Play Free Realms NowJoin Free Realms Insider

AnnaCatwhisker is offline Pro Gamer

Icon5 Saving on GIMP

ok so i took a scrren shot and i edited it and everything using GIMP. i saved it but when i went to upload it on here as my avatar, it said it was invalid. so then, i went to my pictures and viewed it and the whole editing thing came up. How can i save just the picture not the whole editing thingy??

Default Re: Saving on GIMP

I too use gimp. I made my own siggy. After you edit the pic, I think you have to choose "Save As." You can use the same name or whatever, but be sure and save the pic as a .jpg. Gimp automatically saves it as a .xcf (I think thats the name) so you can continue editing later. The reason it reopend the whole editting process when you went into your pictures and clicked on the pic, is because its using Gimp as the temporary default program to open pictures with. To keep from opening it with gimp, right click and there should be an option that says "Open With.." Click that and then just choose the program you want to open it with. If Windows Gallery is an option, I think that is the one that's most often used as default. Hope this helps and Good Luck!!
    Last edited by Brad Sharpsword; 11-22-2010 at 01:03 AM.

AnnaCatwhisker is offline Pro Gamer

thank you! it works!

You're welcome! Glad I could help