Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Title: * Badge Trickster *

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default * Badge Trickster *

I realized that $OE fixed the TCG lobby chatbox at the very bottom of the screen, where you could freely send a general message (of course, with filters) to other tourney players. This was nice, without using the chat bubble, with preset messages. In the past, to tie in game, a player used the preset messages "Can you help me please?" or "Would you like some help?" or "Wait for me!". Then, the other player would respond "I'll be right here" or "I'll be right there" or "I don't want to do that."

Within these past few days, I have witnessed a "badge scumming" episode, lol. (2 words not allowed to use in this forum: SCAM and QUIT), ROFL. Within the last 30 minutes of the tourney, Player 1 (with at least 50 badges) sent a general message via the chatbox that he "lost" a point to catch up with Player 2 (with 2 badges). In the leaderboard, Player 2 was ahead with 2 wins and 2 losses. Player 2, being generous, stopped playing (with a big red cross in the board). They eventually tied wins. A few minutes later, I expected that Player 1 would forfeit the next game so that he would tie losses, and then stopped playing. Instead, Player 1 decided to win the game, and he still kept playing. It seemed that Player 2 was oblivious of what was happening - he might be AFK, not monitoring the board, confident that he would get another badge at the end of the tourney; until the last 10 minutes, I saw Player 2's message, sort of asking "what happened?" Player 1 was somewhat hedging in the chatbox. There were a lot of witnesses monitoring the chat. I decided to send a chatbox message to Player 2 that if I played him in the next game, I would forfeit; unfortunately, it was too late. If Player 2 didn't make a pact with anybody, he could have won the tourney. Player 1 got the badge; and he left the tourney. Some people were still around, and some commented in the chatbox that Player 1 was known not keeping his word to tie for the 1st position, and he couldn't be trusted. This episode was an example of dishonesty coupled with greed, lol. That's all, folks!

Anyway, I better find a GameStop store and get some SC cards before the Double SC Weekend is over. Happy Sunday Morning!
    Brost and Tabi like this.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: * Badge Trickster *

Wowza...
    People these days...
    ninjablade2000 and Aubss like this.

True story!

ninjablade2000 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Baybo View Post
    Wowza...
    People these days...
    * Salutez * xD
    hello

AangXD is offline Master Gamer

I hate people who do that, could you please send me a PM of his/her IGN?

Brost is offline Explorer

yeah nowdays you cant rely much on ppl i havent play tcg on a while but there is always people who will take the chance to win from my experience there are usually the most common reasons (EXCUSES) for them to do it
    1-They want to prove other or the player who was gonna tie with him/her that he/she is better than him/her
    2-They want to have most amount of badges
    3-He/she is stuborn/selfish that his/her proud would let her/him think that even if they dont win is better than go for a tie

Being there for like two years i can already tell who i can trust and who i cant even some "friends" they can try to gain your trust but behind they will try go sometimes for themselves and of coruse there are other ppl who dont usually tie but because they know they are a worthy opponent who will go to the end of the tournament to catch that "player"; that "player" usually wont take the chance of loosing so he/she will offer a tie so he/she can go early from the tournament being sure that he/she will have a sure won badge.

I already know every player,strategies,players' decks, and even the ones who retired so i am pretty sure i must know that person you talking about.

Keep an eye on your friends and enemies
    Brett Firemumbles likes this.

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

Wow, the lengths people will go to just for one badge.

I'm sort of curious as to who the person is. Could you send a PM of who they are?
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

The predator has 78 badges; the victim has 2 badges. Some of the witnesses involved in the chatbox conversation included Trevor Eagleeye5, Rux Wolfheart, Zack Quickbow, and Chris. Sorry, that's the only info I could share. Talk to these guys in game. Consider it as a card duelist quest line, and your reward is finding the identity of the predator working for Baron von Darkcheat, ROFL.

Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer

There should be a limit of TCG badges.
    15-25 or something like that.
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

What's so special about these badges, do they do something?
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    What's so special about these badges, do they do something?
    A player gets a TCG Badge when he wins 1st place in a TCG tournament competing with the other players, a la "survival of the fittest." (:

The Badge does not do anything; it is just a status symbol, lol. The 3-hour tournaments are held 4x/day, such that you can potentially win 4 badges a day. The more badges a player has collected - indicates greater skill as a card duelist, and likely he possesses better cards. The number of badges is similar to the teardrop tattoos on the face, or notches on a gun, signifying the number of 'kills'; also similar to the number of notches on the bedpost...ROFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast