Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Title: * Bye, Deep Cave Bat... I'll miss you! (: *

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default * Bye, Deep Cave Bat... I'll miss you! (: *

I found out last night that the Deep Cave Bat's function was changed to:
    "Stacker
    When I hunt, draw a card for each card beneath me."

It doesn't score extra cards when it hunts.

Edit: If the Powers-That-Be destroyed the Bat Stacker Deck, what card will be next in their 'destruction' agenda? Watch out, Steamy decks! ROFL.

The Bergram Stumpfinger + Pumpkin Prince combo seems invincible. I am having second thoughts buying Pumpkin Prince(s) since $OE is capable of making the Prince impotent in the future... ROFL.
    Last edited by Brett Firemumbles; 10-18-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: * Bye, Deep Cave Bat... I'll miss you! (: *

On the FR official forums a discussion was going on about Overpowered TCG cards and Deep Cave Bat as well as Ground Pound were too OP, so thankfully it was changed. Ground Pound can only be used by Chaos creatures now. Here are the links :
    http://forums.station.sony.com/freer...topic_id=36015 [Discussion]
    Scheduled TCG Downtime October 17th [Path Notes]
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

I'm liking my Halloween Themed deck, so to be honest, hopefully they don't change Bergram and Pumpkin Prince. I don't really want to have to delete my Ghost Decks with him. o-o
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming Trident View Post
    I'm liking my Halloween Themed deck, so to be honest, hopefully they don't change Bergram and Pumpkin Prince. I don't really want to have to delete my Ghost Decks with him. o-o
    Thanks for reminding me to report that "bergram" collect 2, I can't be destroyed wayyyy Op...

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

Truth be told, I don't care much for tcg...

True story!

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by AangXD View Post
    Thanks for reminding me to report that "bergram" collect 2, I can't be destroyed wayyyy Op...
    I think they should just increase the amount of scored cards needed rather than completely take the effect away.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Brost is offline Explorer

well to be honest, i know how to O.P the card with its new function but... it's better for everyone to keep the bat deck down and bring back the old school decks simplicity can be the best decks...

Quote Originally Posted by Brost View Post
    well to be honest, i know how to O.P the card with its new function but... it's better for everyone to keep the bat deck down and bring back the old school decks simplicity can be the best decks...
    Talking to myself and saying this statement repeatedly like a mantra,
    "When I hunt, draw a card for each card beneath me."
    "How can I overpower the DCB with its new function? What tricks/resources will work with the DCB's new function? What is Brost seeing, which I am not seeing? Hmmm..." in deep thought. This is very puzzling...

<whispering> "Hey Brost, I still have no idea how to take advantage of the DCB's new function. If you wouldn't mind, could you please send me a PM what is the answer to this puzzle?" Just kidding.

Off topic, Brost, you posted the "Shard Deck" in the MM site. Will it still work even though $OE nerfed 'Hold 'Em Down?" Thanks.

Brost is offline Explorer

as far as i know the shard deck went down a couple of weeks later after the chase deck, it became the new "chase deck" so ppl complained it about it and the game took the ability to chase creatures using tricks out of the game and not only that they took ground pound, stuck in a tree so pretty much dead anyway the deck was made to counter the wizard chase and went down with it so it was a good run while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brost View Post
    as far as i know the shard deck went down a couple of weeks later after the chase deck, it became the new "chase deck" so ppl complained it about it and the game took the ability to chase creatures using tricks out of the game and not only that they took ground pound, stuck in a tree so pretty much dead anyway the deck was made to counter the wizard chase and went down with it so it was a good run while it lasted.
    I didn't know that $OE also nerfed "Stuck in a Tree." I don't understand why cards that are easily available, were nerfed. If the cards are commonly available, I think the tourney is a level playing field, because people can easily get the cards and use the same strategies.

For instance, in the Bat Stacker Deck, the original Deep Cave Bat is very common, and it depended heavily on resources for the stacked cards to hunt extra cards. Every sphere has a creature to turn a resource face down, including Chaos' Robgoblin Fishmonger; Machine's Smuggler Boss; Nature's Ribberto and Nettleseed Nibbler; and Order's Headmaster Merk. There are lots of tricks that could turn resources down, including Sneakiness, Frost Claw Swipe, and Keep the Beat; and lastly, machine's resource Sudden Strike.

Zoro's "Goblin Flip Deck" is an excellent deck to counter a Bat Stacker Deck (as well as a Steamy Deck). Just because people with pitchforks complained to $OE about specific cards being overpowered, the TCG Devs reflexly decided to nerf the cards, ROFL.

I don't think $OE is going to nerf the Pumpkin Prince, because players paid hard-earned cash for the card's ability/function ("I can't be destroyed while another Ghost is in play). IMHO, it will be Bergram Stumpfinger's "collect two: I can't be destroyed" ability that will be nerfed in the near future, ROFL.
    Zoro Muzi likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast