Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Jobs Part 2

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Jobs Part 2

Non Combat Jobs

Lumber Jack

This would be a non combat job similar to the Miner or Fisherman jobs. You could level up from cutting down trees, removing stumps or completing quests. Leveling up would grant you the ability to cut down new trees. Different types of trees would spawn around Sacred Grove and you would be able to cut them down using a hatchet or axe and collect it's wood. Similarly to the Mining job, while collecting wood you would have a progress bar displaying the time required to perform the task. Some examples of trees that could be chopped down would be, regular tree, oak tree, willow tree, maple tree, elm tree, pine tree, yew tree, cedar tree, and fir tree. If you use the same scalling as the Blacksmith and Miner jobs then only 5 types of tress would be necessary. The wood collected from cutting down trees would be used in recipes for the Blacksmith job and for the suggested Carpenter job below. Also these tress may contain "bird's nests" as rare drops. Looting a bird's nest may reward a player with collection items or leveled clothing for the Lumber Jack job. It can also be similar to the Miner job where you can mine ore and obtain gems as rare ingredients used for Blacksmith recipes however instead you obtain rare ingredients used for the Carpenter or Tailer jobs. One example could be a pheniox feather used to create a feathered head dress with the Tailer job.

Equipment

The Lumber Jack job could wear a variety of safety equipement like hard hats, padded boots and gloves, ect. It would be a sort of blend between the Blacksmith and Fisherman jobs in terms of clothing style. The weapon slot could have a variety of axes, hatchets, shovels and maybe chainsaws. The misc. slot could have a variety of kerchiefs or tool/utlitity belts. The maxed level equipement should be some sort of blend between the maxed level equipement of the Blacksmith and Fisherman jobs in terms of clothing style.

Carpenter

This would be a non combat job similar to the Blacksmith job. Similarly to the way you currently have Blacksmith "crafting stations" which contain a furnace and an anvil, you would have Carpenter "construction" stations that would have a sawmill and a workbench. You would activate the sawmill mini game to cut/prepare the wood gathered from the Lumber Jack job similarly to how you smelt the ore gathered from the Mining job. Then you would activate the workbench mini game to craft housing objects such as tables, chairs, bookshelves, etc.. similarly to how you would smith objects with the Blacksmith job. However I think the workbench mini game would better resemble the Chef mini game. For example you could have a stage where you turn a screw with a screw driver, hammer in nails with a hammer, saw wood to desired lengths using a saw, etc.. This would be the primary way to level up the job along side with quests. The Blacksmith and Mining jobs could also provide a role here by supplying finished marble or stone to be crafted into sculptures or statues to be placed in the player's owned housing lots. Alternatively, these mini games would also be offered in the game guide window for players to be able to level up this job without acquiring the necessary resources needed for the recipes but they will not be rewarded the finished item at the end similarly to the Blacksmith and Chef jobs. A player could obtain the resources by purchasing them in the coin shop or collecting them manually through the suggested means provided above. If a player does acquire the necessary items for completing a recipe then they will be rewarded the finished item upon completion of the mini game. These created items would be able to be placed in the player's owned house or sold to other players or to the coin shop.

Equipment

The Carpenter job could wear a variety of safety equipment like hard hats, padded boots and gloves, etc.. It would be a sort of blend between the Blacksmith and Miner jobs in terms of clothing style. The weapon slot could have a variety of saws, power saws and drills. The misc. slot could have a variety of tool/utility belts. The maxed level equipment should be some sort of blend between the maxed level equipment of the Blacksmith and Miner jobs in terms of clothing style.

Basketball Star

I see a lot of dual jobs that complement one another. For example, Demo Derby and Kart Racing. Miner and Blacksmith. Fisherman and Chef. But there is no second job to complement Soccer Star. Soccer Star just feels left out as the only sports themed job so I thought about adding a second sports themed job so that it would be a pair like many other dual complementary jobs. This one is really not that complicated. Basketball Star would essentially be Soccer Star just with a basketball instead. You could put a basketball court somewhere in Sacred Grove where you can choose to do free games to earn stars and level up or complete quests just like the Soccer Star job. Alternatively similar to the way the Kart Racer and Demo Derby jobs share the same track locations, you could add a Basketball court option to the already existing Soccer field in Snowhill. There would be a few different npc teams to play against, each team would consist of three npcs or in your team's case, one player and 2 npcs. You would dribble the ball when it is in your possession and the opposing team would be able to perform "stealing" techniques similar to the way you can perform a "tackle" in the Soccer Star job. You would be able to circumvent these attempts with evasive maneuvers also present in the Soccer Star job. There would be power ups and a "charged attack" to perform a powered dunk, basically all the same features that the Soccer Star job has. Equipment would basically mirror that of the Soccer Star job as well with athletic apparel and Basketball jerseys sporting your team's colors.

Default Re: Jobs Part 2

Part 2

Musician/Rock Star

This job idea was inspired by the Feeling the beat mini game. Currently the Feeling the beat mini game really does not serve much of a purpose, it is used in a small handful of quests and achievements but nothing more. My idea would be to create a freestyle job where a player would enter a mini game where they would have to play notes on a single instrument or perhaps multiple instruments simulatenously or in turns while keeping the beat. You can elaborate off of the already existing mini game or create entirely new mini games. Perhaps by leveling up you would unlock new instruments to play via mini games. For example, level 1 is drums, level 5 is guitar, level 10 is keyboard, etc. However the Musician/Rock Star job does not necessairly have to be primarily instrument themed. This could also mean singing on beat where you must remain in different pitches to complete the mini game. For example, similar to the way you must trace conductor lines to a beat in the Feeling the beat mini game you could trace lines corresponding to octaves while singing or chords on a music sheet when playing an instrument. Ultimately you can implement this idea many different ways, thoughts of games like guitar hero come to mind for inspiration.

Dancer

To complement my Musician/Rock Star idea I thought it might be a good idea to suggest a Dancer job. You would level this similarly to the Musician/Rock Star job by dancing to a beat. Maybe you will have to press keys corresponding to moves performing choreography while on a stage or combos of keys to perform more advanced movements. Maybe you
    will to perform movements using your mouse corresponding to moves to manipulate your Dancer. For example moving your cursor in an S formation will preform one move while moving your cursor in a W formation will preform a different move. Perhaps the mini game style will be similar to that of the Feeling the beat mini game where you must trace lines to a rhythm to perform movements. Just like my Musician/Rock Star idea you can implement this idea many different ways. I have noticed that there is an unreachable festival tent in Wugachug, by unreachable I simply mean that you can not go inside of it yet. I had the idea that you could start the quest line for the Musician/Rock Star and/or Dancer jobs there. The tent could have an advertisement sign outside baring the message that they are looking for new talent and it could be a place to hold auditions as an introduction to the job.

EDIT: The recent Hero's Journal expansion has finally made use of the festival tent in Wugachug in a quest which is not repeatable so while the tent now has a function, it still not very interactive. I believe that my idea of it being used as an audition tent can still be implemented despite this update. It does not necessarily have to conflict the Hero's Journal quest line.

Default Re: Jobs Part 2

Credit goes to Zyonmkxq, the original thread can be found here:https://forums.station.sony.com/free...at-jobs.39535/