Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Icon12 Taking pictures and videos in Free Realms?

I was wondering how you do this. Isn't there a special software where you can snap pictures and record videos of your computer screen and stuff? The video recorder on FR isn't great, and I can't figure out how to take pictures so I can make an avatar for FRI and stuff. Help?

Zadira Kindleriver is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Taking pictures and videos in Free Realms?

There are several programs that work but I like to use Frapps. There is a free version that you can try out but the complete version with all the bells and whistles costs about $35. It is really easy to use and I have had no problems with it at all.

Nate is offline Master Gamer

You need 10 posts I believe to have a signature and an avatar. So do the 10 posts first. Then you can use f12 on FR, it will take a screen shot to your FR folder. Check the imagecaptureoutput folder in your FR folder. As Zadira said use Fraps for both, it's pretty easy to use fraps!

Thanks guys!!

Rain Wolfheart is offline Master Gamer

It's pretty simple to take a picture. (I'm not sure about videos, but the program Zadira mentioned seems pretty good) You just need to press the PrintScreen button. It could be abbreviated to PrntScrn, PrtSc, ect. It's usually next to the F12 key. Anyways, you have to press that first. Then, open a program such as Paint (pre-installed on all computers with Windows) and press paste. There you go! Now you can play around with the tools to edit it. To save it, press the save button. It might be under File, it depends on the version of Windows you're using. Hope this helps! (:
    Allons-y.

brittbritt-178 is offline Amateur Gamer

From my expirience Fraps isn't the best quality. I've sended Red Cardinal a vm to see which program she uses for her amazing videos. (still no answer) From what i heard a program called Camtasia is highly used and liked. I've never used it though but the quality from what i heard is awesome . But you should read more reviews just in case your not scammed or get a virus. Also from the article i've read it says it takes up a lot of space. Unlike Camtasia, Fraps takes up little space. But when i used Fraps the hotkey wouldn't work so I would try Camtasia and if you don't like it just unstall it. I hoped this helped
    Lexi Cheery
    Live+Laugh+Love= Lexi :>

Mariana.B is offline Explorer

hyper cam! it records stuff - not edited - it screen records and takes snips!
    Danielle Violetcastle x]

diamond381 is offline Banned

o.o This is a really old thread Mariana.