Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kimiko suzuki is offline Pro Gamer

Default tcg decks............

how many cards do you think should be in a good tcg deck?
    i have about 115 cards in one deck and now im thinking thats too much..

Zac321 is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: tcg decks............

well i think the best amount to have is 30-40 cards in 1 deck.
    because adding too many cards with low flips or even too many cards of 1 type eg.resource or creatures etc,can really weaken your deck making it hard to get cards you need.
    my bet is to stick to cards with high gem numbers and get rid of too many 1s and 2s cards allowing your deck to get the best flip by using high gem number cards.

thanks zac.that seems like a good idea but i will have to wait until i get up to four or five cards in my resource pile before i can put any creatures on the board to hunt? wont that leave me far behind in the game?

Dawn Springlight is offline Master Gamer

there are some good tips on building decks in the TCG Deck building area, follow those and you end up with a fairly nice deck, around 40 cards in a deck is good, and try to stick with the same Sphere rather than mixing them too much. And I would actually add more one or two cost creatures, than the higher ones because as you pointed out it will take too long to get something to play if you have to wait 3 or for turns before you can play even one creature.

Sticking with the same Sphere will help you on getting gems on the flips.

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

It's best not to fill your deck with too many cards. Despite how many useful cards there are, if you get a very useful card at the very beginning and then it goes to the discard pile, it'll be quite a while before you can get it back.
    Low cost creatures are often best to use since they can take the field early on. If you have some powerful cards, however, you'll obviously want to throw those in. No matter what, it's highly unlikely for the Cost 1 Apprentice Smith, 3 attack, to defeat the Cost 6 Giant Toad, 7 attack; always have something powerful to defeat the opponent's powerful cards.

A good flip rate in your deck is always good, but if you follow the above advice, just a 3 gem average flip can be difficult to get. Most low cost creatures have a relatively low number of gems, as well as tricks and some resources.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Good advice from Dawn and Random. Ignore the first post. Anything less than 40 cards is not a legal deck. Most (successful) players use a deck of between 40-50 cards. Getting cards out early, in combination with good trick and resource cards will trump a deck full of high gem cards. I have a winning average and, two tourney wins with an average flip of 2.5. Take a good look at most starter decks. They have 40 cards. Half the cards are creatures; The other half is divided between trick and resource cards. They usually average around 6 lvl.1 cards for early play. There are other players better than I am, and hopefully they will post their ideas here. Untill then...Heres what my favorite deck looks like.

One sphere.
    48 cards. Avg.flip-2.5
    08 - Lvl.1 Creature
    04 - Lvl.2
    04 - Lvl.3
    04 - Lvl.4
    04 - Lvl.5 Hero
    12 - Trick
    12 - Resource

Most players use a slightly smaller deck. Perhaps thats why I have a winning average instead of a GREAT average. Study starter decks to get a good idea on how to construct your own, and follow Dawns advice concerning the TCG deck building area. I'm looking forward to playing you soon.

P.S. I love your avatar Kimiko! Sooo cute!

i agree with rp if you fill your deck up to much you could have a cost five monster a bunch of attacks and no resource or 1 coin cost cards you kinda have to balance your deck out between every thing but i usually put good low level cards and resources as the majority of cards then ill have attacks and then ill have my heroes and maybe some cost 4's and a deck should be around 30-45

Layla Littlenymph is offline Master Gamer

Am I missing something?
    Allow me to restate.

Less than 40 cards is not a legal deck. If you go to deck builder, it will not allow you to save or play a deck with less than 40 cards and yet; Two out of five posters have advised you to do just that. If I am incorrect in this, please feel free to demonstrate. If you can prove me wrong you will have my immediate apology.

Lots of luck with that.
    Layla

One sphere.
    48 cards. Avg.flip-2.5
    08 - Lvl.1 Creature
    04 - Lvl.2
    04 - Lvl.3
    04 - Lvl.4
    04 - Lvl.5 Hero
    12 - Trick
    12 - Resource

thanks layla this is really great advice! now i have some idea for how many of each trick,creature,ect..its going to be hard to cut 100 cards in half since i have so many favorites lol but i will try my best thanks everyone for your help

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by kimiko suzuki View Post
    its going to be hard to cut 100 cards in half since i have so many favorites lol
    As a fan and once-player of another, much more elaborate card game, I can understand what you mean. There are many cards that can prove useful in many situations. There is the small factor, however, to consider that how many times that situation will pop up depends on your opponent's deck, thus changing how useful that seemingly great card really is. This is easiest with NPCs since they remain unchanging, ever-constant. Not as easy with players, such as in tournaments, however, since their decks will obviously match their personality and such. Although, you can adjust your deck to oppose popular cards and such. For example, Extend Claws is a deadly Trick that immediately defeats its opponent; I have seen a card that prevents Tricks from being played anymore in the battle, though, a perfect way to prevent Extend Claws from extending. Obviously, due to its nearly unparalleled ability, Extend Claws is a very sought after card, as well as widely used (most likely). If you're in an important battle, that trick-preventing card may have just saved you a game.

To cut it short, adjust your deck to fit common and specific situations. This is where making multiple decks comes in handy.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast