Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title: Wii help

TechDeck14 is offline Master Gamer

Default Wii help

I have three problems with my wii/discs.

1. When I put in Guitar Hero Legends of Rock it lets me start it but then it takes me back to the Wii menu.

2. I enter Guitar Hero Aerosmith then I click start and right after it says "The game disc could not be read." "Please check the operations manual." Something like that.

3. I try to play some games but then it won't let me play, like it shows the screen but it doesn't let me move (I use a different controller and it works) (It lets me pick the games just doesn't let me play them)

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by TechDeck14; 07-05-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Aedc is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Wii help

Yeah, my wii does that too with a lot of games. It could be cus there's a scratch on the disc. But none of the discs I have have scratches. I've called Nintendo a few times and none of the fixes they have work. It's some sort of glitch with the system. A few of my friends have the same problem. A lot of Wii players say it's like the Red Ring of Death for X-Box except not nearly as severe. Hope that helps!
    "The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." -Gil Stern

Quote Originally Posted by Aedc View Post
    Yeah, my wii does that too with a lot of games. It could be cus there's a scratch on the disc. But none of the discs I have have scratches. I've called Nintendo a few times and none of the fixes they have work. It's some sort of glitch with the system. A few of my friends have the same problem. A lot of Wii players say it's like the Red Ring of Death for X-Box except not nearly as severe. Hope that helps!
    Are you talking about number 1 or 2 or both?

Zachster96 is offline Master Gamer

It sounds like the disc reader is messed up or something. Or maybe the disks just have a bunch of scratches or something I dont know.
    Zach Aurahero
    <Insiders>
    [My Twitter account]

Quote Originally Posted by TechDeck14 View Post
    Are you talking about number 1 or 2 or both?

Both... I have the same problems. Especially number 2.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

I don't think it's the discs that are the problem, unless the same issue arises with every copy of that game. I have plenty of discs that have hundreds of scratches on them (not my fault) and they work just as well. Issue #2 arises on occasion, but then I just clean it like a dish (dry thoroughly) and it works just fine. Sometimes it's just plain broken beyond repair.
    I'm just saying that I have had discs that worked just fine no matter how bad their condition, so it may be an issue with the game itself or the console.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    I don't think it's the discs that are the problem, unless the same issue arises with every copy of that game. I have plenty of discs that have hundreds of scratches on them (not my fault) and they work just as well. Issue #2 arises on occasion, but then I just clean it like a dish (dry thoroughly) and it works just fine. Sometimes it's just plain broken beyond repair.
    I'm just saying that I have had discs that worked just fine no matter how bad their condition, so it may be an issue with the game itself or the console.
    Yeah it's definately the console. And mayeb the games too. Cus I just tried the games he mentioned and they did the same thing on my system. If you Google it there's a lot of people with problems like that. Sometimes it's even when you get to a certain point in the game it stops working. Like before that spot it works perfectly, and same with when you skip it. Mostly it's people with the first wave of Wii's that came out. All my friends that just got theirs are fine. But my friends that got the console when it just came out ar having the same problem. And you just gotta love Nintendo's customer support!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPlayer View Post
    So, what could the problem be with #1?

Austin Auranymph is offline Amateur Gamer

This has nothing to do with free realms!
    Loading............. DONE.

this will sound strange but true. i bought a brand new van halen before it came out and as soon as i got it i played it and it froze before i got it started. i used a cloth to polish it and it left so many swirl and scratch marks not even a profesional cd buffer could get it off so i tried to play it and ive never had a skip or freeze problem since. i think it may be some new games have a coating to keep it in condition longer and some games get to much and dont work corectly untill its slightly removed
    "Proto Man" cant spell it without pro and cant spell it without o man

Summer Bash Party!!!! CHECK OUT THIS LINK -------->
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ad.php?t=20629

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast