Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scar Soria is offline Explorer

Icon8 The Old Combat System

The Old Combat System... ahhh... so wonderful... I know there has probably been many threads in the past about it... but ya know... the old combat system really was the best of what FR had... The two things that I want to keep is the "ultimate technique", and the real-time combat instances like in Sunstone Valley or during the invasion on Shrouded Glade. Other than those, I want everything back to what the old combat system was... It was definitely A LOT MORE FUN It took more skill and strategy back then, rather than now when Combat Items don't really matter anymore. All that matters now is whoever has the BETTER GEAR... and that's no fun...

Before; the newbies could have chance to fight(only a little chance but still) even against the highest level player if they were prepared enough, the attack animations of your weapons and the enemies' weapons would actually CONNECT with the character models instead of a melee enemy now hitting you from distance before they reach you, and the Ranged job classes such as Wizard and Archer actually had the ability to attack from a distance, rather than getting hit by a melee enemy once or twice before they even reach you. The combat is also very empty... as in, not fulfilling... When you stun an enemy, they're supposed to stay stunned for at least 3 seconds, not just attack the moment they get up or they stop flinching... Vice versa when the enemy stuns you. Everything in the old combat system mattered... but now... it's just the gear... The PvP combat was a lot more fun too. Rather than going up to some random newbie, challenge them, and One-hit KO them... And you had 4 different skills for each combat job. Example, Ninja: Could use a Shuriken attack, a Claw attack, Smoke Bomb stun, and a single(but very strong) Shadow ninja. All skills are unlocked by Level requirement. Not only that, you could upgrade each skill's effect time, damage, and (for Shadow Ninja) amount of time that he is active and how much damage he can do. Of course each skill has a limit of how much you could upgrade as all games(or most games) do.

Since the combat system changed, it was The One Major system of the game that kept me playing it, since it's been changed, I rarely come on anymore... So, I hope that there are others who read this think and believe in the same way I do.
    Kira Yamato: The Ultimate Coordinator

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: The Old Combat System

First of all, many people have said this and SOE refuses to listen to them.

Second, this belongs in the "Suggestions" sub-forum, within the "Inside Free Realms" section. This sub-forum is for FRI suggestions and rules only.

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

I thought ninja had 2 Shadows Ninjas appear, like the Shadowblade does now, and the Claw Attack was called Dragonstrike. I have been busy researching Old School Combat based on my previous experiences. I do agree that the newer Combat System lacks fun and importance of different Shard Combinations and what not, But If they were to update it again completely, then we would miss this Version, and so on. But I wouldn't mind a few changes, Like Team Dueling or something, Where multiple people can be on teams and have a PVP War. That would be very fun.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Kelvin64 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    I thought ninja had 2 Shadows Ninjas appear, like the Shadowblade does now, and the Claw Attack was called Dragonstrike. I have been busy researching Old School Combat based on my previous experiences. I do agree that the newer Combat System lacks fun and importance of different Shard Combinations and what not, But If they were to update it again completely, then we would miss this Version, and so on. But I wouldn't mind a few changes, Like Team Dueling or something, Where multiple people can be on teams and have a PVP War. That would be very fun.
    I wouldn't miss this version. They can't possibly make it worse.

...They can't, right?

GriffinSilentgulf is offline Master Gamer

I like the newer combat system, but I really like the real time combat. That was a great addition.

mewpix100 is offline Explorer

three shadow ninjas appear.

nanisbad is offline Explorer

Misses the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin64 View Post
    First of all, many people have said this and SOE refuses to listen to them.

Second, this belongs in the "Suggestions" sub-forum, within the "Inside Free Realms" section. This sub-forum is for FRI suggestions and rules only.
    Meh... I didn't really look as in, where to post this, all I saw was, "rules and suggestions"... but still, If there was an option to "move" a thread such as this, to another sub-forum or forum I would do it to prevent any criticizing(such as now), that would be a great addition just in case for mix-ups like this, but it would probably take a lot of work to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin64 View Post
    I wouldn't miss this version. They can't possibly make it worse.

...They can't, right?
    Hm... They made the regular non-member jobs into membership required, right? .-. I thought this game was supposed to be, "free-to-play"? They could possibly change the combat even more... which I hope doesn't happen... Unless it's for the better

Quote Originally Posted by zachpuppy View Post
    Zach, the old school Ninja had one Shadow Ninja, that could take on a couple of enemies by itself. If they updated this New School Combat System, to be more interactive and strategic or basically, just better. I would not miss this Combat System at all... The system itself is very "buggy". I notice that stun attacks will not work most of the time, even on the most basic enemies. You are not properly stunned when you should be. You can hit enemies that are completely behind you(with weapons that don't have AoE), and in Sunstone Valley, you'll be in Combat areas but the combat does not initialize making you complete invincible to any enemies. If it's meant to be like that, then everyone is going to be able to acquire items, gold, and exp without an effort or without help, and they'll reach Level 20 in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast