Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Title: Should I report this?

Zyonmkxq is offline Banned

Default Re: Should I report this?

You guys realize I play ALOT of mmos right? Most of which have the same rating as FR and very few have censors at all and the few that do are nowhere near as bad as the one on FR. Even without constant moderation or censorship the ingame chat of most games are usually preety good, you dont see people spamming obscenities over world chat. Sometimes you have an occasional troll but thats a tolerable consequence of having completely free speach. You see when you are treated with respect and maturity most people behave accordingly but when you treat someone like a kid they are probably going to act like one as well. The point is when you have a player base that over reacts to even the simplest of "choice langauge" then of corse $OE is going to treat everyone like they are four years old. People who go "OMG he just typed @$$, REPORTED!" is the reason why we have the ridiculously facist censor that we have. I wish they would take it away and if people complain I would just tell them to go play hello kitty online instead.

PirateJack is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonmkxq View Post
    You guys realize I play ALOT of mmos right? Most of which have the same rating as FR and very few have censors at all and the few that do are nowhere near as bad as the one on FR. Even without constant moderation or censorship the ingame chat of most games are usually preety good, you dont see people spamming obscenities over world chat. Sometimes you have an occasional troll but thats a tolerable consequence of having completely free speach. You see when you are treated with respect and maturity most people behave accordingly but when you treat someone like a kid they are probably going to act like one as well. The point is when you have a player base that over reacts to even the simplest of "choice langauge" then of corse $OE is going to treat everyone like they are four years old. People who go "OMG he just typed @$$, REPORTED!" is the reason why we have the ridiculously facist censor that we have. I wish they would take it away and if people complain I would just tell them to go play hello kitty online instead.
    You know its a good thing to have a censor people would just go crazy with out it if you don't like it maybe play another game? Because I like it.
    Done.

Ahliadre is offline Master Gamer

Good for you, Jack! I think you did the right thing.
    Thanks for thinking of others ♥Ahli
    IGN: Ahliadre

Element is offline Pro Gamer

We can't compare FR to any other games. Just because there are similar games that allow cursing, they are not FR. To me, cursing is not a huge deal or anything, but I appreciate that there is a game that does not allow it. If someone is really annoyed by the filter, they should just play a different game.

ashfr is offline Master Gamer

It's 10+ therefore the language is limited, the mindset you have is to only report them only when they a err... "nasty"(Not sure I can say it) word, but the other games with 10+ who allow such other language aren't right, Free Realms is for kids 10+ I'm pretty sure they're parents wouldn't want they're children to hear half the things they say in game, even if they hear it everyday.

xAuroraSweetskaterx is offline Master Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    We can't compare FR to any other games. Just because there are similar games that allow cursing, they are not FR. To me, cursing is not a huge deal or anything, but I appreciate that there is a game that does not allow it. If someone is really annoyed by the filter, they should just play a different game.
    I agree w/you Element. ^^

xAuroraSweetskaterx is offline Master Gamer

LOL The filter is good here It may block some words. Many kids would be pretty bad, I mean this generation is getting out of hand if you havent noticed, I think our filter is Ok but parents want their kid(s) to not speak bad words.

DespicableDani is offline Master Gamer

I'm happy we have a filter. I play games with around the same rating or higher. And personally, I rather play a game with a nicer community that doesn't go crazy with what we are allowed to say. Don't get me wrong, I believe that some words shouldn't be filtered, but its just for our safety online.
    My adventure ends here.

3daysgrace is offline Master Gamer

You see back when the filter wasn't so strict when fights came abroad people would, well lets just say as for the S word people would replace the I in it with a ! and they were able to say that curse word, I will admit at one time I was bad about saying a few of these here and there but I learned from it and now I Don't say them AT ALL! I have notice if you type proper grammer and things the filter isn't as bad, but when trolls come around and they try to insult people it filters half of what they say out (most of the time unless they find away around it). It just comes to the fact of people growing up, like I said in another thread, if people will just grow up and find other ways besides trolling online to have fun then we would all get along better, lets face it most not all but most players now are older. Especially if they played back in 2009. So basically what I am saying is people are just going to have to grow up (including me) and stop acting childish with being rude and stuff like that, Jack did the right thing by reporting this! Some people don't take it as bad as others and thats ok, but like everyone has said its a E10 and up OK, so yes the filter is going to be more strict!!! Sorry about the long lecture XD
    BlueVelvet likes this.
    "Stand up for what you believe in even if that means standing alone" ~Andy

BlueVelvet is offline Amateur Gamer

I'm glad you reported it Jack. A lot of kids seem to think bad words are impressive, when they actually make you look like you have a low IQ.
    When you think of most of the impressive speeches youve heard, how many include ANY of those words?
    You did the right thing
    "Who are you people?!?~~Patrick Star

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast