Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Seirre is offline Newbie Explorer

Default A Way to Move Free Realms?

Hey I'm looking for a way to move my free realms to a different hard drive... if that's possible. My husband has C drive specifically for the operating system so there's no room for much else.

My daughter really wants to play but runs out of room quickly for new installs....

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: A Way to Move Free Realms?

Well, to move the actual information, I would guess you would want to move the folder. The location depends on your operating system.
    For Windows XP, you'll want to head into My Computer > C Hard Drive (I think) > Program Files > Sony Online Entertainment. You may want to transfer the entire Sony Online Entertainment folder, just in case. Other operating systems will likely follow a similar path.
    If you're looking to simply change computers, the game automatically installs the files if they aren't detected on a computer/laptop. I'm assuming you're looking to move it to an external hard drive, though.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, so I'm not sure if it will work, but I'm not a very technologically literate person anyway.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

There's a very old thread on this somewhere. I did it for a while - moved it from my C drive to my E drive - but it was way too much hassle when I had problems and needed to submittt a ticket as in "well, there's your problem!" or "We can't troubleshoot....." I would guess the thread is 6 to 8 months ago and I'm not sure if it's here or on ZAM

qwert is offline Explorer

It is possible.

Seirre is offline Newbie Explorer

I saw that thread. That way seems to be obsolete now... the folder and file it's talking about are no longer in the directory... guess it happened with an update.

And posting "It is possible." isn't quite helpful. I'm asking how I can do it so my kid can play, not talking hypotheticals.

KarenSouldancer is offline Explorer

I think the best way would be to uninstall it and then reinstall it to the new hard drive.

To uninstall, go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
    Find Free Realms, and click "Change/Remove"

I don't know if the uninstaller deletes everything in the folder, so I would back up your screenshots if you have any.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

I also don't know if the installer would let you reinstall on anything but the C drive