Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Archer's Troll Chase Deck

I have had versions of this deck for a while, but until recently, it was a little too slow to win a tournament. But I believe I have now perfected it appropriately and did win a tournament with it tonight. Note: this deck is very sophisticated and is best used in the hands of an experienced player. Average flip 2.7 - 46 cards. I would have made it 45, but could not find a single card I was comfortable removing.

• 3 Angry Yeti
    • 3 Forest Troll Scout
    • 2 Forest Troll Archer
    • 1 Animal Smuggler
    • 1 SRS Archeologist
    • 1 Troll Spider Trainer
    • 1 Forest Troll Shaman
    • 2 Bry
    • 1 DoD Level 20 Wizard (in my case Merlin) - or a second Pappy Farnum alternatively
    • 1 Pappy Farnum
    • 2 Banshee Boss
    • 3 Troll Queen
    • 3 Hold 'Em Down
    • 2 Inspiration
    • 2 Knuckle Sandwich
    • 1 Column of Fire
    • 1 Lost
    • 1 Send Help
    • 1 Shuriken Toss
    • 1 Sneakiness
    • 1 The Boot
    • 1 Onion Breath
    • 1 Scary Chest Thump
    • 1 Blade Strike
    • 2 Cleaning House - or 2 Digging for Treasure alternatively
    • 2 Driller
    • 2 Pillage the Village
    • 2 You Go First
    • 1 A Little Help

Strategy:
    • Turn 1 - Play Angry Yeti if hunting, Forest Troll Scout if attacking (preferably using Knuckle Sandwich)
    • Turn 2 - Play Angry Yeti if hunting, Forest Troll Archer if attacking (if you have a dead creature in the graveyard, attack with Knuckle Sandwich and Inspiration together). When attacking, if you hunted with a Forest Troll Scout this turn, use Send Help when attacking with your other creature to put the Forest Troll Scout back into your hand (no use leaving an easy target lying around). Use Sneakiness on defense, particularly to destroy crush type or reusable opponent resources. If need be, use Hold 'Em Down on defense to put Angry Yeti into play and draw a card when it dies. Use Shuriken Toss if needed for combat reasons to put high flip cards into the graveyard, preferably a Troll Queen or Banshee Boss, a Hero, or other four gem cards you won't immediately need.
    • Turn 3 - There are many options on this turn, depending on what's died and how many creatures are on the board. If you have been hunting unopposed, this is a good turn to play Forest Troll Scout and use Pillage the Village, earning you an extra 2-3 scored cards, or alternatively play more Angry Yeti and tap Cleaning House. If you have lost a lot of creatures, and the opponent is tough on defense, try using Animal Smuggler to retrieve some of the creatures. If you have lost a lot of creatures and the opponent is not so tough on defense, try attacking with SRS Archeologist + The Boot + Inspiration or Troll Spider Trainer + Knuckle Sandwich + Inspiration. If you have not lost creatures, but are attacking, just use SRS Archeologist or Troll Spider Trainer with Driller, or alternatively, tap Cleaning House, and put a lower level creature on the board. Onion Breath should be saved for defense, preferably later on a Banshee Boss in play. If you want to use Inspiration, but you have your slots full with creatures, you might consider using Send Help to put a creature who has already hunted back in your hand along with Inspiration to open a column for a dead creature to go back into.
    • Turn 4 - If you have a Forest Troll Scout or Forest Troll Archer on the board, chase it with a Troll Queen. If you have a Forest Troll Scout in your hand, keep it there for turn five, and play Forest Troll Shaman or whatever else you can get out there.
    • Turn 5 - If you have a Forest Troll Scout or Forest Troll Archer on the board, move an oppenent creature in front of it, then chase it with the Troll Queen. When you attack (preferably with at least one You Go First in play), play Hold 'Em Down and chase the Troll Queen with a Banshee Boss and then stun your opponent's toughest creature, which will probably be destroyed during combat from the powerup, while meanwhile you draw six cards. Alternatively, if you have your DoD Wizard in hand, along with You Go First and A Little Help and a five or six cost creature in your graveyard to chase it with, then use the aforementioned resources to draw five cards and get five coins If you have either Bry or Pappy Farnum in hand and ideally the other one in the graveyard along with A Little Help, then use one to bring the other into play, and then whenever there is a battle, leave your third chaos creature ready, then zap it with Bry to destroy an opponent card, ready it with Pappy Farnum for 3 star, then zap it again with Bry to destroy another opponent card. Be sure to always use Bry's ability immediately upon attacking (or defending) to destroy a scored card to avoid issues with opponents who will zap your creatures for you using Spin Attack and the like. You may only score one card that turn, but you will destroy two opponent scored cards on attack, and probably another one or two on defense. If you don't have Pappy but do have Bry, you can also use cards such as Column of Fire or Lost to quickly ready a creature, then zap it again to destroy an opponent card. Scary Chest Thump should be saved for readying Banshee Boss and stunning an opponent creature for him to kill. However, if Bry is in play, go ahead and zap Banshee Boss back to destroy an opponent card after using Scary Chest Thump. If your level 20 DoD Wizard is in play and you use Hold 'Em Down, you will gain coins, and as stands, will be able to place chased creatures back into play for extra hunts or attacks if an attack fails. If you don't use the coins, sometimes the game will be a little buggy in your next set phase and make you use your Pillage the Villages or move around opponent creatures before it lets you place creatures. As a bonus, however, when it gets buggy like this, it gives you your full coins after you use your resources as if you hadn't.
    • Turn 6 - Keep on with the above strategies and use Driller when possible on attacks. If you are against a tough defensive opponent, attack with Troll Queen and use her to put more Troll Queens in play until you get lucky and win your battles. If you chased a Troll Forest Scout to put Troll Queen in play (or in later turns when you have an extra coin or two), zap Cleaning House for any such suicide missions. (Note: this strategy requires having a Troll Queen in the graveyard to work, and getting your green gem powerup of course). This is also a good turn to use Column of Fire, particularly if that will make the difference between winning this turn or next turn. If you've got the Bry in play, as a bonus, even without Pappy, if SRS Archeologist is your chaos creature and as a second bonus if you have Blade Strike in play, make your strongest attack using Blade Strike, then use Bry to Zap SRS Archeologist, then use SRS Archeologist to ready himself and zap Bry, then use Bry to zap SRS Archeologist again, then use SRS Archeologist to zap the third creature (if not chaos) then use Bry to zap SRS Archeologist a third time so you have now destroyed three opponent cards in one battle using only four or five stars.
    • I have seen people use as many as three A Little Helps in a deck like this even without the You Go First resources in an effort to get Pappy and Bry together to work their magic, however, I find it more efficient (not to mention better on the flips) to go the Troll Queen chased by Banshee Boss route and save the Bry action for later turns.
    Last edited by Archer; 03-02-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Archer's Troll Chase Deck

