Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Archer's Animal Hunt Deck

I made this deck today and won 16 out of 16 games, making first place for a tournament that I started late with. I had been working on a mostly nature version of this deck yesterday, but I found that putting in a good amount of order helps out. This is a relatively simple deck to use, at least as my decks go. So without further ado:

• Bristlewood Buck x 1
    • Soaring Eagle x 3
    • Changeling Rock Warrior x 2
    • Pastry Chef x 1
    • Courier Eagle Companion x 2
    • Wizard Bat Companion x 1
    • Mushroom Giant Warlord x 2
    • Briarwood Ninja x 3
    • Pet Trainer DoD x 1
    • Driver DoD x 1 (the variety that can switch places with allies or move when a foe is played)
    • Sir Wellington x 1
    • If you lack one or more of these heroes, you can also use Darrel, Ernie (presumably with Darrel and/or DoD Pet Trainer), Lazi, Maple Sugarleaf, Morninglory, Bullseye, or your favorite DoD (presumably chef, card duelist, or the level 1 that causes allies to hunt when first played).
    • Giant Toad x 2
    • Ice Nova x 2 (you generally won't use these until late game aside from possibly with Changeling Rock Warrior or Pastry Chef when playing a foe without strong defense)
    • Rain of Arrows x 1 (this is in here mainly for Briarwood Ninja to increase his chances of a powerup on defense to destroy an extra opponent creature).
    • Someone Your Own Size x 2 (this is mainly for Courier Eagle Companion especially when zapped or Pastry Chef especially when unzapped).
    • Chuck a Mug x 3
    • One Foot in the Grave x 2
    • Sprint x 3
    • Digging for Treasure x 2
    • Easy Money x 1
    • Alive Again x 1
    • Scatter Shot x 2
    • Straight Shot x 2 (this is the only exclusive used in this deck; if you don't have it, put in an extra Alive Again and an extra Sport Shades)
    • Sport Shades x 2
    Total cards 44; Average flip rate 2.6

Strategy:
    • Turn 1 - Put out your cost 1 creatures to hunt; if no cost 1 creatures, use Digging for Treasure to discard a trick and draw cards, preferably Sprint or One Foot in the Grave. If you are going second, use Straight Shot to destroy a foe if able; if not, keep Straight Shot and Sport Shades in your hand to surprise your opponent next turn, unless you have no other resources to play or no creature to play in which case use Sport Shades to destroy a foe if able.
    • Turn 2 - Put out Changeling Rock Warrior or cost 1 creatures out to hunt or block. Use your resources to open up columns to hunt if able. If you have a choice between using Straight Shot and Sports Shades to destroy a foe, use Straight Shot as that has zero coin cost and doesn't require a discard.
    • Turn 3 - Put out Pastry Chef to block or Courier Eagle Companion to block or hunt. If you can hunt with Courier Eagle Companion, you might consider attacking with a Changeling Rock Warrior, especially using Ice Nova. You can also use Wizard Bat Companion to block a weak attack creature and leave ready to support defending creatures.
    • Turn 4 - Put out Briarwood Ninja preferably and use One Foot in the Grave or Chuck a Mug as needed on your attacks. When possible, use Changeling Rock Warrior to attack for the extra card draw. Then go ahead and hunt with any creatures you have out, aside from possibly Pastry Chef (unless you don't have Someone Your Own Size, in which case go ahead and hunt). Alternatively, if you are hunting unopposed, replace whatever creature has three scored cards with a Mushroom Giant Warlord. Alternatively, chase a Soaring Eagle with a Giant Toad. This is the earliest turn that you might have a Courier Eagle Companion and a Wizard Bat Companion out together. They make a great team. Even if your third creature is a Soaring Eagle, these two allies will allow it to attack with a strength of 7, or alternatively, the Wizard Bat Companion will allow the Courier Eagle Companion to attack with a strength of 5 (but do this cautiously).
    • Turn 5 - If I don't have a resource, I may skip playing a card to the resource pile on turn 5, assuming I have a cost 4 creature to play. Put out a second Briarwood Ninja or replace a Pastry Chef who has no foe with a Courier Eagle Companion and keep hunting or using One Foot in the Grave or Chuck a Mug to clear out foes. Alternatively put out a hero. Pet trainer works well if you have Courier Eagle Companion in play. Sir Wellington works well if you have Briarwood Ninja in play. Driver works well if you have a Mushroom Giant Warlord in play so as to reposition it to hunt for two cards if it is being blocked.
    • Turn 6 - Hopefully you are well on your way to winning by now. If not, do your best to block your opponent. If you have your opponent sufficiently blocked, use Giant Toad or a hero plus Scatter Shot. Alternatively place Mushroom Giant Warlord and use Easy Money for a quick four card score.

Anuraag is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Archer's Animal Hunt Deck

Omg that deck looks real confusing to me, I'll be sure to try it out wen i lo in tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. One suggestion: add in two more bucks or fierce bears.

