Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dawn73 is offline Master Gamer

Icon7 Tips, Tricks, and Guides to Opening A New SUCESSFUL Shop! Every Shop Owner & Beginner Should Read This! :] [Guide #1]

Hey Guys!!!! Im making a guide to having a sucessful shop in the free market! Many people have trouble selling and have a hard time. So im here to help! :] This guide should really help beginners and people who already own shops! Lets get to it!

I have a few sections. So scroll down a see which one is right for you! BTW you can trust me i have had very sucessful and not so sucessful shops! Haha! And i have gotten over a million coins several times ^-^! Start your studying! xP

Attachment 45384

Spoiler: show
    This section is for starters. As in they are GOING or THINKING about opening a new shop. Now there are some useful tips and tricks to opening a shop!

1. Everyone loves cool titles, graphics and editings! So make a cool first impression! For instance, these cool glowing titles above. They look pretty and attract people, you can make those at glowtext.com also cooltext.com, fun and easy and many choises to choose from!

2. MAKE SURE you have enough items to actually put in a store i would recommend around at least 25-40 items to start with. If you want to take a risk go ahead! If you have even more items, great! You'll have good sales the more you have!

3. You must you must you must!!!! Section Properly! If Every item is just bundled up its hard to find a certain item someone is looking for and they just give up! Make a section for hats, shirts, pants, shoes, misc etc. just by pressing the enter button and typing! I mean its just that easy!

4. Do not over load your shop the first time! First start with a section you have most of, if you have more combat gear than regular clothes then you should make it a combat gear shop at first. if your sales start to drop and barely no one is buying anymore then you should add a NEW section! Like TCG & Combat gear or adventure, mystery chest etc. DONT do EVERY SINGLE section at first you will have no sales later on!

5. Try to pay attention more and be organized. The best rule to have is First Come First Serve! That way it will prevent arguing! If someone isn't replying back on your thread send them a PM or VM! Check back daily or so on your shop.

6. Have color charts if your using the names like: Ocean, Honeydew, etc. without a color chart some people dont know what color that is! so they wont buy. All you need to do is to copy and paste this little color chart onto your shop!
    Attachment 45385

7. Be nice and have fun and be creative with your shop! Take a risk sometimes! And BEFORE you open a shop make sure you have PRICE RANGES CORRECT! If you need something price checked go to the price check area in the free market. But if no one replies after a day or 2 come to me :] (i dont really know about boys clothes or vaults though)
    {I HAVE A GUIDE FOR PRICING GIRLS VAULTBERRIES CLICK HERE}

8. I really recommend checking out a couple shops BEFORE you even open! Professionals that suceed usually have a nice format and setting, like having everything sectioned and priced reasonable! I have a link at the bottom of this thread to my CLOSED shop that i am currently updating and renewing, also fixing and making it much more organized and pretty! Check it out! (sorry im like OCD sometimes XD)

9. GOOD LUCK! If your slowing business then BUMP IT UP!!!! :] If you keep bumpuing eventually people will see and come check it out ^-^! And you gottta be quick with orders! Usually around the first week you open you get around 5-6 orders in 1 or 2 days!

10. Also Tell your friends! and spread the word about your cool items in your shop or your updates!

Hope this section helped you! If you need more advice feel free to keep reading!

Attachment 45386

Hey you! Alrighty hey pros! You have survived being pretty sucessful so far! :] So i got some tips for you guys!

1. Keep your shop updated! Add new items at least once a week! If you dont then your shop will start going downhill.

2. If you have trouble keeping up with all the stressful orders close for a couple of days, so you can catchup. Then reopen and close for a temporary time!

3. You should check out different shops at least once a week to keep bringing in new items for yur shop! Or you could go get some gear (from tanglewood fort) or trade with friends a couple times in a week! Yell at tanglewood fort, or look for some good offers there!

4. Keep up the good work! Doing great! And its also good if you close your shop for a long period of time maybe a couple of weeks or months. Mine has been closed for a while (i think 4 months now) but im still adding new stuff and renewing it up for a new nice style! A switch up in your shop is good every couple months or so! People like new things and ideas!

5. Need examples of new ideas? a link to my shop will be posted at the end of this thread so you guys can get new ideas! I love alot of my setting, if you guys are really bored of your shop's setting then you should switch it up!!!