wow, that deck is truly amazing. I just logged off on the game, and saw you post this, but i love this deck, and i relogged back, made it, and tried it out lol, its just that amazing. and yes, its quit a challenge to just use that deck

However i have a suggestion, add in one more forest scout, the flip rate will be the same.
    Last edited by Anuraag; 09-20-2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Glad you enjoyed it Anu. People have some interesting reactions to this deck. I had somebody call me a cheater just using Bry normally (before I had readied anything). And sometimes, once you have destroyed about three scored cards, people will just quit right then. I had one game where my opponent didn't put out any creatures during the first three turns, and I scored 9 cards within my first three turns by using Pillage the Village.

I also had one game for the record books where I scored all twelve cards in the same column. (I kept having creatures attack and ready themselves in that column, then get destroyed). Then at the end, Pappy and another ally made failed attacks while I kept readying the creature in that one column with Pappy to hunt for the win.

Putting Banshee Boss into play as early as turn 4 or 5 is awesome too, and in many circumstances can be used to stun your opponent creature for an automatic victory (if your powerup goes through and opponent does not play Sprint or something similar) if that's what you want/need to do (especially for a tough opponent creature or a creature who has an annoying powerup like Giant Toad or Ninja Master).

The Hold 'Em Down chasing can also be used in combination with allies of Bry to give more fodder to his destructive ability toward opponent scored cards.

My only complaint about Hold 'Em Down is that it won't let you chase a cost 4 troll such as Forest Troll Shaman with Troll Queen (who technically is considered a cost 4 creature when chasing a troll). If that worked properly, I would probably substitute one of the Forest Troll Scouts for a second Forest Troll Shaman, and that could make for a very interesting turn four with a Forest Troll Shaman being chased by a Troll Queen then being chased by a Banshee Boss.

As for the suggestion, there are already three Scouts, perhaps you mean to add an extra Archer? Which if I did that, I would take out the Troll Spider Trainer, because I don't want to lower the number of potential blue gem flips.
    Last edited by Archer; 09-20-2010 at 02:13 AM.

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

Lol, i just tried it against Kai, and by turn 6 i had 2 troll queens, and 1 banshee boss on the field, with 15 cards in hand, i think its pretty cool

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Wow! I don't know if you guys know how impressive you are. I hope more people see this thread. GREAT INFO!!!

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

wow archer you make awesome decks, but kind of difficult lol

Yes, this deck is the only one I know where you can make a comeback with your opponent having scored eleven cards and get them down to zero scored cards.