battle without having to destroy itself. The reason it was nerfed is because the ability for it to be used with "move out" or "shadow ambush" or more that include stun. There goes the only card that seem for me a great way to survive a turn.

And yes, i do believe they should nerf the engineer, from what i know most of the ppl who complained about my decks were using engineer or order w/o engineer. If it was nerfed i would call this an even card play field since everyone would need to use "hard to hand" battle cards which for me isnt a problem but reducing the abilties of such cards guess which deck is next after Engineer?

Like I said, instead of staying here, go to the FROF look at the opinions there and post your own, the devs will do what's right. They might have made DCB weaker, but what they did to Ground Pound was very good and strategically planned...

I realized that I have been a registered FROF member since 02/2012, lol. Anyway, I followed your advice and I went to the FROF posting my 1st message. (: There were only a few posters and opinions in that thread.

I'm not sure if I'll agree with you what $OE did to Ground Pound (GP) was "good and strategically planned." Before, GP was once neutral since all spheres could use it to "end the battle" especially against a "strong" (not necessarily overpowered, lol) card, using powerful trick(s)/resource(s). Now, GP is limited only to Chaos creatures.

It seems the Chaos deck (or a mixed Chaos deck) is the way to go, with lots of stunning; good offense; and GP, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brost View Post
    what they did to ground pound was wrong how many more cards need to be nerfed so they can go straight to the junkpile deck? There's already a card from series 4 i beleive that stun both creatures in my opinion instead of making it only for chaos and low gem they should have only remove the ability to stun both creatures. All i wanted was a card that could end the battle without having to destroy itself. The reason it was nerfed is because the ability for it to be used with "move out" or "shadow ambush" or more that include stun. There goes the only card that seem for me a great way to survive a turn.

And yes, i do believe they should nerf the engineer, from what i know most of the ppl who complained about my decks were using engineer or order w/o engineer. If it was nerfed i would call this an even card play field since everyone would need to use "hard to hand" battle cards which for me isnt a problem but reducing the abilties of such cards guess which deck is next after Engineer?

Only time can tell how many cards will be nerfed, becoming useless cards not worth using, lol. You might be referring to "Flame Flash" (Order), stunning both creatures but not ending the battle. Yes, I have noticed that $OE limited the use of GP to Chaos sphere, and changed the gems from 4 to 2. If I understand you right, you want a card similar to Royal Decree but ending the battle, with nobody scoring. I think another card that could end the battle is the Chaos resource Snowed Under. I haven't use it though.

I think I'm starting to favor the Chaos deck, lol. It has GP and Ready to Rumble to ready a stunned creature. (:

I think the next deck after Steam Engineer that will be "chopped" is the Mage Deck. ROFL. Watch out Apprentice Mage, lol.

Hey Brost, weighing everything before the Deep Cave Bat was nerfed, in your opinion, is the bat really "overpowered?" I was using a Bat Stacker Deck before, and I didn't win all the games when my resources got shot down, lol. I might be doing something wrong. (:

If the TCG Inquisition continues with more nerfed cards, I better improve my skills playing Treasure War. ROFL.

Brost is offline Explorer

yah but i want some card that can end battle without destroying itself and having four gems but oh well one guy can still dream....
    Bat deck wasnt powerful however alot ppl were using it to win fast so they could get more badges and more and i saw that i was glad they changed their text there is something i realized after they took down my shard and stun deck and that was if you can't vary on decks then you are not able to go beyong your limits anf will always rely on such deck that can be destroy in one way or another. That's why i was a good duelist because because i vary on decks and because of it i could ready my opponent strategies before they could even play me.
    I am however agreeing with nerfing the engineer because of the way ppl are relying on powerful decks being already made. From what i know, the creativity on decks is almost gone, i barely see someone using something different.

In response to the RTS and E.C issue: nah, i dont beleive they are overpowered yes many ppl use them as a way to victory for the game but you can survive without them. I rarely use them i dont want my opponent to feel like jsut because i have them i will win the battle. All my decks were relying on tricks and resources but after building the shard deck i realized you can also rely on good set of gems without using nothing special that make me forget about exclusive lol it's like choosing new stuff from a store that you sometimes forget the reason someone send you to go buy something for them.

Enct is offline Amateur Gamer

Return to Sender is more overpowered than Extend Claws, but both are overpowered for these reasons:

Both cards

- Can be played with only 2 resources.

- Make having the first turn more influential due to their power (more resources at every point in the game).

- Count as winning the battle (triggering effects that require wins).

- Can't be countered if the trick user is the attacker (except for effects like Bandages for Extend Claws).

- Can be recycled quickly with cards like Precise Shot, Icy Arrow, and even the new Deep Cave Bat.

- Are unintentionally rare. Yes exclusives were intended to be rare, but not to this degree. The reason why they are as rare as they are is because of a real-world problem: ceasing the production of physical cards.

Return to Sender

- Can stack the opponent's deck the way you want to, either making another battle easier to win by controlling the flip, or by making them effectively only draw 1 card that turn.

- Can only be countered by anti-trick cards like Target Vitals and Briarwood Standoff (are there even any others?).

Brost, I thought you would under-stand why ground pound was so OP. WHATEVER creature you had Ground Pound would stop it, that is way over powered, and I know it wasn't meant that way. Making it to Chaos only increases the durability of Chaos decks and cards. Making GP less powerful. From 4 gems to 2 makes sense, the stronger the card the less gems it has, since it stops a battle it is strong. The engineer should be nerfed, maybe JUST TO MACHINE, like the chaos card? Or maybe +1 attack and defense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast