Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Utrex
  • 1 Post By Zyonmkxq
  • 1 Post By Loopylady11
  • 2 Post By FIRECAT6
  • 2 Post By FIRECAT6
  • 1 Post By Layla Littlenymph

Title: More non-member priviliges without the SC.

Utrex is offline Explorer

Default More non-member priviliges without the SC.

SOE is constantly making SC and member-only items. They should make non-members have cool priviliges other than the events! Like, members have the ability to trade in TCG, they have much more benefits, the Pirate's Plunder, but non-members have very simplistic things in for them. I think SOE should make a fun thing for non-members to do other than the trading in Seaside, housing, trying to find countless ways to make money and most of all, wishing they had money to get SC.

*I'm glad they made Sunstone Valley and it's cool things.*

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Default Re: More non-member priviliges without the SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrex View Post
    SOE is constantly making SC and member-only items. They should make non-members have cool priviliges other than the events! Like, members have the ability to trade in TCG, they have much more benefits, the Pirate's Plunder, but non-members have very simplistic things in for them. I think SOE should make a fun thing for non-members to do other than the trading in Seaside, housing, trying to find countless ways to make money and most of all, wishing they had money to get SC.

*I'm glad they made Sunstone Valley and it's cool things.*
    Like making the following jobs completely F2P "free to play" Blacksmith, Brawler and Miner, meaning you can now level them all the way to max (level 20). It is also rumored that upon expansion of Sunstone Valley they might be allowing 2 additional jobs to be completely F2P.

I do agree they need more non-SC content but obviously nonmembers can not have all the advantages a member has otherwise there would be no incentive to purchase membership (which is a measly $5.) And instead of arguing that nonmembers should get more features (because honestly within 2 months of membership you can get 100% completion of the game) we should argue that $OE should be releasing new content period.
    Layla Littlenymph likes this.

Loopylady11 is offline Amateur Gamer

They're getting a little better as Zyonmkxq stated in the previous post. It was a sad day when they made a lot of the jobs that you didn't need membership for members only. A few more jobs for those with no membership would really be fantastic, and would certainly let many players play the game longer.

But thats just my opinion.
    chase123456tan likes this.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Agreed with Loopy, also I think they should bring back Pet Trainer and it should be available to all players not just members. I have some suggestions for new jobs but I am reserving them for a later time. I plan on eventually doing a series for youtube of all the accumulated suggestions I have... Whenever I have time that is. XD

FIRECAT6 is offline Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonmkxq View Post
    Agreed with Loopy, also I think they should bring back Pet Trainer and it should be available to all players not just members. I have some suggestions for new jobs but I am reserving them for a later time. I plan on eventually doing a series for youtube of all the accumulated suggestions I have... Whenever I have time that is. XD
    YEP YOU ARE RIGHT

FIRECAT6 is offline Explorer

For one point they did have a little non-member surprise. The toxic dragon ride didn't have it's membership lock on it, and at the time a bunch of non-members got rides but I guess Free Realms made a mistake and made it back to member's only but I agree. Even though I'm a lifetime member, I know what it's like to be a non-member and see all the members enjoying fancy clothing or VIP or stuff like that. But maybe one day they'll make a non-member only program so non-members and non-VIP-members can enjoy themselves. I'm sure something surprising is on the way though

I strongly agree that SOE should make more non-member items/content.

They have always been excluding non-members, and I think it is fair that there is a special program from non-members of Free Realms.
    I know there will be something in the future that SOE will add, whether it will be a Non-Member Program, or unlocking more items to the non-members of Free Realms.
    Even though I am a Lifetime Member, I strongly feel all the non-members because I was once one too.
    Prince Chaos
    Spoiler: show
    Prince Chaos's Shoppe (WIP)

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

It's something of a fine line between what will encourage F2P players to stick around long enough to possibly be encouraged to buy membership, but will not DIScourage them from buying it because they already get so much for free.
    I purchsed lifetime membership shortly after it came out, with SC purchased during a double SC event (I'm a tightwad), but I played for several months as a non-member, so I get where the OP is coming from.

That said, I actually think SOE has struck a fair balance (with small exceptions). The game can not be advanced or continued without positive cash flow, and it's a little hard for F2P players to claim they are not getting their moneys worth. I think they are getting quite a bit for what they pay, and it is the paying member that makes that possible.

There are however a couple of changes I would like to see that I think F2P players would enjoy.
    First, I agree that there should be a level cap on most jobs, but I do NOT think there should be a lockout on that job once it is maxed. If free players could continue to do combat with a level 4.999 Archer instead of no longer being able to combat as an Archer at all, they would likely stick with the game longer.
    Second, An SC item should have like value to members and free players alike. Free players pay slightly more for TCG boosters than I do (no members discount), so I think they should get the same value that I get. In other words, they should be able to trade the cards they buy. If you can't trade cards, it takes the T out of the TCG, does it not?
    Third, I would like to see an expansion on items for non-member use. It is very dsappointing to have an inventory full of newly earned SV items that can not be put to use. I guess this is SOE's way of demonstrating the value of membership, by allowing you to have it, hold it, but never ever (until you pay) use it.

I still think that F2P players get a lot of game for zero investment, but SOE could probably gain more P2P members if they would tweak the free benefits up enough to keep free players hooked longer.

Miracolatore likes this.
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>