Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Sarai Lavarock is offline Explorer

Default Beating Garrison's Creature Deck

Hi There - My current TCG quest is called "Wild Card Showdown". I have to beat Garrison Gold's Creature Deck (difficulty is 3 out of 5) to win the Raven Companion Creature Card (promo card). I am using the original machine starter deck that I received free and I am totally unable to beat it. Do I need to purchase another starter deck (i.e. Shattered past Chaos, Nature or order), or Shattered past booster deck?

I have taken a look at the other thread on people's winning decks that they have created, but I don't yet have many of the promotional cards that they are using.

What do you all recommend here so that I can move forward in my TCG game abilities? Which is the best deck/booster pack that I can purchase that will maximize my dollar? Thanks in advance for your guidance...
    Last edited by Sarai Lavarock; 04-02-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Beating Garrison's Creature Deck

As a Machine starter myself, I adjusted my deck to include Garrison Gold as well as any useful cards that had green gems, but still keeping a few good low cost defense creatures. Garrison Gold and Kart Driver(s) is my best strategy thus far since the only card you really need to get is Garrison Gold (if you got the Machine Starter). Since you are on the Wild Card Showdown, I think you've at least defeated Garrison's Tournament Deck, which means you should have his Hero card already. This strategy isn't as useful in PvP games, mind you.

As for boosters, I cannot help there. I have always been cheap and avoided buying those, unfortunately.

Best of luck to you.

P.S. I also removed ROFLE - that card seemed useless to me.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

RP - thanks for this input! I was beginning to think it was not possible to beat Garrison's creature deck without paid cards. So I will try your deck build and see if this helps.

But I'm still interested in input from others who have purchased other starter/booster decks. Which one would be the next logical "buy"?

I suppose that would depend on what may be in the booster pack along with your main focus in your deck.
    It may also be important to note that you shouldn't keep your deck completely to one sphere. There are some cards that are effective in all decks despite their sphere, such as Power Nap.

Sometimes it's all about persistence. I was able to complete the initial questline for Card Duelist as well as the Tournament thing with this basic deck and a lot of persistence (and time). Trying to keep yourself as calm as possible always helps, too.

RP - Thanks for your input! SUCCESS! I finally beat Garrison Gold's creature deck after WEEKS of trying. I think the secret was the Kart drivers in combo with lots of green emerald cards (to keep them driving to other spots to attack), and Garrison Gold's hero card to keep the Kart Drivers alive. And this was done without paying for additional cards! Now I am off to try and battle his Resource deck. I wonder how many times this will take me.

But I'm still losing badly in the tournament arena. I haven't won a single PVP all day!
    Any recommendations on winning these games?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarai Lavarock View Post
    RP - Thanks for your input! SUCCESS! I finally beat Garrison Gold's creature deck after WEEKS of trying. I think the secret was the Kart drivers in combo with lots of green emerald cards (to keep them driving to other spots to attack), and Garrison Gold's hero card to keep the Kart Drivers alive. And this was done without paying for additional cards! Now I am off to try and battle his Resource deck. I wonder how many times this will take me.

But I'm still losing badly in the tournament arena. I haven't won a single PVP all day!
    Any recommendations on winning these games?
    Congratulations!
    I don't think you can do any worse than I did, heh!

PvP games... Well, those extremely annoying cards, like Extended Claws and Giant Toad, will probably help, but since each player is different, there's not much of a different strategy I have for them. If you plan on using the Garrison Gold-Kart Driver trick, though, be careful of Ambrose Worcester - Crush Ready any of my allies [including myself]. Garrison Gold will turn on you if you meet Ambrose. :|

Some other annoying cards:
    Demolition Derby Driver
    Speed Demon
    Mining Master (something like that)

Palmer Shocksaber is offline Amateur Gamer

dont mess with the raven companion until you get an lvl 4 or 5 card on the feild
    Palmer Shocksaber
    Owner Of <Lumina>
    Server 1