Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Collections

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Collections

Collections

Keys

Okay, so I have noticed that there are key collections corresponding to a chest in most of the major towns in the game. Once a key collection is completed you are rewarded with a "master key" that can open these chests which contain a colored clothing set usually themed after the town containing the chest.
    For example the chest in Black Spore Swamp yeilds a set of black exploration clothes. However not all towns contain one of these chests. My idea is to create new key collections and chests for the remaing towns that do not currently have a chest. Like the already existing chests, these collections once completed should yield a set of clothes with colors themed after the corresponding town. To make this idea even easier to implement, all you would need to do is recolor the clothing sets rewarded from the other already existing chests.

For example:

Merry Vale (Yellow set) Retextured Briarwood or Black Spore Swamp set
    Wugachug (Red set) Retextured Briarwood or Black Spore Swamp set
    Shrouded Glade (Green set) Retextured Snowhill or Memorial Caverns set
    Sacred Grove (Blue set) (not an actual town) Retextured Snowhill or Memorial Caverns set

Jobs

There are 11 jobs in the game that have a maxed level item set but only 9 jobs have a maxed level item for the weapon slot. (Postman also does not have a maxed level item for the weapon slot but it also does not have any equipable items in that slot at all so it is not worth mentioning for the time being.) The only two jobs that do not also have a maxed level item for the weapon slot are Chef and Miner. My idea is to create a maxed level item for both Chef and Miner to be equiped in the weapon slot and for it to be obtained by completing a collection. The Chef job could reward a level 20 flying pan and the Miner job can reward a level 20 pick ax.

You can go about this two different ways. The first option and probably the easier method would be to just add a maxed level item reward to an already existing collection. Therefor if you already had that collection completed you would automatically be rewarded with the item. The second option would be to create a new collection to be completed for each of these two jobs that will reward a maxed level item for the weapon slot upon completion.

Blacksmith

When you complete all of the Chef collections you are rewarded with a Mystery Cake that you can place in the consumable slot that will cause a random effect once eaten. When you complete all of the Miner collections you are rewarded with the Mystic Summoning Ore that you can place in the consumable slot that will create a random ore at your location to mine once activated. However there is no equivalent of these two items for the Blacksmith job. My idea is to create an item for the Blacksmith job that you can place in the consumable slot that will create either an anvil or furnace at your location once activated. You would be rewarded this item by completing a collection.

You can go about this two different ways. The first option and probably the easier method would be to just add a this suggested item reward to an already existing collection. Therefor if you already had that collection completed you would automatically be rewarded with the item. The second option would be to create a new collection to be completed for the Blacksmith job that will reward this suggested item for the weapon slot upon completion.

Sun Stone Valley

When Sun Stone Valley was first released I was disappointed by the lack of new collections. It seems to me that there is has so much open area with very little to do in it. I had the thought of adding "area specific collections" similar to the mushroom collections in Briarwood or the fossil collections in Black Spore Swamp. These collections would include new flora/plant collections, insect collections, etc. and a new type of collection called robgoblin scrap piles to replace their robgoblin junk pile counterparts in Sacred Grove.

Here are some examples of each:

Robgoblin scrap piles

Scrap metal/parts
    Metal fragments
    Nuts
    Bolts
    Gears
    Washers
    Rivets

Insects collections

Butterflies
    Beatles
    Dragon flies
    Moths
    Worms
    Scorpions

Flora/Plant collections

Catctus
    Ferns
    Shrubs
    Herbs
    Moss
    Vines
    Weeds

Archaic collections

Ancient Egg Fossils
    Ancient Artifact Pots
    Ancient Artifact Tools
    Ancient Artifact Weapons
    Ancient Artifact Shields
    Ancient Artifact Utensils
    Ancient Artifact Tablets
    Ancient Artifact Scrolls

Aquatic collections

Starfish
    Coral reefs
    Crabs/Hermit Crabs
    Lobsters
    Conches
    Pearls
    Barnacles
    Clams
    Oysters

These new collections do not have to be limited to the Sun Stone Valley area. They could also be added to Sacred Grove but I figured it would probably be easier to just create new counterparts to already existing collections rather then add these onto the already long list of possible obtainable items. For example, leaf piles that can be looted for insect collectables already have over 50 different possible obtainable items. Rather then adding more insects to the list I think it would probably be easier to say create insect mound spawns in Sun Stone Valley that can be looted for the new insect collections. This is just one example of creating Sun Stone Valley counterparts to Sacred Grove collectables.

