Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title: What?!

beautimus1 is offline Master Gamer

Default What?!

Ok there was this dude on FR speaking Spanish and I had absolutely NO IDEA what he was saying! I was like "What?!" during the whole conversation! Isn't there a translator or something to help me with this?!
    My first crush was in 1st grade...Dun remember who, but it was probably one of the Wiggles or something xD
    -Princess Claire, aka my crazy yet lovable sissy (:

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: What?!

I think if you go to your chat settings and choose your languages, you will see what languages you will see. If it is selected, un-select Spanish and any other language you don't understand. All the chat in those languages will be translated to English. Hope this helps!
    Allons-y.

I tried that and when I brought it up only English was selected...maybe the dude was speaking that on purpose...i really don't know and what does ridicolo mean?
    My first crush was in 1st grade...Dun remember who, but it was probably one of the Wiggles or something xD

TheFlyingTurtle is offline Master Gamer

Hmm, I would try what Rain said, but if that didn't work, I don't know what will.
    IGN: James Bigpeach

No, as far as I know there is no translator. He probably ended up choosing the wrong country for the language. Now, I thought you couldn't peak spanish on English FR. I thought they would block it out.
    "All I wish for is the night sky."
    ~Gar

Surflight is offline Master Gamer

There is this one SOE person that speaks spanish. Was his name in pink?

No his name wasn't in spanish...

Autumn Roselake is offline Master Gamer

People can speak many languages in FreeRealms. I've seen several. There is no translator. SOE has Spanish, French, German and Japanese speaking ambassadors that i know of. Maybe more idk. If you don't understand them, do what you would do in real life. Be polite and move on.

This is another aspect of FR I love, the exposure to other world cultures directly...and this is totally a compliment, no sarcasm at all.

I think many kids have yet to be exposed to different world cultures and if ppl are speaking in a different language it's one of two things....they either dont speak english or arent speaking to you to begin with. Your best bet is as Rose says....be polite and move on.
    =)
    "I'll get you my pretties!"

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

I have run into Spanish, French, and German speaking players in the TCG. I don't need to speak their language to play cards.

A Spanish speaking player I played against in the TCG ran across me in the realms last week. He said "Hola card girl" and then sent me a group invite. We spent a couple of hours running dungeons together. We had no idea what we were saying to each other, but we managed to have fun anyway.

As Autumn pointed out; there is no translator, but who needs a translator to have fun?

Adios,
    Layla
    Layla Littlenymph <Mystic Mayhem>, Lolita Litlenymph <Nymphs of Mania>, Wednesday Addamsfamily <Insiders>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast