Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

theinsomnianiac is offline Amateur Gamer

Default Techy-ish help for a lazy writer

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know of a way to either generate a list/access a file that lists all the stuff my characters own?

I only ask because I am trying to make a list of stuff I could trade/sell &, after many years of computer usage, I find I am loathe to sit & write out something so time consuming by hand

Plus, it would just be so much easier if I could see all the information in one place rather than having to go through each page of my inventory.

So, any ideas? All suggestions gratefully received
    (It's a long shot I know, but I thought I'd ask - otherwise I'll just keep thinking there must be an easier way & I'll never just get on with it )

Thanks in advance,

Take care,
    g.x

lolaya is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Techy-ish help for a lazy writer

Do you ever type?

Proud Leader of <Renegade>
    I have won 1 TCG Tourney and I have maxed all jobs!

Meagan Goldlight is offline Master Gamer

I dont think there is any way to find a list like that. You would have to find everything you have separately and make a list from it.
    The best way to find what you have is by looking in your players "backpack"

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Well, I suppose it would be possible, but it's beyond anyone's reach and probably a stretch.
    The game should have coding for each action and item there is in the game, as well as each character's data. If you could figure out a way to access the coding, you may be able to find a list of the items you have, though in a coded form. You could try asking a Referee, but I'm not sure they would take the time to do so or even have the ability to access the information, if it exists. There's also the issue that I'm not sure if this would be hacking or not.

Other than that, you'll have to type it up or just offer the item when someone is buying it.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

theinsomnianiac is offline Amateur Gamer

Well I did think it was a long shot but, like I said, I had to ask
    To be honest I wouldn't even attempt to ask a ref about it. It's only me being lazy after all.

Besides which you are right, it would be seen as hacking so I would probably end up in trouble just for asking. I mean, they wouldn't know if I was being truthful or if my intentions were actually more nefarious so they'd have to err on the side of caution wouldn't they. After all, if we could access that sort of game data I'm sure there are quite a few people who wouldn't hesitate to add a few items to their lists here & there
    Anyway, I guess it's back to the pen & paper again, - & yes I could type it, but I am very ocd about making lists, I have to make rough copies first, then make sure the items listed follow a recognisable order, then edit & format the list neatly & then I make the final version. (which in this case will have to be typed as the end result should be a list of stuff I am trading/selling)

So, I'd better go get on with it I suppose as it will probably take me quite a long time - & that will have to be spaced out between everything else I have to do
    Oh well, thanks for your help anyway
    Take care,
    g.x