Comic book collections

Unfortunately since the Free Realms comics are no longer in print there is no way to complete the comic book collections and therefor no way for new players to be able to get 100% completion for colletions. This means assuming a player has completed every other collection in the game, they will still have 4 unstarted
    and uncompleted collections. My idea is to sell virtual copies of the comic book collections in the SC market place. Once redemed a player would be able to read the comics similarly to how you can the short comic "Rise of skullz" that is obtained during the introduction to Sun Stone Valley. You would simply go to the consumables tab and equip a comic into a quick slot and then activate it to read it.

For example:

The physical comics would also come with redemable item codes for players to obtain unique items. These items should come with the virtual copies as well. Once a player has pruchased a virtual comic the corresponding item that would have come with the redeemable item code for that issue should be automatically placed in the player's inventory. According to wikipedia the selling price per issue was about $4, this would mean that the sum total for purchasing all 12 comic book issues would come out to be $48. Since a player is not obtaining a physical copy of the comic but instead a virtual copy merely for the purpose of completion, I think the prices should be lowered to $1 per issue. This would allow a player to complete the remaing collections for $12, a reasonable offer in my opinion.

The Free Realms comic collections are as followed:

Free Realms Comic Book Issues 1-4

Issue 1 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 2 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 3 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 4 Certificate of Authenticity

Free Realms Comic Book Issues 5-8

Issue 5 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 6 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 7 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 8 Certificate of Authenticity

Free Realms Comic Book Issues 9-12

Issue 9 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 10 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 11 Certificate of Authenticity
    Issue 12 Certificate of Authenticity

Instead of having to purchase all 12 issues individually I think they should be bundled according to collection. So they would appear in the SC market place as followed:

Free Realms Comic Book Issues 1-4 for 400 SC.
    Free Realms Comic Book Issues 5-8 for 400 SC.
    Free Realms Comic Book Issues 9-12 for 400 SC.

A grand total 1200 SC for all the Free Realms comic book collections.

Update
    : I had another idea for awhile now but I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to submit it but after seeing the support for my thread I decided that I might as well go for it. I start my idea off with a question: Who here is familiar with Animal Crossing? Well you see Animal Crossing is a game with many collections much like Free Realms and a nice feature in Animal Crossing is that there is a Museum that you can donate your collections to be put on display. Another feature in Animal Crossing is that you can also put your collectables out on display in your owned house. For example, let's say you have caught a pretty butterfly, you could take the butterfly out from your inventory and display it inside a glass box as if it were a pet. Now why is any of this relevant you ask? Let me explain.

I have two ideas. First, perhaps there can be a Museum somewhere around Sacred Grove (I would suggest nearby the zoo above Lakeshore) and when you complete collections they are added to the Museum as exhibits to be displayed. Each player would only be able to see what collections/exhibits that they have completed themselves, so you would not be able to see my Museum's progress and I would not be able to see yours. And upon completion of all the collections/exhibits you will be rewarded with a great prize!

My second idea is that an additional reward for completing collections would be items that you can display in your house. For example, upon completing all the insect collections you will receive an ant farm display case to place inside your house or for completing all of the archaic collections you can get a display case with a dinosaur skull inside, etc. Neat little trinkets to decorate your house and show your friends some of your achievements.
    Last edited by Egg Zachly; 12-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Egg Zachly is offline Banned

Default Re: Collections

Credit goes to Zyonmkxq, the original thread can be found here:https://forums.station.sony.com/free...8/#post-410463