Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Default Videos in Free Realms

Hey, everyone!
    I had some questions about taking videos in Free Realms. For a while, I have been considering recording a video. Then, I want to edit it, and maybe even add some music to it. So, here are my questions:
    • How do I take a video in Free Realms?
    • How do I edit it?
    ¤ How do I edit it to where I can change colors/type commentary/put effects on it?
    ¤ How do I put music on the video?
    Feel free to say suggestions as well because I may have missed some things. Any information is helpful than none at all.
    Thanks a bunch!
    ~ Celestina(: <3

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Videos in Free Realms

Taking a video would require a video recording program.
    If you're lucky enough to be able to use the Free Realms Video Capture feature and have it work, you can use that. It should be a tad to the left of the log out button/minimap. If it's not, make sure it's enabled in your Game Options > Video Capture. Click the arrow to begin recording and then the square to stop recording. I believe you can save the file without having it uploaded to YouTube.
    Other [free] programs you can use include Fraps, Hypercam, and Debut, but all require downloads and are not as simple to use.

Editing will require a video editing program. Unfortunately, Free Realms doesn't have one of these available for you. Some [free] programs include Windows Movie Maker and VideoPad Video Editor (available for download once you download Debut). Changing colors, adding commentary, applying effects, and adding music should all be available to you in any or most video editors; just take a look around at your options.

I can't guarantee you'll understand how to use any of the programs, though. Some of them can have rather technical options.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Inua is offline Master Gamer

Another rep point for you, RP! =^w^;=
    Each Event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

Ivis is offline Explorer

RandomPlayer, you are correct -- the video is saved without the need to upload it to YouTube - the files that are created when 'shooting' a video are written to the hard drive during creation (assuming one is using the in-game video recording function).

The trick is tracking them down after they have been made, since there is no option to save the file in a specified directory or folder. The video can be given a name, but will be written to the default location (should be something like: (for Win7) \\users\<whateverYourUserNameIs>\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Free Realms\Videos) Princess, that's where you'll have to look if you wish to edit the video further.

It should also be noted that movie files can be quite large, with the file size depending on the resolution one chooses to record. There is also the possibility of an increase in lag (as far as user control) while recording, so a less beefy graphics card might cause some chunkiness in the recording. I have not tried to make a video of any great detail in this game, but those particular issues seem to be common across most video capture situations.

In addition, there might be some format issues, etc. etc. depending on exactly how far you wish to go -- but, hey, we're here for you; You run into an issue, or want to know how to try something? Ask away!

<3 -i

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Oh, wow, thanks, RP and Ivis! Wonderful information! Rep for both of you.

bannafan is offline Explorer

i am having problems too all i know is that you can click capture video, and put it on movie maker thingy sorry ^^: