Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Skyler Eaglesaber is offline Amateur Gamer

Default SC Archer Bows

Does anyone has a picture of the attacks? and also to comment on the bow as to which is more preferred.

Any willing party who is kind enough to display a picture or two?
    Last edited by Skyler Eaglesaber; 05-31-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: SC Archer Bows

This isn't an answer but some history (ancient history). Back before the December change, there were some serious SC weapons (e.g. the Stormbreaker sword) with serious effects available for each job except Archer. Before that, there had been for a short time a serious Archer bow but it was withdrawn as way too potent. One of these weapons was the Orbital wand and I have one. There is a new SC Orbital wand but it only reaches half or less of the potency of the earlier one. Lucky for me, Sony grandfatthered all those weapons I bought. They seem to be really good about doing that. I also bought some SC armor back when the max Def stats were puny. After December, all top level clothing was the same def and my SC armor got boosted to match.
    I think the take home is if there is a big change coming, get everything you might want NOW, whether its coin shop, SC, collection, levls completed. Sony is good about ensuring you won't regret it after the big change.

I looked at all the SC weapons and the sniper bow looks to be more powerful than anything I own. The Bullseye bow says it targets all opponents in a shot and the sniper doesn't but I think that comes with llvling up as Archer anyway. The sniper special attack does more damage (by a lot) than the Bullseye. I also think the name is a reuse of the old SC bow that was discontinued before I could buy it.
    Last edited by hhhenry; 05-31-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hhhenry is offline Master Gamer

Ok - bought it on sale and now I don't think it's more powerful than the Bullseye
    Visual Effects: Bow always has a laser pointer projecting from it about two feet. Special attack produces multiple red cross hairs on targets showing multiple hits

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

Spoiler: show

I personally have no preference toward either. I stick with my Bow of Firebomb.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

What is the Bow of Firebomb? Is it any better than the VR Bow? And if i could enquire, where was it to obtain the bow?

KarenSouldancer is offline Explorer

The bow of firebomb is available in the coin shop.

If using it against a single enemy, the special attack does the same damage as the regular attack I believe. However, when there are multiple enemies the special attack is magnified. It is quite hilarious to use against huge mobs...you can wipe out the nettleseed nests in Tanglewood fort in one shot.

Does it resembles one of the SC weapons?

What then is the most powerful bow for duel?

RandomPlayer is offline Master Gamer

The New School Molten Bow's Volcanic Rain (excluding the after-effect) does resemble the Firebomb's Super Attack; solely in appearance, however.
    For each enemy struck, the Super Attack strikes again. If ten enemies are struck, each is hit ten times. If one hundred enemies are struck, though I wonder if you'll survive that, each is struck one hundred times.

For duels, I personally veer toward the Bow of Blizzards (Coin Shop) or Balloon Bow (event weapon no longer obtainable except via trading). However, that's my style - to stun my foe to get a few un-retaliated shots in. For pure power, you may be looking for the SC Bows that have now been retired.
    Status: Quit FR since I never liked FR at all. Will probably not post anymore.

Tye_Swordprince is offline Amateur Gamer

Current available weapons in the same tier will do about the same damage. Sony has ensured that. Pick the one whose graphic you like the best, or with the effect that is most useful in your current battle.

I am in a dilemma selecting the "right" weapon for all my combat professions.
    Either to go for the special effect,dueling purposes, matching apparels or even for battles.