Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ArielleMoonshadow is offline Master Gamer

Default Ari's Plant Predators Deck

Wel, it's my first time posting a TCG deck on a site, so forgive me if the output is not as great as the experts' versions.

After searching around the FRI forums, MM forums and the official FR forums, I discovered that this deck was very similar to a deck Mateo Cloudriver made back then, so you can just say that this is a modification of his deck.

Plant Predators (Total Cards: 44 - Average Flip: 2.7)

Tournament Winning as of January 7,2011!

Card Rarity Index: 6 Common, 20 Uncommon, 11 Rare (!), 7 Promotional

Creatures:(23)
    x3 Bristlewood Buck
    x3 Changeling Sentry
    x3 Wolf Vine Golem
    x3 Mutated Tree Soldier
    x3 Giant Mushroom Warlord
    x3 Ernie
    x2 Briarwood Tree Soldier
    x2 Nogg the Cruel

Tricks: (14)
    x3 Bear Hug
    x3 Come Get Some
    x3 Echoing Roar
    x3 From Above
    x2 New Growth

Resources: (8)
    x2 Brawler Sword
    x2 Fresh Sprout
    x2 Mushroom Ring
    x2 Treeleaf's Retreat

Strategy: (More Coming Soon, Need more time to formulate it)
    -Simple Version-
    Basically, the main goal is to control and try your best to clear the field with the two key creatures: Giant Mushroom Warlord (His Collect 3 ability is important) and Briarwood Tree Soldier (How can you not love his abilities? Extra point per Plant ally when hunting & Blue Gem= All allies without hunting!). If you need help keeping them on the field, Nogg is there to save them when he's in play . Once you have them set up,try to crush the opponent to trigger the Treeleaf's Retreat card, which adds another point when you hunt. Use Come Get Some and New Growth (or even Mushroom Ring if your opponent managed to stun) to ready your creatures. Hunt and let all the points roll in. You can start this "combo" earlier, but it would score more points when the Briarwood Tree Soldier is in.

Some important notes:
    1. If you get a starting hand with both Bristlewood Buck and Changeling Sentry, play the Changeling Sentry first. He's a much better blocker than the Bristlewood Buck. Also, I intended to use the Bristlewood Buck to destroy weak enemies early while managing to stay alive for a number of turns. This deck contains a quite balanced gem count, so power-ups will activate often.
    2. The effect of the Treeleaf's Retreat card stacks with more copies of them zapped. Also, it has an unlimited use. So, don't be afraid to use them when you feel that you won't be able to maximize its use the first time around.
    3. Use the Bear Hugs sparingly. Play them when you really need to keep the creature alive. You can also use it with the Wolf Vine Golem to stun them (if you get the yellow gem) and hunt on the next turn to return the opponent's creature to his/her hand. That's a great way to mess up your opponent's coin budget on the next turn.
    4. If you have a Level 20 Kart Driver DoD, you can use this to replace Ernie to position your creatures easily. (Credit to Archer)
    5. This deck's weaknesses are the Stuck in a Tree and Briarmelon cards, those instant-kill Order decks...(what deck doesn't? ) and those decks with large flips while maintaining a strong attack.

Based on Archer Cherubgrin's suggestions, I'll also give out another version:

Plant Predators 2.0(Total Cards: 45 - Average Flip: 2.7)

Tournament Winning as of January 7,2011!

Card Rarity Index: 6 Common, 17 Uncommon, 11 Rare (!), 9 Promotional, 2 Exclusives

Creatures:(23)
    x3 Bristlewood Buck
    x3 Changeling Sentry
    x3 Wolf Vine Golem
    x3 Mutated Tree Soldier
    x1 Crafty Man-Eating Plant
    x3 Giant Mushroom Warlord
    x2 Ernie
    x2 Nogg the Cruel

Tricks: (15)
    x3 Bear Hug
    x3 Come Get Some
    x2 Echoing Roar
    x2 Ice Nova
    x2 From Above
    x2 New Growth
    x1 Extend Claws

Resources: (8)
    x2 Brawler Sword
    x2 Fresh Sprout
    x2 Mushroom Ring
    x2 Treeleaf's Retreat

Notes for this deck (Be sure what to read the notes found in Version 1 as well):
    1. Use the Claws sparingly! Play it to save an important creature (Ernie is obviously not counted) and clear the field for a Mushroom Giant Warlord or a Briarwood Tree Soldier to hunt. You can also use it on turn 4 with a Wolf Vine Golem to instantly destroy the opponent's key creatures such as a Steam Engineer or an Artifact Detector!
    2. The Crafty Man-Eating Plant is great for an early crush. Use him well with New Growth. However, I still prefer the Mushroom Giant's Collect 3 Ability than the Crafty's Spend 3 Coin Ability.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. I hope you'll try it out. Any non-harsh criticism is welcome.
    Last edited by ArielleMoonshadow; 01-08-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    Arielle Moonshadow
    Proud Member of the <Insiders> since January 4, 2010
    Not interested in trading anymore. Everything's so expensive...

