Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Orthuss is offline Pro Gamer

Icon5 Ambrose Worchester Deck?

It's another deck I've seen around, and I don't exactly know why it's so effective, but it is. Can someone please post one, and explain the chaos playing style to me? I know how much order decks are getting cliche, and I want to change to a different sphere. You may choose any cards you want. (except exclusives, I only have one Rock Toss)

FR Names - Orth (Pixie Guy Main), Kanji Tatsumi (Human Guy Alt)
    Guess who's back? Back again?

Robertgalehaven is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: Ambrose Worchester Deck?

ok well a really good chaos deck in my opinion is a high flip double blue gem ambrose deck. You see, i never Ever use red so ive never used it, but i know how to make one. It looks something like this:

Creatures:
    3- Robgoblin Burglars (gets plus 3 attack with two blue gems, the pointofthedeck)
    3- Frostfang Cubs ( Gets plus 3 defense, dont have to use them, just an option to have cost 1 guys who get attack and defense)
    3-Zargolots Essence
    2- SRS archeologists
    1- Ninja fairy companion ( two blue gem equals possible score card)
    3- Ambrose Worcesters
    2- Shifty the shufflers (has two blue gems on it
    1- Bry (has two blue gems on it)
    3- Banshee Bosses

Tricks:
    3- Hold Em' Down
    3- Bear Hugs
    2- Shuriken Tosses
    2- Come Get Somes
    1- Sneakiness

Resources:
    2- Spiked Bracers
    3- Mushroom Rings
    2- Intimidations
    2- Good Times
    3- Cautions

Total cards 44, average flip idk cause i diodnt build it yet, but i am sure its pretty high
    I didnt exactly see the cards, I just built this deck from my head
    Hope this helps! Good luck!

oh and if Pappy Franum has two blue gems on him, definatley use one or trwo of him

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

What makes an Ambrose Worcester deck effective is Ambrose's ability to ready himself when any of your creatures crush, which allows him to hunt up to three times a turn just by having him and two allies attack. If your opponent avoids his column, use Shifty and score extra when hunting.

The below is one of my newer tournament winning high flip versions of a combined Ambrose/Steam Engineer deck. As far as I know, nobody besides me has made a Steam Engineer or Ambrose deck quite like this one.

Creatures: (18)
    3 Angry Yeti
    1 Frostfang Cub
    3 Zargolut's Essence
    2 Animal Smuggler
    2 Ambrose Worcester
    2 Steam Engineer
    1 Archnos
    1 Captain Chugug - good for swapping a creature in your hand for an Ambrose or Steam Engineer in your discard pile; if attacking you can then immediately put said Ambrose or Steam Engineer into play using Hold 'Em Down.
    1 Shifty the Shuffler
    1 Banshee Boss
    1 Mushroom Giant Boss

Tricks: (17)
    2 Hold 'Em Down - works especially well for interchanging Banshee Boss and Mushroom Giant Boss, which is good for you either way.
    2 Inspiration
    1 Send Help - use this with Steam Engineer in play, a zapped resource or two, and inspiration
    3 Shuriken Toss - use this to supplement your attack value when using Storm of Hail as needed to cause crush; also useful for putting four gem and double blue gem cards into your discard pile.
    2 Sneakiness
    1 Come Get Some
    2 Briarwood Standoff
    2 Spin Attack
    2 Storm of Hail - use this for any creature that needs a double blue gem to increase your chances of getting your powerup (and to draw two cards when you when the battle)

Resources: (10)
    2 Cleaning House - use this with creatures such as Angry Yeti, Zargolut's Essence, and Animal Smuggler in play in early game or with Steam Engineer in play in late game.
    2 Driller - use this with Steam Engineer in play for his chaos allies for some zaptastic fun
    1 Intimidation - use this in late game in combination with Steam Engineer for extra chances to ready creatures - this makes every creature a potential Ambrose; works well with Archnos for multiple hunts and card draws.
    2 Digging for Treasure - use this in early game to discard four gem tricks you won't use right away, such as Spin Attack and Briarwood Standoff and improve your shuffle.
    1 Floren Toss - use this on defense with Steam Engineer in play
    1 Mushroom Ring
    1 Sudden Strength - use this on offense with Steam Engineer in play

Total cards 45, average flip 3.0, 29 double blue gem cards which gives you a 66% chance of getting a double blue gem card for creatures that need it or 90% when using Storm of Hail, 4 single blue gem cards, also has 27 at least single green gem cards, which is a helpful flip for Steam Engineer or Animal Smuggler, and 14 at least single yellow gem cards which is a helpful flip for Mushroom Giant Boss.

