Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dawn73
  • 2 Post By Kayopuro
  • 1 Post By The Flaming Trident

Title: Unable to Make Avatar Picture

Eclípse is offline Explorer

Default Unable to Make Avatar Picture

Okay so I tried following both options for making your avatar picture on here and didn't work for me...The one where you copy and paste and put into a document and upload it to your computer I did that but when I tried to submit it for the picture it said it was an invalid file and I noticed at the bottom it said NOTE: Pixels must be 125x125 and I do know how to make the pixels on my picture from the document smaller...? Please help, I am lost.
    *Mwahh

Default Re: Unable to Make Avatar Picture

I meant do not know how to make the pixels smaller
    *Mwahh

Ijaz is offline Amateur Gamer

Try tinypic or something? not sure.
    ._.

This is so hard and confusing :I Its is just when I go and upload the picture to submit into this page it says Invalid file....not sure why
    *Mwahh

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

I WILL HELP OK -editing geek- lemme type dis up

EDIT:
    Note: If it's easier for you, I can just make one for you, but if you'd like to learn a bit here ya go!:

I use paint almost everyday so,
    1. Is it a animation avvie or no?
    2. If its just a plain pic avvie, follow steps below

WARNING AFTER YOU RESIZE YOUR PICTURE AND THERES A REALLY REALLY WHITE BACKGROUND AROUND IT JUST PRESS CROP IT'LL REMOVE IT (If you don't it'll mess up your pic)
    -Ok so, first open Paint (I believe every PC has one already installed. If you have a Mac, tell me & I'll revise this) Go to the Start button> Search Bar> Type 'Paint'> Double Click > Wait for it to open

-Go to upper left corner in Paint, the little blue button that has a arrow pointing DOWN, Now I assume you have for picture you want as your avvie already saved. so Go to Open> Locate your saved pic > Double click
    -Then it will appear, IF its much too big for you to see the whole pic, Click resize @ top left, Then where it says Horizontal, Enter a number like 80, same with Vertical, If you cant see it still keep repeating this step, try putting in lower numbers, like 50, til it appears.

-Once you can see your whole pic, Is it a rectangle? If it is, BLAH NO CAN DO. You will need to crop the pic to a somewhat square shape. Size doesn't matter right now JUST getting it to the square shape So, Click Select> Then click on a spot on your pic, then drag til you've selected the spot you want and its a square (DOESN'T NEED TO BE PERFECTO), once you like it, release your mouse button and click "Crop" & It'll crop that into a square for you.

-Now it's just easy! (: Now, your problem you say that its too large right? The setting they put on there, This: Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Is talking about ANIMATION AVATARS. Standard regular avvies I make are 165x156.

-So, you have your square picture. Now, Go to the "Resize" Button again. BUT THIS TIME ITS A BIT DIFFERENT. At the top of the lil window that pops up, it has a little bubble with "Percentage" Filled in with a blue dot, Click on the dot with "Pixels" & it'll change your little box settings you got there. THEN UNCHECK "Maintain Aspect Ratio"

-Now, for Horizontal enter in the number: 165, then for Vertical enter in the number: 156 Press ok and your done! Save it!

I hope tht works o_x If you don't know how to upload on here I have instructions on my editing thread:
    http://www.freerealmsinsider.com/for...ns-open-63037/
    Last edited by Dawn73; 10-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    TheWonder likes this.
    Narwhales. Bai.

Kayopuro is offline Master Gamer

You're avatar has to be 125x125 or smaller, you can do this by going to Pixlr and cropping or resizing. Then it should work.
    Moi4eva and ashfr like this.

This ends on a good note.

People online: 1
    Bots online: 4,349

The Flaming Trident is offline Master Gamer

I prefer doing the copy/paste image URL thing.
    If your avatar is from Google Images, if you click the image this black box that has all the info about the image comes up. If you click the dimensions (150x150 for example) it will redirect you to a page that has the same image in bigger or smaller sizes. The image doesn't have to be exactly 125x125. I think 200x200 is the actual limit, but no more than that.

If its a custom avatar then just follow the instructions from the posters above.
    ashfr likes this.
    "This forum is now closed and read-only" - No one ever

Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ijaz View Post
    Try tinypic or something? not sure.
    Tinypic is for getting links off of pics custom made. Ex: A link is needed to upload a animation avvie sometimes.
    Narwhales. Bai.