I've been tweaking this deck a little bit to be a little less animal based on some recent games. I'll let you know when I finish. But an alternate version of this deck includes Lazi, Bullseye, and Driver DoD for heroes and replaces one of the Courier Eagle Companions with Camp Cook, who works great along with Sprint to ready Mushroom Giant Warlord for an extra hunt in late game and of course to reduce its foe's defense sufficient to use Chuck a Mug or other forms of elimination. I also added a Spin Attack and one Return to Sender, removed a Giant Toad, replaced a Sprint with a third One Foot in the Grave, replaced one Sport Shades with Whisk Wing Boots, removed one Scatter Shot, and replaced the two Ice Novas with Kitchen Cleanups among other things that I can think of off the top of my head.

The inspiration behind this deck was to create a deck that benefited from yellow gems and double yellow gems, and combined the strengths of nature hunting for extra cards with the strength of order removing foe creatures in non-combat ways.

The main challenge I have gotten is from decks that are overloaded on creatures like 26-28 creatures in a 40 card deck that start to make a comeback in later turns when this deck is less defensible against three heros attacking.

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

archer this deck is VERY stragetic... and confusing lol but i dont see why you cant win with it, it is very good

Actually..i tried it out yesterday..and lost 2 of my ranking duels with it. My toads just couldnt get the yellow gem, everytime i flipped a pasty chef or a briarwood ninja or any card with no yellow gem.. Also, deck suffered from bad draws...bad enough to cost a game. However, I tried to make a new version of it, just all order, which is doing great, better than what i expected.

When you add extra cost 1 creatures, it does affect the flips. I played with it last night and won like 20 out of 23. I lost twice to a nature hunt style deck both played during my last half hour of play. You could certainly make it more order. The only things that are essential as far as nature are 2 Straight Shots, 1 Scatter Shot and 2 Changeling Rock Warrior, although there are certainly benefits to having the Mushroom Giant Warlord. Also, Anu, since you like using at least a couple more cost 1 creatures than me, you may not have as much use for the Digging for Treasure as I do.

Also, if you make it more of an order deck, it would start to make more sense to use Sam Potts as at least one of the heroes.

Here is an amended version of the deck I am currently playing around with:
    • Bristlewood Buck x 1
    • Soaring Eagle x 3
    • Changeling Rock Warrior x 3
    • Vine Wolf Golem x 1
    • Camp Cook x 1
    • Courier Eagle Companion x 2
    • Mushroom Giant Warlord x 2
    • Briarwood Ninja x 3
    • Bullseye x 1
    • Driver DoD x 1 (the variety that can switch places with allies or move when a foe is played)
    • Lazi x 1
    • Giant Toad x 1
    • Sneakiness x 1
    • Thorns x 1 (for playing Chuck a Mug or One Foot in the Grave on turn 2 or 3 or Extends Claws or Return to Sender on Turn 3 or 4; can also be used on turn 4 for playing kitchen cleanup plus chuck a mug)
    • Kitchen Cleanup x 1
    • Frost Claw Swipe x 1
    • Rain of Arrows x 1 (this is in here mainly for Briarwood Ninja to increase his chances of a powerup on defense to destroy an extra opponent creature).
    • Someone Your Own Size x 2 (this is mainly for Courier Eagle Companion especially when zapped).
    • Chuck a Mug x 3
    • One Foot in the Grave x 2
    • Sprint x 2
    • Extends Claws x 1
    • Return to Sender x 1
    • Digging for Treasure x 2
    • Easy Money x 1
    • Scatter Shot x 2
    • Straight Shot x 2
    • Sport Shades x 2
    Total cards 45; Average flip rate 2.5

looking good archer

Yep, exactly. I also noticed 5 cost 4s are a bit too much, maybe we can do like 2 ninjas, and 2 warlords? And add in a couple more bucks? Your new version looks more promising than the older one.

Ok how about this? It'll work better (my style):

Bristlewood Buck x 3
    Soaring Eagle x 3
    Changeling Rock Warrior x 2
    Vine Wolf Golem x 1
    Camp Cook x 1
    Courier Eagle Companion x 2
    Mushroom Giant Warlord x 1
    Briarwood Ninja x 3
    Bullseye x 1
    Troy Azureshield (When you play me, all your ready allies hunt without zapping, would be awesome with a warlord + 3 scored cards, has helped me win a lot of games)
    Lazi x 1
    Giant Toad x 1
    Sneakiness x 1
    Thorns x 1
    Kitchen Cleanup x 1
    Rain of Arrows x 1
    Someone Your Own Size x 2
    Chuck a Mug x 3
    One Foot in the Grave x 2
    Sprint x 2
    Extends Claws x 1
    Return to Sender x 1
    Whisk Wing Boots x 2 (I noticed that sometimes you need to move Courier Eagle, this would help)
    Easy Money x 1
    Scatter Shot x 2
    Straight Shot x 2
    Sport Shades x 2

45 cards. Dont know flip rate, will try it when I log in game later. This is just a rough version I made with just looking at cards. Let me know your suggestions.
    Last edited by Anuraag; 10-09-2010 at 03:04 PM.

lol yep anuraags way is always good lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast