Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nate is offline Master Gamer

Default What's the prob?

I asked SOE what the system requirements are, and then they said
    Your computer will need to have the following hardware and software to play Free Realms:

One of our suggested video cards.
    Intel Pentium 4 or greater processor
    Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system
    Broadband internet connection
    512 MB RAM

We recommend you have the following hardware and software to get the best experience playing Free Realms:

GeForce 6 or better video card
    Intel Pentium 4 or greater processor
    Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system
    Broadband internet connection
    1 Gig RAM

So I checked mine! I actually have twice the better system I need! So I tried to run everything up graphics, texture, shadow quality etc. It played in slow-mo! Now what's the prob?

Penguin Master is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What's the prob?

????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After the Sharp Eyed Jay and The Roaring Lion,Peace Will Come On Dove's Gentle Wing.

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

That is an excellent question, Nate. I have a Hewlett Packard that is way over the stats you have listed and I have to lower my graphics all the way down and I still have problems with freezing.

I think in my situation it has to do with my graphics card not working properly. It is integrated on to my motherboard for one thing and those apparently don't work as well as one that is separate. It overheats very easily and I have to keep my computer really clean and in a cool area.

If you want my real opinion on my computer purchase then I would have to say that the computer isn't able to do what it is supposed to do, what it was advertised to do but after weeks of trying to work with Hewlett Packard customer service I am apparently stuck with my purchase even though it doesn't do what it should. It seems that HP Customer Service thinks that I just should not play Free Realms.

I will never buy another Hewlett Packard product EVER!

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

1. I had to boost my RAM up from 1G. FR techs suggested it was tight and, when I checked performance under Windows Task Manager, they were right!
    2. Since the beginning of the year, Java has a Quick Start feature that is a Real Hog! IT was visibly slowing my Windows Explorer when I looked at file directory. You can turn it off by going to the Java control panel under MISC.

IT'S TRUE!!!! Sorry...I heard that it was HORRIBLE! I don't get the problem! MY dad showed me my system specs (he has a masters degree in computer science) and my system was twice as better! So he said that it's a problem with Free Realms' servers or they're connections. Let me elaborate! By connections I mean that when my internet tries to hook up with FR's main system it has to go through a couple of stages, my laptop, then my Internet service, then all the way to San Diego then to FR! I can almost bet you that the each employ's salary is more than 100,000 dollars per month! But do they spend that on upgrading, or getting better staff? And by better staff I mean nicer....I got a ticket replied with Why not?! WHAT'S THE MATTER!!!!

Sarah Noblemind is offline Master Gamer

The settings are so high, you'd basically have to have a super computer to make it run normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Noblemind View Post
    The settings are so high, you'd basically have to have a super computer to make it run normally.
    So your saying that the Referees have super computers? Cause I saw that vid! It was on high! Yet working smoothly!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    So your saying that the Referees have super computers? Cause I saw that vid! It was on high! Yet working smoothly!
    Well, you can put it that way. I just meant computers that were extremely well made (and expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Noblemind View Post
    Well, you can put it that way. I just meant computers that were extremely well made (and expensive).
    What are you talking about?! I got my laptop for 8k! It has everything! (and more ) in computer technology!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    What are you talking about?! I got my laptop for 8k! It has everything! (and more ) in computer technology!
    $8000? Then I truly have no idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast