Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Zalesana
  • 1 Post By Zimster
  • 2 Post By Elura
  • 1 Post By hhhenry

Title: Sunstone Supplies Becoming Too Rare?

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Icon9 Sunstone Supplies Becoming Too Rare?

Hi! It's Puppy here, I am confused on the Lack of Supplies in Sunstone Valley being dropped, i have no idea why I am not getting any Supplies except for the Occasional Tribal Necklace from one of our nice Lizard friends. I know that certain enemies drop certain supplies, But it is getting REALLY difficult to get Biker Badges and Drake Dust, Are you guys having the same problem? I think it is a result of the Biker farming that was going on at Launch. Does anyone know How to get these items more efficiently or is there no hope?
    Last edited by zachpuppy; 09-26-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: Sunstone Supplies Becoming Too Rare?

The best way to get these items is to charge into a group of enemies and pull as many as you can without dying. Since it's mindless work, I usually play music or watch tv while doing this to make the time go faster. I'm not sure if they meant to make it this hard to get the items, but it isn't impossible. 8]
    chase123456tan likes this.

Baybo is offline Master Gamer

You just gotta kill alot of people

True story!

zachpuppy is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Baybo View Post
    You just gotta kill alot of people
    That's not something you hear everyday. XD
    "I have the two qualities required to see absolute truth. I am brilliant and unloved."

Zimster is offline Master Gamer

Agreeing with you..
    zachpuppy likes this.
    "Don't cry because it's over: smile because it happened."

Elura is offline Master Gamer

I think they made the drop rate so low so the market doesn't get overrun with these new craftable items. I think where they made a mistake is making the recipes such a common drop that there is no demand for the items you can craft, but there is a high demand on the looted items that you need to craft them. The demand on the looted items is only going to be around for a short period of time though, because once everyone has these crafted items, no one is going to want to farm for the looted items anymore. I know that my main and my alt have learned almost every single of the same recipes, though I don't know if either of them knows all the available looted recipes. It is possible that there are some rare recipe drops that neither of them knows yet. I am hoping that is the case, as it seems there should be some recipes that are not so easily obtained.
    Zalesana and chase123456tan like this.

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

If I have to kill another Drake, I'm gonna start laying eggs!!! And I NEVER want to see another shiny again!!
    You shouldn't have to find and snuff 200 somethings just to get a thing done. This is NOT the definition of Fun! It's just tedium. Very Bad Design BAD SOE Bad!!
    chase123456tan likes this.

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

I dont know, its easy to collect everything besides drake dust. Tribal necklaces and robgoblin shinnys are extremely easy to obtain. Biker badges are alittle more difficult but still not that bad and honestly I think they have improved the drop rate for drake dusts. The only reason why drake dusts are so difficult to obtain is because nearly every world is crowded with people trying to obtain them so there is alot of competition.

Should they improve the droprates alittle more? Yeah, probably, but in a few weeks after the initial hype wears off these items will be in far less demand. The mobs will be less crowded to farm and players will probably be willing to give up their spares for abit cheaper prices. Although I have seen many threads that are already charging more then acceptable prices so really there isnt much to complain about.

Elura is offline Master Gamer

I don't know if their prices are really less than acceptable though, because you gotta figure how much time they are putting into farming those things up. I look at it this way: Is it really worth my time and effort? What would make it worth the time and effort to farm these items just to turn around and sell them?

It took me all of a night and day of non-stop farming to farm up 60 Skullz Biker Badges and 25 Drake Dust. (No, I didn't even stop to get some sleep.) That's like what, three 8 hour days worth of work? Think how many SC cards I could have bought if that were actual earnings. All I got for my efforts was 59500 coin. Was it worth it to me? Hardly, but I was charging less than what most people were for these items. After that run though, I decided not to sell the items anymore. If I'm going to be the one to farm these items, I at least want reap some kind of reward for it. I don't blame people for charging more.