Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

trish19 is offline Master Gamer

Default SOE Web Installer crashing

Before this happened, everytime I hit Play Now, it would go to the launch screen but it wont actually launch.

I restarted my computer and it still didnt work. So I uninstalled it and when I went to the character profile, a pop up came up saying google chrome has stopped working. I closed it and a small title pop up showed up saying SOE web installer has crashed.

Same goes with firefox and internet explorer. I keep restarting too. I went to control panel and when I tried uninstalling the web installer, it said that it is removed but the installer is still on the page. I keep "uninstalling" it and it says the same thing but never removes.

Help?

----

Zalesana is offline Master Gamer

Default Re: SOE Web Installer crashing

You're not the only one having this problem right now. There was another person who said theirs wasn't launching either.. Mine wasn't this morning. I solved my problem by switching servers before hitting the "Play" button but it seems like your problem might be a bit worse if it's crashing. Did you try switching servers before hitting "Play" yet?

Yes, I did that before I restarted and all the mess happened but it didnt work.

----

Quote Originally Posted by trish19 View Post
    Yes, I did that before I restarted and all the mess happened but it didnt work.
    Hmm.. Sometimes all it takes is time to work itself out. Do you have any other computers you can try to log into? If I were you I would wait a day or so to see if it works and then send in a ticket. They know what they're doing and probably can help you. If you wanted to add SC for the double sc weekend, you should still be able to do that. 8]

All the computers in my household are currently used by my family members.
    I'll guess I'll have to wait. Thanks.

----

Quote Originally Posted by trish19 View Post
    All the computers in my household are currently used by my family members.
    I'll guess I'll have to wait. Thanks.
    Ah alright.. And you're welcome!

wlangacker is offline Explorer

Were you able to get your game to work? I have this problem as well. As soon as I log in, the game tries to load, but it doesn't make any progress, and I get a bar that tells me that the "SOE Web Intaller has crashed". I use Firefox, but I've tried it in Chrome, and no luck there either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I noticed that my Java wasn't up to date, and cleaned up that mess. I tried a few weeks ago to get help via a ticket, but they kept telling me that it was an ActiveX or anti-virus that was blocking it. I stripped it down so there was absolutely no protection, and it crashed just the same. I don't know what else to do, so any help would be appreciated.

Tried again to get this game fully installed. No luck yet. I don't fully understand ActiveX, but I'm wondering if it's being shut down because the certificate for the installer expired March of 2011. If that's the case, I'm still not sure what I'd need to do get this thing to work. I've even added Free Realms to my listed of trusted sites.

I'd get a new computer, if that doesnt work, take FR and everything off and put it back on (not everything, everything involving FR)

"No matter what, everything has a right to grow"

Trying a 2nd round with the help desk. If you're willing to fork over the cash, I'll get a new computer, lol. Seriously, I hope this gets resolved. It's been a very frustrating process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Bearforce View Post
    I'd get a new computer, if that doesnt work, take FR and everything off and put it back on (not everything, everything involving FR)