Chris Blazingsea is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Ari's Plant Predators Deck

I have I think 70 cards in my deck ( not good, I know) I will try these decks out, as I know how to use the nature sphere very well.
    P.S.
    Quote: However, I still prefer the Mushroom Giant's Collect 3 Ability than the Crafty's Spend 3 Coin Ability.

I have 2 Craftys in my deck and their hunt ability has won me an uncountable amount of games. Of course, so has the Warlord.
    IGN: Chris Blazingsea
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

I understand how useful Craftys are in decks with their potential in crushing and hunting (at the cost of coins). I only could include one because to start with, I only have one in my whole collection! Also, this deck mixes well more with the Mushroom Giant's Collect 3 ability because it utilizes cards that give extra points when hunting (but not instantly as the Crafty has). Here are some examples:

Mutated Tree Soldier (crushes) + Mushroom Warlord with Collect 3 = Bonus Point.

Fresh Sprout + Mushroom Warlord with Collect 3 = Bonus Point.

Briarwood Tree Soldier (gem power-up) + Mushroom Warlord with Collect 3 = Bonus Point.

Come Get Some + Mushroom Warlord with Collect 3 (He obviously has to win, or if the opponent used a "your opponent can't be destroyed card" then gets a draw ) = Bonus Point.

New Growth + Mushroom Warlord with Collect 3 (He has to crush)= Bonus Point.

Treeleaf's Retreat + Mushroom Warlord with Collect 3 (Has to crush)= Bonus Point or add another one if there are two...and you can stack this with the other effects (except the Mutant Tree Soldier as his effect comes first).

So as you can see, this deck suits the Mushroom Warlord's ability so well that it amplifies its usefulness.
    Arielle Moonshadow

I almost have everything I need. Of course I'll need the Shattered past quest bundle. :/
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

From above with something else
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

... Double Post .
    Last edited by Chaz Morrison; 01-30-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Chaz Morrison is offline Banned

Ahhh just gotta love the Mushroom giants Also, I took Crafty Man-eating Plant out of my deck because it Ability mostly, its not what I am looking for. It was between Mushroom Giant and Man-Eating Plant . I chose to take Crafty out instead of Mush Giant... Mush giant could Score double while Crafty- takes up coins to score basically, although it is pretty useful. But not useful to me in my Animal Stun Deck. I am a fast hunter, I have to be quick to get 3 scores in just one or more piles so my Animals can stun the enemy ..And if the enemy is destroyed or stunned I just bring Mush Giant out and get my scores. Also Mushroom Giant + Come Get Some is one of my good combo's too.

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Crafty Man-Eating Plant and Mushroom Giant Warlord can be friends too. For instance, Crafty is more likely to crush in battle, so if you use New Growth with Crafty while attacking, it New Growth will ready a Mushroom Giant Warlord ally for the bonus points (along with Crafty), whereas if you used the New Growth with Mushroom Giant Warlord, it might not have crushed unless it happens to have an Ernie ally for support.

This is what I'm working with right now.

(Total Cards: 48 - Average Flip: 2.5)

Creatures (22)
    x3 Bristlewood Buck
    x3 Changeling Sentry
    x3 Wolf Vine Golem
    x3 Mutated Tree Soldier
    x2 Crafty Man-Eating Plant
    x2 Giant Mushroom Warlord
    x2 Ernie
    x1 Mushroom Giant Boss
    x1 Nogg the Cruel

Tricks (15)
    x2 Bear Hug
    x3 Come Get Some
    x3 Echoing Roar
    x3 Ice Nova
    x2 Bat Attack
    x1 New Growth
    x1 Extend Claws

Resources
    x2 Bandages
    x2 Brawler Sword
    x2 Fresh Sprout
    x2 Game of Hide and Seek
    x1 Move Out
    x2 Treeleaf's Retreat

The reason I added the Game of Hide and Seeks is because with this deck I tend to crush quite a bit and I know we all hate when we run out of cards in our hand, so I could always use the 2 extra cards.

I love the Mushroom Giant Boss + Extend Claws Combo. Play the card, +1 point. Win the battle, 2 points. 3 total.

I haven't bought the Shattered past quest packs yet, so I'm using some replacements, (extra Echoing Roar, extra Ice Nova, x2 Bat Attack) for From above, and also some for Mushroom Ring.

Let me know what you think.
    <Elite Cardie Crew>

It's going well, Chris. The added cards were ones I considered on placing in this deck. An extra Crafty adds more crushing power to the deck. Bandages helps key creatures stay alive. Game of Hide and Seek wasn't really on my sights when forming it, but it does make sense since I realized I often ran out of cards. Move Out would be a decent replacement for Mushroom Ring for the time being. MGB (Mushroom Giant Boss) is something I also wanted to add. His lack of attack power considering his boss status made me drop him, but with Extend Claws, he's very deadly.
    Arielle Moonshadow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast