Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Title: Trading 101

Brett Firemumbles is offline Master Gamer

Default Trading 101

I would like to know what are the right sequences to use the trading window in game to prevent being hornswoggled (I'm not using the "sc_ _" word, lol).

Last night, I was at Tanglewood Fort. I would like to switch my beret for another color, and the other player agreed.

In the trading window:
    Trader 1: I put my midnight blue beret first

Trader 2: He then put his sandrift beret

Trader 1: I clicked the "check" button

Trader 2: There was a short pause.

Trader 1: I immediately cancelled the trade altogether, because of his hesitation as well as the possibility of him removing his beret from the trade window, and then he would click the check button, resulting to me being bamboozled, lol.

Trader 2: He was pleading me to trade with him again; otherwise, he will let people know I am
    a "sc_ _ mer."

Trader 1: I just ignored him, lol.

My question is, to prevent bait-and-switch, who clicks the "check" button first, Trader 1 or Trader 2?

I have done multiple trades thru this forum using the trade window, but I didn't pay attention about the right sequences since most of the peeps here are trustworthy. Vortex showed me the right steps long time ago, but I forgot, lol.

Thanks.
    IGN: Brett Firemumbles - Any server will do... Just port!
    Follow your folly. Mine is playing "Free
    Pay Realms." - Anonymous (:

Lindei is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Re: Trading 101

I almost got scammed this way too.

So yea, I would like to know as well.

IMO, it should be like in TCG, where you both first accept and then confirm.
    IGN: Lindei

Selling TCG Boosters 100k Crimson Moon Animations

Paulina Ambermace is offline Master Gamer

You didn't have to cancel the trade when he hesitated. If he did take the beret off, you'd have to click the check mark again.
    And it really doesn't matter who clicks it first. You just have to wait a few seconds to confirm. For example, a scammer may put one item on, leave it for a few seconds, then take it off and put another one, repeatedly, until you click when the scammer will give you nothing.
    Or a scammer may put what you want, then put a bunch of crafting/battling things and take off what you want.
    The point is, wait a little before you click.
    "You may not like him, Minister, but you can't deny.. Dumbledore's got style."
    -Kingsley Shacklebolt

@Lindei: I agree, it would be nice if trading window is similar to TCG's, where you could confirm and finally accept the trade.

@Paulina: Thanks much. I could have given you rep but I "must spread some Reputation around before giving it to" you again.

JesterGirl is offline Master Gamer

Usually, if a player removes an ITEM then you have to re-click on the Check mark to re-confirm the trade and should hopefully not be sca--ed that way. But I have been sca--ed before when a player suddenly removes COINS and they click the check mark, unfortunately it seems theres a glitch that allows them to remove the coins and confirm, and you're left helpless to stop them as you watch them walk away with your coins. I have been robbed this way several times, and because of this i prefer to only trade coins with other trusted players i meet here on FRI. I love you guys! c: you guys know who you are. I love trading with people on FRI because, with the exception of a few bad apples, everyone Ive traded with from FRI has been honest and trustworthy. and once a player agrees to a trade in the Free Market, they rarely change their mind, unlike the wishy washy players in game who can't decide whether they want to trade or not (even if it was them who suggested the trade lol)
    It usually doesnt matter who clicks the Check mark first, however if the persons acting shady i would say let them click Check first, since i have seen alot of players doing that thing where they put the item on trade, wait for you to put your item on screen, then they try to remove their item at the same time they think you'll be clicking Check and then they have robbed you of your item. It is unfortunate things are this way, I have earned all my rares and vaults with hard work. It is much more gratifying that way, to know you earned what you have. The people who steal from others, then want to parade around wearing stolen items, should be ashamed of themselves.

IGN: Twigs
    (Formerly: Twiggy Jade)
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

AmazinKat is offline Master Gamer

I always made the other person click first just in case. If they said no then I wouldn't trade because they're probaly just trying to sc__ (Dunno why we're blocking the rest but I'll go along) me. If you trust the person then you can click first, I normally don't click first unless I trust them, like an FRI player...
    Thanks Jaiyden & Lindei for avvie & siggie.

neoshifter55 is offline Amateur Gamer

just wait for him to aceept first

Usually, if a player removes an ITEM then you have to re-click on the Check mark to re-confirm the trade and should hopefully not be sca--ed that way. But I have been sca--ed before when a player suddenly removes COINS and they click the check mark, unfortunately it seems theres a glitch that allows them to remove the coins and confirm, and you're left helpless to stop them as you watch them walk away with your coins. I have been robbed this way several times, and because of this i prefer to only trade coins with other trusted players i meet here on FRI. I love you guys! c: you guys know who you are. I love trading with people on FRI because, with the exception of a few bad apples, everyone Ive traded with from FRI has been honest and trustworthy. and once a player agrees to a trade in the Free Market, they rarely change their mind, unlike the wishy washy players in game who can't decide whether they want to trade or not (even if it was them who suggested the trade lol)
    It usually doesnt matter who clicks the Check mark first, however if the persons acting shady i would say let them click Check first, since i have seen alot of players doing that thing where they put the item on trade, wait for you to put your item on screen, then they try to remove their item at the same time they think you'll be clicking Check and then they have robbed you of your item. It is unfortunate things are this way, I have earned all my rares and vaults with hard work. It is much more gratifying that way, to know you earned what you have. The people who steal from others, then want to parade around wearing stolen items, should be ashamed of themselves.

I do agree with you, Twiggy. I love trading with people here in the FRI site. When I post a trade here, it feels more secure since there are a lot of witnesses, lol. Most of my trading transactions are done thru the FRI Free Market Forum almost 99%, the rest are done thru TCG posted trades. I hate haggling. I don't like live trades in TCG.

@Kat and Neoshifter: While the trade window was showing, with the 2 items being traded; I was sending him messages thru the chat box, "you click first, then I will click second," but he did not budge. So, I cancelled the trade.