Secondly, I have below another Ambrose deck that is made without using rare or uncommon cards that was an inspiration for the above deck. It is also tournament winning.

Creatures: (17)
    2 Angry Yeti
    2 Mad Fungaloid
    3 Zargolut's Essence
    3 Vine Wolf Companion
    3 Ambrose Worcester
    1 Bry
    3 Shifty the Shuffler

Tricks: (15)
    2 Bixie Stick
    3 Inspiration
    1 Rooted - works well with Vine Wolf Companion for an extra card draw
    2 Shuriken Toss - use this to supplement your attack value when using Storm of Hail as needed to cause crush; also useful for putting four gem and double blue gem cards into your discard pile.
    2 Ice Nova
    1 Frost Claw Swipe
    2 Spin Attack
    2 Storm of Hail - use this for any creature that needs a double blue gem to increase your chances of getting your powerup (and to draw two cards when you when the battle)

Resources: (10)
    1 Caution
    2 Intimidation
    3 Digging for Treasure - use this in early game to discard four gem tricks you won't use right away, such as Spin Attack and Inspiration and improve your shuffle.
    2 Game of Hide and Seek
    2 Mushroom Ring

Total cards 42, average flip 2.8, 23 double blue gem cards which gives you a 56% chance of getting a double blue gem card for creatures that need it or 73% when using Storm of Hail, 11 single blue gem cards, also has 23 at least single green gem cards, which doesn't matter too much except for Vine Wolf Companion when it loses a battle.
    Last edited by Archer; 10-25-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Hmmmmm Really good decks Archer and Robert!
    I'm going to try these decks hopefull for the next tourney!
    But rest assured that I'll be back..........becasue Choas always fails

mark, i built you a deck just like this called Robert's double gem ambrose, or something like that

Arghhhhhh man I just got pawned using Archer's deck!
    Although it's not his fault Its just the player I was playing they always seem too have rubbish Decks yet they are the 1's who easily beat me!
    I mean the player I was playing had 140 cards In the Deck and a multi sphere as well and they still beat me it just Stinks!

i know mark, that just SUCKS, its even worse to lose to a starter deck though......

Archer is offline Amateur Gamer

If you are playing it right in early turns, when your creatures get creamed, you will draw a lot of cards, hopefully allowing yourself to make a comeback, presuming you are using the version with 2 Cleaning House, 3 Angry Yeti, and 2 Animal Smuggler. Using Animal Smuggler, hopefully you can grab some of the creatures that just got creamed and put them out again so you can draw more cards when they get creamed again.

If you are using the version with 2 Mad Fungaloid, it is strongly recommended that you do not put out the Mad Fungaloid for hunting only for attacking, because they will almost never survive defensively. In that version, also try to save your tricks for use with Vine Wolf Companion so that you draw a lot of cards.

Also, an optional change you can make to the deck is adding 1 or 2 Bear Hugs. These are useful when your bigger creatures get attacked so that you can get the crush bonuses later on your turn when you have something still alive to attack.

You may just need some practice developing strategies playing the deck. Now there will be occasional times when you lose, but generally with this deck (particularly the Steam Engineer version), when you lose it will happen quickly.
    Last edited by Archer; 10-26-2010 at 12:28 AM.

Yeah I understand I'll try it out a few more times.
    Its just some Players just throw overwelming Tricks in just 1 turn and with choas its kind of hard to fight back!
    But I'll add a couple of Bear Hugs and see how that works out!
    Ty for the tips!