6. Try to be quick with your buyers, be in the game asap when they are on so they do not have to keep asking you alot when you'll be on.

7. i wish everyone good luck on all their shops!!! BTW I really recommend just having ONE shop for all sections not having a old gear shop then a gear shop and a clothing shop. Its much easier to control ONE.

Attachment 45387
    This section is for people whos' shop was uncessful. Dont be sad be glad! (No nevermind dont...o_o) just a recap this section is kinda like the beginner section. but its combined with more tips!

1. Its not your fault! It may be because you didnt update it or didnt have that good of items. DO NOT SELL JUNK. I FORBID coin shop items in my shop you should too. Whats the point of going through a whole trade when you can buy it for like 10 coins more right there? No one wants to do that.

2. Close your shop for a while, open it up again when you have more variety of items, try weeding, farming, mystery chests and battling to have a good business.

3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I STRESS SO MUCH
    IF YOU HAVE HOLIDAY ITEMS. If you have just gotten them and they stopped like valentines day or christmas a week after that DOESNT MEAN "Oh yes now imma get a load of money for all this stuff!" NO. Everyone stocks up on holiday stuff!!!!! The smart idea is to sell them like 4-7 months AFTER the holiday. I still have christmas trees im waiting to sell. As you wait more and more the prices rise. dont wait til the week before it comes again! then everyone will wait. You can sell for WAY more later.

4. Yep. If you have a different problem that WAS NOT listed just post here and ask me! Or if i dont reply send me a VM/PM.

Attachment 45388
    Princess Celestina:
    Don't open more than one shop up at a time, especially if they contain most of the same things, and most definitely if you don't have the time and patience. Before you open a new shop similar to the other one you've created, be sure to close the older one down to prevent buyers from being confused. If the shops are different, and you decide to open more than one, be patient; this takes time. It may be overwhelming at one point or another.

Attachment 45389
    Alrighty! Thanks for reading my guides, Tips and tricks! Im pretty sure that helped alot of you, if it didnt and you knew everything woo hoo your a advanced professional!!! :] I really do hope all your shops will be sucessful and you can get every item you wish ^-^! Good luck and heres a link to my shop that is CLOSED for now. Please do not post on my shop thread but you may check it out and see all the cool graphics and formatting thank you all!!!! Post if you have a question or comment or if i helped you i love feedback!!! <3 Dawniez :]!

Attachment 45390

Click Below To a Link For My Other Guides!!!
    Guide #2 Getting Money Fast
    Guide #3 Girl Vaultberry Pricing

HOPE I HELPED!!!! CYA!

Last edited by Dawn73; 08-11-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Narwhales. Bai.

morgan twinkleocean is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Tips, Tricks, and Guides to Opening A New SUCESSFUL Shop! Every Shop Owner & Beginner Should Read This! :]

Great Guide

Tomorrow my shop is undergoing a serious update

Default Re: Tips, Tricks, and Guides to Opening A New SUCESSFUL Shop! Every Shop Owner & Beginner Should Read This! :]

haha thanks took me an hour to right all that :] yeah if you do updates that you put all your creativity and heart into itll attract more people
    Narwhales. Bai.

morgan twinkleocean is offline Master Gamer

Okie ^_^ -Puts heart and soul into Shop-

lol xDDD good good xP
    Narwhales. Bai.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

Something else you may want to add:
    Don't open more than one shop up at a time, especially if they contain most of the same things, and most definitely if you don't have the time and patience. Before you open a new shop similar to the other one you've created, be sure to close the older one down to prevent buyers from being confused. If the shops are different, and you decide to open more than one, be patient; this takes time. It may be overwhelming at one point or another.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

thanks ^-^ i will add that :]
    Narwhales. Bai.

Princess Celestina is offline Master Gamer

No problem.

Where you stop is where you start again.
    Celestina Corinne

Dawn, I have an avie and siggie shop and no one is ordering..I need help something to attract customers..Should I make better editing? Add glitter? IDK..I tried makeing shops but they don't work out. HELP!!
    *oh and this guide is awesome!! I'm bookmarking this xD*

crystal is offline Amateur Gamer

Wow! Great job! This is a great guide! *Goes to update shop*

Thx Aubrey for my profile picture♥

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast