Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

wlangacker is offline Explorer

Icon2 zooming of view

Every once in a while my "camera" view zooms all the way in or all the way out. This is especially irritating when in a battle. I am unknowingly pressing a combination of keys, but I can't figure out which ones. (BTW, I have Vista.)

Is there a feature where you can change the zoom? I had a zoom feature for this for a short time, but x'd it out and haven't seen it since, and can't figure out how to get it back. That same day I also was able to view my collections in a more organized way (not just alpha).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Lady-Succubus is offline Pro Gamer

Default Re: zooming of view

Quote Originally Posted by wlangacker View Post
    Every once in a while my "camera" view zooms all the way in or all the way out. This is especially irritating when in a battle. I am unknowingly pressing a combination of keys, but I can't figure out which ones. (BTW, I have Vista.)

Is there a feature where you can change the zoom? I had a zoom feature for this for a short time, but x'd it out and haven't seen it since, and can't figure out how to get it back. That same day I also was able to view my collections in a more organized way (not just alpha).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    You can scroll up or down. Alternatively, you can press esc, then click on options, click on game options, and enable the navigation panel / window option. (I don't have the game on this computer and I'm at school so I can't check what it says exactly.)

Also your name bothers me. Does it bother anyone else?

eyra

I'll give it a try. Sorry my name bothers you. I didn't know we had to put avatar names on the forum. Newbie thing...

I'll give it a try. Sorry my name bothers you. I didn't know we had to put avatar names on the forum. Newbie thing...
    Nono you don't. The name is fine. it just looked weird. What does it stand for?

xD

I don't have my avatar name on the forum.

eyra

tjburford is offline Master Gamer

Sometimes, if you are near an obstruction, the camera will react a certain way because the wall is in the way of the camera.
    Thomas Silverstep: just don't accept lemon ice from the yetis
    Shingo: oh yeah
    Shingo: i've heard they been selling those to the noobs

Quote Originally Posted by tjburford View Post
    Sometimes, if you are near an obstruction, the camera will react a certain way because the wall is in the way of the camera.
    Oh yes. Forgot to mention that. The camera usually doesn't like looking at you through something. If you back up against a wall, the camera will zoom all the way in. If there is a pole between the camera and your character, it will zoom in so that its just in front of the pole.

That doesn't explain why it zooms out all the way randomly though. Are you accidentally moving your scroll wheel?

eyra

The name doesn't 'stand' for anything, just a name. As for the instructions, they were helpful. I've been in the "exit" screen (as I call it), but I haven't looked at any of the new options for a while. Thanks for the nudge to explore.

The name doesn't 'stand' for anything, just a name. As for the instructions, they were helpful. I've been in the "exit" screen (as I call it), but I haven't looked at any of the new options for a while. Thanks for the nudge to explore.
    lol welcome

And welcome to FRI, btw. I hope you like it here. I think you will

eyra